Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP Avicii (Mod warning in op)

• 20-04-2018 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭

Avicii was found dead in Oman, aged 28.

Another gone too young.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8358389/avicii-dead-tim-bergling
    Swedish DJ Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, died at age 28 on Friday, April 20, his publicist confirmed.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," his publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

Mod-The next arsehole post gets treated like one. Have some respect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Way too young. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

"Wake me up when it's all over" immortalised. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rasputin87

Swedish DJ. Sold millions of albums, played sold out concerts to millions of people. Recognisable in dozens of countries around the world. Nominated for two Grammies, had also done lots of charity work. And all at only 28.

And who are you supposed to be again?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Don’t usually like electronic music but loved his stuff.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Rasputin87 wrote: »
    Swedish DJ. Sold millions of albums, played sold out concerts to millions of people. Recognisable in dozens of countries around the world. Nominated for two Grammies, had also done lots of charity work. And all at only 28.

And who are you supposed to be again?

His grandchildren will tell him later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Not a fan of his music at all but gone way too young.

What kick do people get out of pretending they don't know who he is? You blatantly know at least one of his songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

He is the artist behind the Ibiza hit that was very popular last Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

billyhead wrote: »
    He is the artist behind the Ibiza hit that was very popular last Summer.

He wasn’t involved with that tune, if it’s the one I assume you’re referring to. His name was just quoted in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Aw no. R.IP.. I was just listening to some of his stuff last night ; i like his stuff.
    "When I die I want to be remembered for the life I lived, not the money I made"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

martyos121 wrote: »
    He wasn’t involved with that tune, if it’s the one I assume you’re referring to. His name was just quoted in it.

Oh. Ok Sorry. i thought that was him:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtF6Jej8yb4

Far too young. RIP. My favourite artist by a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

What the f*ck!? Enough is Enough brings back some amount of memories. Levels too which is surely one of the most iconic tracks of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Jeez so young :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

He’s been behind loads of catchy tunes and put on a cracking gig in Marley Park a few years back. 28 is indeed far too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

He was a genius but the high life, especially booze really did him harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Entry level dance music for the masses, but seemed to do it well for the average clueless clubber...

Whilst I deplore that type of music personally - 28 years of age is too young to go....

Sympathies to his family, friend's and fans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What kick do people get out of pretending they don't know who he is? You blatantly know at least one of his songs.

I genuinely had to Google him, but that's a sign of my own ignorance and not something that should be worn as some kind of curmudgeonly badge of honour by boring old farts who think they're somehow 'above' pop culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

A young man who unfortunately had problems with alcohol, and apparently struggled with the fame his talents brought to him. In recent times he had took a step back from touring. Far too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A young man who unfortunately had problems with alcohol, and apparently struggled with the fame his talents brought to him. In recent times he had took a step back from touring. Far too young.

Let's not forget that, he is only a 28 year old with severe issues, he got sick and burnt himself out and had exhaustion also a few years back if memory serves...

DJing isn't as easy as people would think either, yes the act of playing your set is fairly simple once you get good enough at it...

For the average touring DJs (not in the same bracket as Avicii I mean) it can be a hard slog, Ryanair flights, airports and middle of the road hotel's are all they see from Thursday to Monday usually...

The one's that party I'm not sure how some of them are still alive tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

didn't mind his music but then again i have a liking for nearly all styles of electronic music in some form. he did what he did well and fair play to him. rip

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A lot of people here must not have turned on a radio for the last 5 years if they have never heard of the man or any of his music.

I'm a guy in my mid 40s and I know who he was.

RIP it's too young to have passed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I'm a guy in my mid 40s and I know who he was.

46 here, have tbh really liked his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

That really is shocking, 28 is so young. Not the biggest fan of dance music but of course I've heard of him because I don't live in a cave and he was a regular here in Vegas. If I hadn't I wouldn't comment tbh.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Always liked his stuff, not the biggest fan of that particular genre but he knew how to make a good tune.

Awful stink of snobbery from some posters who consider themselves to "cultured" to know his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I loved his music. Made you want to move. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Hey brother there's an endless road to rediscover.....rip. I did like his music for what it was. 28 is far too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People saying "Who?" like they have too much going on to know who he was when their lives are probably 80% online trolling.

And if you genuinely don't know, open a new tab and search. Twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

28 is no age at all. Loved Hey Brother, Levels and Wake Me Up. Rest in peace.

Advertisement