Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    Does anybody know where you could potentially pre-order now, or is there no hope?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058125033

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If there is any questions about where can I get a PS5 only refer to this thread. A lot of work has actually gone into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Problem is traffic will keep this and the preorder thread at the top of the page and the other one won't see anywhere near as much will drop down. Needs top be stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Yeah that thread really needs to be stickied. Answers almost all of the questions that will be coming in about getting the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah there seems to be someone asking in this thread at least once a day if there are any preorders available. Would it make sense to put message in thread title directing to qa thread that is also stickied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭spideyman92

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Size comparison between the DualSense and new XB controllers (source).

530480.jpg

This is kind of a pointless comparison to me. If it was between the PS4 & PS5 controllers it would be better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Digital Foundry gameplay reaction

This is kind of a pointless comparison to me. If it was between the PS4 & PS5 controllers it would be better in my opinion.
    Only ones I could find
    image-48-650x293.png

y0MJ1fw.jpg?fb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Quick Q.. can my son use his PS4 games on the PS5?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Quick Q.. can my son use his PS4 games on the PS5?

Yes. If they are disk games you need to get the disk PS5. Digital ones will work on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yes. If they are disk games you need to get the disk PS5. Digital ones will work on either.

Grumpy, you get a PS5 to review?? :)

PS5 will have Share Factory Studio for video and photo editing at launch
    Build your Legacy!

Share Factory Studio is back and better than ever with brand new features to help you personalize and share your best gaming moments.

Share Factory Studio on PS5 now includes 4K HDR support to create and edit professional looking videos right on your console. Add stickers, text, sounds effects, filters, camera effects and more to create dazzling videos and share to YouTube, Twitter or directly to your friends in Game Base.

Use the Photo Editor to customize and share your screenshots and create your own unique memes.

The updated Toolbox feature allows you to import your own videos, images, music and sound effects from a USB storage device.

Download Share Factory Studio today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hope there's a decent number of filters, even if there's not more options for brightness and colour correction at least if there's a decent number of filters it could help.

I've had to use pc to editing some games as they're too dark by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Question, if I buy miles morales ultimate from Amazon uk, can I use the code for spiderman on an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure if this is was ever mentioned but seems the PS5 will support 1440p and also 120Hz at 1440p on HDMI 2.0.

While I believe this is true, it's coming from a press release from BenQ who are a big monitor manufacturer and in which they also use the above to help downplay the lack of HDMI 2.1 and that they've only HDR400 displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

padair wrote: »
    Question, if I buy miles morales ultimate from Amazon uk, can I use the code for spiderman on an Irish account?

I'd be interested in this aswell! Currently sitting in my basket 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

padair wrote: »

This is actually a good question.....my gut instinct would be no though, especially with Brexit, the separation of the economic zones has always been fairly stark on the PS stores so I'd probably not risk it personally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this aswell! Currently sitting in my basket ��
    The price work out the same if you buy it in Smythstoy Ireland or even gamestop don't know why you're buying off amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

"PlayStation 4 games are not region locked, but downloadable content (DLC) and service entitlements (including in-game currencies) are locked to their PlayStation Store region. If the region of the PS Store which sold the DLC does not match the region of the game disc, the downloaded content will not be compatible. As a result, it is recommended that you only purchase games from reputable retailers in your country."

Found this on playstation site

As mentioned previously I've preordered the ps5 through a relative in dubai.i haven't owned a PlayStation in years so I don't have an account.

So my query is if I buy miles morales ultimate here in smyths for example will I be able to download the dlc or will it be deemed incompatible. Or once I setup the ps5 and my account as Irish will I be set to the Irish ps store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cotts72 wrote: »
    "PlayStation 4 games are not region locked, but downloadable content (DLC) and service entitlements (including in-game currencies) are locked to their PlayStation Store region. If the region of the PS Store which sold the DLC does not match the region of the game disc, the downloaded content will not be compatible. As a result, it is recommended that you only purchase games from reputable retailers in your country."

Found this on playstation site

As mentioned previously I've preordered the ps5 through a relative in dubai.i haven't owned a PlayStation in years so I don't have an account.

So my query is if I buy miles morales ultimate here in smyths for example will I be able to download the dlc or will it be deemed incompatible. Or once I setup the ps5 and my account as Irish will I be set to the Irish ps store

The account is completely separate from the physical location you purchase the console. Once you get it and set up an irish account, you'll be able to redeem irish codes, i.e. anything from smyths here will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I’m just checking the box/package dimensions and putting them into the Parcel Motel calculator and it looks like this will be an oversize item. So €7 to collect and if you want it home delivered another €7.95 on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I’m just checking the box/package dimensions and putting them into the Parcel Motel calculator and it looks like this will be an oversize item. So €7 to collect and if you want it home delivered another €7.95 on top of that.

Are there any special measures when picking up oversized items these days? Haven't had anything that big since last year. Are there queues outside at all? Gather there would be for the PS5 launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Evilbart

If you ordered from Amazon you can now just change the delivery address to your Irish one! That’s what I did. Also they have started using their own Amazon delivery vans and drivers in Ireland from last week so delivery’s should be a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

og2k7 wrote: »
    Are there any special measures when picking up oversized items these days? Haven't had anything that big since last year. Are there queues outside at all? Gather there would be for the PS5 launch?

It's normal they text to say when it's available. When you get there they have the mobile no of whoever is working on the door you call that and give relevant details like pmID and code you were sent.

They then get parcel,the day I was there lots arrived at same time. Luckily most just stood there queueing not realising you had to call first so I was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

What game or games are people thinking of getting with the new system? Demon souls miles Morales? Want to pick up one of them just not sure I'm theory would love both but new baby means playing time will be a lot lower than normal ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Evilbart wrote: »
    If you ordered from Amazon you can now just change the delivery address to your Irish one! That’s what I did. Also they have started using their own Amazon delivery vans and drivers in Ireland from last week so delivery’s should be a lot quicker.

Just tried and it is telling me not possible to deliver as it contains items not possible to deliver to my destination.

Have many others successfully changed? If so I may get on to Amazon CS and get them to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I can’t seem to change Amazon address from parcel motel to my own address in Cork. Is it only for Dublin if Amazon are using their own delivery vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are ye logged in on the PC? It won't change on the app.

String wrote: »
    I can’t seem to change Amazon address from parcel motel to my own address in Cork. Is it only for Dublin if Amazon are using their own delivery vans?

I live within walking distance of the Amazon warehouse and it won't let me change either so its not a Dublin thing

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are ye logged in on the PC? It won't change on the app.

Yep, on PC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement