Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Empires

• 12-08-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Probably the best strategy game of all time but is there ever going to be an Age of Empires IV? I've looked on google and it just gives me stuff from 2 years ago, does anyone know anything about something new from Age of Empires?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://ageofempiresonline.com/

looks kinda ****ty from what little i've seen of it, but that's what they're working on atm

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Ugh, it looks like they've ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i love age of empires, great game. still wont beat the ol combat flight simulator though!

Anyone know any similar strategy games to Age of Empires?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

command and conquer?

• Advertisement

command and conquer?

No that sucks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

starcraft 2, although it's a lot more intense than age of empires

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://ageofempiresonline.com/

looks kinda ****ty from what little i've seen of it, but that's what they're working on atm

I played the closed beta and found it a delight to play. Give it a chance. It's like that Zelda game that everyone thought was a kids game and terrible because of its graphics.... and on release was universally praised

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

online out today, free for most of the game but you can buy a retail version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

David086 wrote: »
    Anyone know any similar strategy games to Age of Empires?

Rise of Nations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Ensemble Studios that developed the AoE series, their original plan was to have 5 AOE games, with IV being in modern ages and V being in the future.

However the Ensemble Studios closed down after developing Halo wars in 2009 and so dont develope age of empires anymore.

Since Ensemble Studios was owned by microsoft, they own the rights to the name and Microsoft studios have created age of empires online

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Been playing AoE Online for past few days, havent played the previous ones but im really enjoying it, think i might even buy the premium celt civ when its released in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Also loving age of empires online, dont be put off by the cartoony graphics, give it a chance. Theyve merged an RPG with items with the strategy of Age of empires. It pays homage to the original age of empires, and is well worth a play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 notdavidbowie

Age of Empires online is great fun and ive played pretty much all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Didn't Ensemble Studios make that Halo strategy game too? Halo Wars? I know it didn't get the best reviews but it was a bit of craic to play. I'll admit, Age of Empires 2:Age Of Kings was my fave!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Similar games eh, Cossacks: European wars was sort of a spiritual successor to Age of Empires (That is what the makers said) but is better in so many ways! Its still very playable and is very enjoyable when playing against other people. Its AI isn't bad either and it has a lot of campaign missions and historical scenarios. Its expansion pack Back to War adds a lot to the original game as well. I saw it was re-released on Steam for a cheap price a while back.

Advertisement