Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Shower

• 17-05-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

We just moved house. Got a new combi boiler fitted and are now looking at showers. We were thinking standard mixer shower in main bathroom and electric shower in en-suite. Is there a need for an electric shower if we have constant hot water from the new boiler? Which option has the best water pressure?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Is your combi boiler just fed off the mains or is it boosted cold water feeding it.

If its just off the mains and your cold water isnt boosted then you need to be careful with the shower selection as the disparity in pressure between them can make it hard to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Is your combi boiler just fed off the mains or is it boosted cold water feeding it.

If its just off the mains and your cold water isnt boosted then you need to be careful with the shower selection as the disparity in pressure between them can make it hard to get right.

Not 100% sure I think it’s just mains fed but I will check with the plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The performance of an electric shower is poor by comparison to a pumped power shower. But if it’s only to be used occasionally, it can be nice to have some diversity in case your boiler/pump breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Combi shower shouldn't be off the mains at all. Combi should be fed from cold water tank. It should be Pumped from tank to combi and the cold water for the shower, basin etc should be off the same pump.

If plumber didn't install a pump then he has it fed from mains most likely. As said above if its mains fed then you are very limited in what shower you have installed. Thermostatic showers require equal pressure on hot & cold inlet.

Depending on how far away from the bathroom the boiler is it's possible that an electric shower will be cheaper to run. The pressure won't be as good though

Advertisement