Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

As i predicted from just the scent the blackcurrant soda and sour mango are lovely.
    The only other one i tried is the strawberry milkshake and its not that nice, the milk flavouring is a bit yucky. Its vapeable though.

The fruit custard may be hit or miss based on scent and the red one which smells like cherry is probably nice i think.

Ill update you on the last 2 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

So the funta red is really nice, it's like a cherry strawberry flavour (I think) and is nice and sweet.

The fruit custard is so so, nicer than the strawberry milkshake anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭finno

Doge wrote: »
    So the funta red is really nice, it's like a cherry strawberry flavour (I think) and is nice and sweet.

Thanks for the update, Mine was shipped today so hopefully have them in the
    next few days. It was shipped with UPS.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭finno

Doge wrote: »

Received mine yesterday unfortunately the fruit custard bottle broke in transit and it leaked all over the package.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

Gave up smoking just about a year ago and have been on the vapes since. Tried a rake a different flavours, went off tobacco pretty rapidly. I am using a zenith tank on an innokin Kroma-a, MTL only @ 17W. I found the darker dessert style vapes caused coils to burn out really quickly, like in a day or two, however I was always changing flavours and had not settled on anything I would call an all day vape. Eventually started on the icy fruit flavours as they tended to be clear and that seemed to make the coils last much longer.

Current all day vape is

Yeti (formerly Dr. Frost) – Watermelon Ice. I have been on this exclusively for the past 3 months and it just works for me, the coils last at least a week, the flavour is not heavy and sickly, and I was surprised to like the ice as I had no interest in menthol.

I tried some Crusher ones when there was no Dr Frost and I was really disappointed as they had that gross background flavour that just completely put me off. The watermelon one was ok, but the mixed berries was particularly bad - I binned that one.

Some other ones I have tried and liked - but not quite suitable for all day vapes:

Tuxedo Like a sir: one of the few tobacco ones that I enjoyed.

Tuxedo Italian: Coffee and almonds, nice but heavy on the coils and has an overpowering flavour. Both of these vapes left quite a lingering cloud behind and would be noticeable on clothes/fabric as a sticky kind of feel if vaping heavily.

Black Flag Risen Enriched by Five Pawns: Really unusual flavour. Too expensive for all day vaping and probably a bit complex for it anyway. Nice tobacco, also some truffle and other stuff in there. Have had nothing like it since but would buy a bottle if I saw it.

Lux Butterscotch chocolate espresso: More like eating than vaping, really very sweet. I found it too much by itself, after a few blasts its very cloying. I mixed it with some other vapes and it was ok like that.

Beard X no 00: This was my all day vape for a while and its a great flavour for an ex smoker who likes coffee, but it was a hoor with the coils - the worst of the lot. I thought I had a bad batch but no, it was the liquid. Its 80% VG so probably just too much for an MTL machine.

I personally found any of the hale vapes or the others you can buy in newsagents gave me fits of coughs. I think it was the high PG to VG ratio in them, didnt suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What are people’s favourite brands ? I been vaping kind of regular stuff all along, vampire vape , wicked etc but looking to go premium now.

Just looking for a few brand to try. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Depends what you're after? I vape mostly MTL and like tobaccos. If you're after a decent NET tobacco, I recommend Drakes burley. Love the stuff. I also like simple spearmint juice to keep things fresh. Primevapes do some great fruity eliquids. I've had pretty much their entire range and they're all top notch, provided that you like the flavour profile. They do some great custards too if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What are people’s favourite brands ? I been vaping kind of regular stuff all along, vampire vape , wicked etc but looking to go premium now.

Don't think there is a such thing as PREMIUM, its still the same ingredients. It's just marketed better

I like fruit flavours especially strawberry or strawberry cream type flavour but the cheap ones aren’t doing it for me anymore. I like custard ones aswel I’ll have a look at the primevapes thanks.

Well there’s seems to be a lot more expensive juices out there than the average 5euro per bottle so I’m assuming they’d taste better ?

I like the sound of some of the beard company flavours. Has anyone used it ?

• Advertisement

I used Charlies Chalk Dust - King Bellman for a while and it was quite nice. Tobacco, vanilla, brown sugar. Kind of tobacco and creme brulee. Quite nice and they come in 60ml bottles so not a massive investment if you dont like it.

The regular stuff is €5 for 10ml, so 50c per ml. They are premixed with nicotine for convenience, but you pay for that.

The premium stuff is normally priced much lower than that but comes in bigger bottles. Most premium liquids, for instance Dead Rabbit Society, would be at most €30 for a 100ml bottle, so 30c per ml. You may need to pay to add nicotine to your desired amount. Some throw it in for free with the bigger bottles.

Only issue is you are buying quite a lot of liquid, before you know if you like it. Happily most of them do 25ml size bottles, which are a bit more expensive per ml than the big bottles - generally around the €12.50 mark - but still cheaper per ml than the newsagent/standard 5€/10ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I like the sound of some of the beard company flavours. Has anyone used it ?

I tried their strawberry cheesecake(no. 05 I think) a couple of years ago, was nice from what I remember.
    I used to be big into strawberry flavours but not so much anymore. My favourite was probably vapewilds strawberry and cream but you can't get it any more. Van Dyke Vapes in the UK have a strawberry custard liquid called Ivory Rouge which is quite nice as well. Nova vapes strawberry milk is decent but you need to buy 50ml shortfill and put in 72mg nic if you want to mtl it. As Jackal says it can be a waste if you don't like it.

Sorry but is MTL ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sorry but is MTL ?

Mouth to lung. Same method as smokeing a cigerette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭leche solara

Sorry but is MTL ?

MTL is mouth to lung. This is most like the drag on a real cigarette. The alternative is direct lung where the drag goes directly to the lungs and usually produces more smoke (steam) due to a higher wattage being used.

Thanks doesn’t make much sense to me to be quiet honest. I’m ordering mother’s milk and unicorn milk , anyone tried them ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Complete noob here...

I see that a lot of the flavours online are without nicotine. I see that I can buy 50/50 pg/vg too, but how do I go about mixing these things?

I've only started vaping a few days ago, but interested in trying new flavours and better quality than the limited stock in shops.

The online stores seem to ship a 10ml €3 with €7.5 postage, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do I need syringes, funnels, pipettes etc?

Confused, TIA for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd hold off mixing your own for a bit .

Where do you live ? is there a Vape Shop near you ? give us the general area and someone will direct you to the best nearest Vape Shop .

jonski wrote: »
    I'd hold off mixing your own for a bit .

Where do you live ? is there a Vape Shop near you ? give us the general area and someone will direct you to the best nearest Vape Shop .

Thanks!

I live in Cork City and bought my Aspire from Wicked Vapes on Patrick Street.

They were really helpful so might go back there for liquid.

Just intrigued about all the flavours online.

Bought a strawberry juice for €1.5 in Dealz today but not too impressed. An apple and mango one from Daintys, from Wicked shop too, it's only OK.

I'm on 18mg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Bought a strawberry juice for €1.5 in Dealz today but not too impressed.

You get what you pay for. It's trial and error at the start, you really just need to suck it and see. I would recommend staying away from any bargains as a rule of thumb.

I personally vape different variants of the Anarchist fruit range.

The vape shop by Paul Street is good too.

mccard wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. It's trial and error at the start, you really just need to suck it and see. I would recommend staying away from any bargains as a rule of thumb.

I personally vape different variants of the Anarchist fruit range.

The vape shop by Paul Street is good too.

Thanks! I've ordered a few from online shops, including one of the Dinner Lady's.

I need to get in to mixing my own nic with the flavour, there seems to be little choice in the premixed juices.

This arrived:

NO. 24 | SWEET CREAM - 10ML E-LIQUID FRANCE

18mg €4

I like it. Sweet and biscuity. Smooth. Can put the wattage up beyond 30W, which was too harsh using my previous Dainty liquid (would not recommend it).

https://e-shop.ie/no.-24-sweet-cream-10ml-e-liquid-france-nicotine-level-18-mg-deal-of-the-day-1-bottle-4-EUR/p82

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

This arrived:

NO. 24 | SWEET CREAM - 10ML E-LIQUID FRANCE

18mg €4

I like it. Sweet and biscuity. Smooth. Can put the wattage up beyond 30W, which was too harsh using my previous Dainty liquid (would not recommend it).

https://e-shop.ie/no.-24-sweet-cream-10ml-e-liquid-france-nicotine-level-18-mg-deal-of-the-day-1-bottle-4-EUR/p82

can i ask what tank and coil you are useing ?

jambofc wrote: »
    can i ask what tank and coil you are useing ?

Aspire Nautilus Prime kit.

Bought it one week ago and I'm a total noob.

Trying the Wick Liquor Boulevard salts 20mg now.

Fruity loganberry flavour. Nice.

I'm probably not getting the best effect?
    I don't think my kit is MTL.

I've stuck to the default 0.64 ohm setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Trying the Wick Liquor Boulevard salts 20mg now.

Fruity loganberry flavour. Nice.

I'm probably not getting the best effect?
    I don't think my kit is MTL.

I've stuck to the default 0.64 ohm setting.

No you have a nice bit of kit there, the prime is a cracker. Yes your kit is MTL.
    The 0.7 ohm nautilus mesh coil is the best IMO so stick to that, great flavour and not too airy, the 1.8 is very tight in comparison.

rob316 wrote: »
    No you have a nice bit of kit there, the prime is a cracker. Yes your kit is MTL.
    The 0.7 ohm nautilus mesh coil is the best IMO so stick to that, great flavour and not too airy, the 1.8 is very tight in comparison.

Yeah, DTL is what I meant to say.
    I haven't tried the 1.8 coil yet.

Have barely been smoking tobacco at all, just the odd one with a beer, so I'm very happy with that!

Bad Blood from Nasty Salt 18mg

https://www.elementvape.com/bad-blood-nasty-salt-30ml#show

What does it mean when it says "not suitable for sub ohm use"? Why?

I'm using a 0.7 ohm coil.

I haven't tried it yet.

• Advertisement

Vampire Vape - Heisenberg

I like this.

Tastes of Halls blackcurrant soothers.
    Very nice.

Advertisement