Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st dip in the sea in 2011

• 30-12-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Grimes wrote: »
    March ... SDW....Cant wait for my weeks holiday in Connemara.

Yep March it will be for us to, for some actual diving.
    d4v1d wrote: »
    i can't wait for next monday (3rd jan) as i intend to dive hook head. i've not been in the water in about 4 months and really looking forward to getting wet.

Hook Head, yes must check that out this year. Planning on visiting as many sites as possible around Ireland.
    Dived earlier this afternoon. Conditions grand, viz zero...

Yeah viz was so so for snorkelling in Sandycove, wasn't the worst but still without being on the bottom like in diving, I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

howtomake wrote: »
    , I get claustrophobic in water where I have no point of reference (oh and feeling quite out of shape w/ sea fins didn't help). Need to conquer this!

Keep at it and you'll win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 meat bomb

Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

howtomake wrote: »
    Just wondering when most people are going back into the waters around Ireland, not necessarily for diving.

I have to be in Dublin bay on the morning of the 1st in snorkel gear. Not really looking forward to it, and I'm not wearing a weight belt, hate to wear one in murky water when snorkeling. I'm just going to be a brat about.

What do you mean 'back in the waters' some of us havent stopped:D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

meat bomb wrote: »
    Of those brave souls who've already started, wet suit or dry? I'm considering next weekend to launch the new year, but is it still too cold for wetsuits?

i went in semi-dry so i was nice and toasty but another person went in a wet suit. he didn't have any issue with the cold in the water but it was damned chilly getting out and changed!

we also kept the dive very shallow, 10m max depth, and only did a single dive as we had a newbie with us.

Advertisement