Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A couple of people have PM'd me, if I haven't replied to you, clear your inboxes, there's a few full ones I can't reply up.

Deleted a few there thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

I got space for one more, it's working out at €27 for 13 months
    Works great here

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

Setanter wrote: »
    I got space for one more, it's working out at €27 for 13 months
    Works great here
    I'd be interested if that's the 4k package?
    But I'd only be able to pay through PayPal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Guadalupe Prickly Recruiter

Deleted a few there thanks

Still telling me it's full for some reason!

Still telling me it's full for some reason!

Thank you got your PM.ill check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'd be interested if any groups are going. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭concubar

I'd also be interested if any groups are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

i organised a spotify one and it works perfectly.i would do this as well if someone could explain what the benefits are.

as far as i can see 4 people sign up to the premium for 13.99 a month which is 168 for the year divided by 4 is 42 euro each.ill have ultra hd etc etc but i can only watch one screen because theres 3 others using it?

am i right on all this?

if im right its cheaper but what about the rest of the family :mad:

i organised a spotify one and it works perfectly.i would do this as well if someone could explain what the benefits are.

as far as i can see 4 people sign up to the premium for 13.99 a month which is 168 for the year divided by 4 is 42 euro each.ill have ultra hd etc etc but i can only watch one screen because theres 3 others using it?

am i right on all this?

if im right its cheaper but what about the rest of the family :mad:

You're correct. On one hand I think people wanting to go on a deal like this are single people with minimal incomes, possibly students. On the other hand, they're wanting 4K UHD content, so am assuming they can afford a TV that is minimum best part of a grand to see the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

if im right its cheaper but what about the rest of the family

I know, i use all four screens so it wouldnt work for me either. Wouod be interested in buying the Mexican subsceiotion though to get it at a lower price. How can i do that can anybody explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

unit 1 wrote: »
    Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.

i use smartdnsproxy and its back working now for US content

just taking this as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjOK2OUlos

im open to correction on any of this.

roughly 42 euros for vpn for two years.

mexican netflix is the cheapest at 9 euros for premium so for two years its 216 + 42 is 258 and that works out at 10.75 a month for premiuim.

14 euros a month here.

it is saving of sorts, but will the vpn stay working?can netflix block it? will it cause other problems along the way?

i would be slow to do it i have to say unless someone can tell me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I signed up for the 4 screen 4k Mexican one.

3 spaces left as my dad etc already are signed up.

Costing me mx 199 a month. /+/- 8.95€.

9 x 12 = 108 ÷ 4 = €27 each per month for 13 months.

First 3 pms will secure a profile.

Edit these are all gone now.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Netflix are fairly on the ball with blocking VPN use, it's a game of catch and mouse and they will usually always win. If you do find a VPN that works for Netflix content, it will soon get blocked. Also, a lot of the cheaper VPNs don't refresh their IPs, so once its blocked on Netflix, iPlayer etc it's useless.

However for the purpose of cheap billing, you only need to use a Mexican (in this case) VPN once to log onto the Netflix web page, not actually to watch any geo blocked content. Once you've signed up, you would just use Netflix as normal for whatever country your in, eg Ireland. So no need to buy a 2 year VPN sub as you only need to use the VPN once to sign up.
    Any recommendations for a trial vpn that has Mexico servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Any recommendations for a trial vpn that has Mexico servers?

Windscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Windscribe

Need to upgrade for mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

HOLA worked fine for me last night

HOLA worked fine for me last night

what exactly did it do?get you usa netflix?

i think somebody in here said hola was a bit dodgy is that the case?

HOLA has a Mexican server - so you can sign up with Netflix Mexico.
    No idea how safe it is.
    Its a Chrome add-on - so make you own mind up and proceed as you see fit.
    How you get Netflix USA is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Any hassle using an Irish credit card if doing the sign up via vpn?

• Advertisement

I used a REVOLUT card

Windscribe

windsribe doesn't work for me for getting other country content for netflix - are you planning to /did sign up and then just use the Irish content?

glasso wrote: »
    windsribe doesn't work for me for getting other country content for netflix - are you planning to /did sign up and then just use the Irish content?

That's the whole point of this thread. Netflix don't allow using VPN's to access content from outside your region. If you want to do that, you might as well just use an android box and watch anything you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

unit 1 wrote: »
    Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.

i use smartdnsproxy and its back working now for US content
    I use this too. This is changing DNS settings though, not VPN.

Lads, too many people here confusing things but posting about different topics without realising it.

The purpose of the thread is about getting Netflix cheaper by signing up to it in a country where it is cheaper than it currently is in Ireland. This can be done though the use of VPN. There is no need to use a VPN to access the content in the country where you are located. If you sign up in Mexico and are billed in pesos each month, but watch in Ireland, you get the Irish content. Or the UK content if you're based in the UK etc, with no need to use VPN whatsoever

Using VPN/DNS services to access, for example, US Netflix content from a country other than the US (e.g. watching US Netflix from Ireland) is a different topic, and one that probably isn't allowed on the thread.

[QUOTE=EagererBeaver;105122789

Using VPN/DNS services to access, for example, US Netflix content from a country other than the US (e.g. watching US Netflix from Ireland) is a different topic, and one that probably isn't allowed on the thread.[/QUOTE]

don't see how that is any worse that talking about scamming netflix on subscriptions! :p

You're probably right. Still, the chat about it is a separate topic that is confusing a good few on the thread by the looks of things.

Keeping on topic then...

If you already have an Irish paid sub, can you cancel and use the same account to re-sign up on the Mexico version? When I log into the mexico netflix with my account, it just gives me the option to re-activate on the Irish prices.

(I'd like to keep my viewing history / list / suggestions rather then start a new account!)

When I signed up on Netflix Mexico, it said welcome back, do it recognised my email address. I still got given a free month.

I had to set up users again and choose preferences, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Keeping on topic then...

If you already have an Irish paid sub, can you cancel and use the same account to re-sign up on the Mexico version? When I log into the mexico netflix with my account, it just gives me the option to re-activate on the Irish prices.

(I'd like to keep my viewing history / list / suggestions rather then start a new account!)

When I signed up on Netflix Mexico, it said welcome back, do it recognised my email address. I still got given a free month.

I had to set up users again and choose preferences, though.

Did you have an active subscription elsewhere beforehand? If so, mind sharing the steps you followed?

• Advertisement

Did you have an active subscription elsewhere beforehand? If so, mind sharing the steps you followed?

I used to have Netflix here, but cancelled maybe a year ago. I just used a VPN, set it to Mexico, went to Netflix Mexico, signed up and entered payment details.

I just used my Irish card, so who knows if I'll have problems when the first payment arrives in a month. The whole process took less than a minute.

Advertisement