Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea of Thieves

• 08-03-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Figured this deserves it's own thread now rather than clogging up the Xbox Gaming thread

Sea of Thieves is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Studios for Microsoft Windows and Xbox One, set for release in 2017.

Innovative co-op gameplay in a shared world
    Work together as a pirate crew with shared goals and rewards, where you’ll go on epic voyages in search of legendary artifacts and buried treasure, but where the potential threat of other players always lurks over the horizon.

Be the pirates you want to be
    Crew up with your friends and be the pirates you want, choosing your own roles and goals. Explore the world, take on quests, or seek out conflict. It’s your crew against the world, and how you deal with other crews is entirely up to you.

A rich fantastical world
    Explore a beautiful world with a distinctive art style that is ripe for discovery and adventure, with mythical creatures lurking on islands and under the inviting surface of the sea.

The game is currently in technical alpha stage -and you can join the insider program here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got an email from insider program, now going to be weekly playtests every Wednesday from 7pm - 10pm... hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Not convinced on this one. Looks like a good idea if you have a regular group of players or belong to a clan, but the reality for most of us will be different. Most of us are going to have to team up with strangers, how will that experience be? And the game will inevitably be full of bigger and badder gangs making battles an exercise in futility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Out of all the times I have played, i have been with strangers and it has always worked out well.
    We've had fun, never any issue and everyone had a Mic so we could communicate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Out of all the times I have played, i have been with strangers and it has always worked out well.
    We've had fun, never any issue and everyone had a Mic so we could communicate

Good to hear. Hope it turns out well despite my negativity! Does look good.

Yeah same goes for me, I've only played in one play test which was on last week

I went in with 3 randoms and normally these days I'm a grumpy shît who doesn't converse outside of parties with friends, but we were all chatting away by the end and it was genuinely some of the best fun I've had online in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This is the only game so far I've considered getting an Xbox for, I think it'd be brilliant craic with the few guys I play with online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I believe there is currently a 24hr play session for those that have the alpha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone get invited to the alpha that's on later today?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be hopping on for it at some stage, it's on 7 until ten i think.

Excellent, I'll be on at 7 if people want to party up and sail the seven seas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I really really enjoyed that. There's a lot of team work required but a very good experience for an Alpha.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I really really enjoyed that. There's a lot of team work required but a very good experience for an Alpha.

Yea that was a very enjoyable alpha, really makes you work together.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it again via a beta.

As soon as we got into a game, I saw a ship behind us so we went in for the attack.
    Was a great laugh, we bumped into the same ship later on and just kept sinking them, even taking their chests.
    Loved the cursed chests, they were a laugh but I think the best part was when we were battling the ship from earlier and another ship pulls up so we were boarding and shooting both ships, we sunk both.
    Not fond of the sword fight though
    Anyone play on Wednesdays?

As soon as we got into a game, I saw a ship behind us so we went in for the attack.
    Was a great laugh, we bumped into the same ship later on and just kept sinking them, even taking their chests.
    Loved the cursed chests, they were a laugh but I think the best part was when we were battling the ship from earlier and another ship pulls up so we were boarding and shooting both ships, we sunk both.
    Not fond of the sword fight though
    Anyone play on Wednesdays?

We couldn't figure out why our ship was filling up with water. Turned out to be the chest of sorrow :) nice little touch.

We had one of our guys hold onto it while on the ladder on the side of the ship.
    Didnt get much for cashing it in so I suggested if we get it again, we board the enemy ship with it and leave it on their ship :D
    We also got the chest of 1000 Grog I think its called, it made the holder drunk and hard to walk

We had one of our guys hold onto it while on the ladder on the side of the ship.
    Didnt get much for cashing it in so I suggested if we get it again, we board the enemy ship with it and leave it on their ship :D
    We also got the chest of 1000 Grog I think its called, it made the holder drunk and hard to walk

I think we got €4000 for it. Was the most valuable one we found.

Anyone going to be on this tonight?

Yeah I plan to be on later, yarr!

Anyone going to be on this tonight?

Is it included in the Saturday play test invite?

I think once you've received a playtest invite you're eligible for all future tests

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I think once you've received a playtest invite you're eligible for all future tests

Excellent. Hopefully i can get on tonight!!

Yeah once you are invited you have access on Wednesdays

maximoose wrote: »

Sweet, I might get on tonight so as well.

GT is DaveNoCheese

Sweet, I might get on tonight so as well.

GT is DaveNoCheese

He's the worst pirate ever. Spent more time in the sea than on the boat :pac:

Some man for a sea shanty though:)

IF you want to get into some sea battles, add me :)

MaxMartello

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's the worst pirate ever. Spent more time in the sea than on the boat :pac:

Some man for a sea shanty though:)

I do believe you were the first one to fall into the sea.. and to also die by a skeleton :pac:

I do believe you were the first one to fall into the sea.. and to also die by a skeleton :pac:

I fell out of the crows nest loads of times :pac:

Anyone up for a game? I've started a LFG in the Club if your interested

They cancelled last nights tests but will be making this weekends test 6 hours long instead.
    New stuff added it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Anyone playing this today?

Advertisement