Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

Hello Oculus Rift:D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Be careful there, I had some warehouse items orphaned in my basked for a longer while and a few days back their prices went up by 25%, meaning they are back to the starting price now with 20% off. The oldest trick in the sales book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Lots of these so called BF "deals" aren't really deals at all. Sellers will raise their prices before sales to give the impression that their stock is on big discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hello Oculus Rift:D

Reduced to what?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Reduced to what?

Down to £286. No shrink wrap and the digital codes might be expired. I can live with that quite easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

New 4k firestick down to £35

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

iggy wrote:
    New 4k firestick down to £35

Got the New Fire stick on Thursday paid £49, Is it just hard luck it's down in price now or do Amazon refund the difference, has anybody any dealings with amazon like this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

lukeeman wrote: »
    Got the New Fire stick on Thursday paid £49, Is it just hard luck it's down in price now or do Amazon refund the difference, has anybody any dealings with amazon like this situation
    i believe that they have stopped giving back the difference and yoiu will need to return and re order, could still chance your arm on chat about it

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

lukeeman wrote: »

Not sure about refunding the difference, but their CS should be able to set you straight.
    You could return and get a refund, and purchase the cheaper on in the mean time. Depends if £14 - return postage costs is worth the bother to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

Frunchy wrote: »
    Lots of these so called BF "deals" aren't really deals at all. Sellers will raise their prices before sales to give the impression that their stock is on big discounts.

Most of the people here will be tracking on https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com so they'll be well aware of the historical prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

lukeeman wrote:

Just got sorted from amazon's online chat, done very quickly can't fault them, refund of £14. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sidan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any thoughts on this tv, pro reviews are scarce, bagged at 2-% off but not sure...

Sony KD49XF7073

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Digital radon gas detector for £131. It has been £169 over the past few months according to 3Camels.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corentium-AirThings-Detector-International-Version/dp/B00FORY4QU

I lost an uncle a few years ago due to lung cancer, after which his house was found to have over double the EPA action limit for radon. Although more expensive than a single use test kit (link), this could work out cheaper if you would like to test multiple rooms or a couple of family member homes. If every home/room has a low level, you can either resell it to recover some of the cost or monitor for radon on an on-going basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

To those looking for noise cancelling headphones I thought I'd point out the price on Sennheiser Momentums dropped to £190 recently. Very nice headphones, reviews said if noise cancelling was your priority then go Bose but if sound reproduction is your priority these have the edge. I found the noise cancelling aspect to be really good (bus/plane) but mainly I got them for their sound which is excellent.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Momentum-Over-Ear-Wireless-Headphones-Black/dp/B00SUZVLAA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542633506&sr=8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Not sure about refunding the difference, but their CS should be able to set you straight.
    You could return and get a refund, and purchase the cheaper on in the mean time. Depends if £14 - return postage costs is worth the bother to ya.

It's always been free returns for me. What triggers off the 14 euro return?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

SteM wrote: »
    Most of the people here will be tracking on https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com so they'll be well aware of the historical prices.

I agree lot of people here use camel3, but still there's a majority out there who i'm sure are not aware of camel3. I had a Tower Airfryer which was 31.50 (Warehouse deals) now it's gone upto 48, so even after 20% supposed discount on warehouse deals it'll be expensive than the previous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Reati wrote: »

I was charged this fee recently, of course I haven't used and have no intention of using amazon again. High risk if you'r not happy with product or it is not as described/expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Unsure between the 4k fire stick or mi box 2gb version.
    Any advice?
    Was gonna go with the mi box but with the fire stick being £35 I'm not sure now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

honda boi wrote: »
    Unsure between the 4k fire stick or mi box 2gb version.
    Any advice?
    Was gonna go with the mi box but with the fire stick being £35 I'm not sure now

The firestick is honestly fantastic, theres nothing you'll want that you won't be able to do with it.

• Advertisement

Reati wrote: »

Sorry, thats £14 minus return postage costs

I agree lot of people here use camel3, but still there's a majority out there who i'm sure are not aware of camel3. I had a Tower Airfryer which was 31.50 (Warehouse deals) now it's gone upto 48, so even after 20% supposed discount on warehouse deals it'll be expensive than the previous price.

I can't speak for the rest, but camel3? No no no, I go out of my way to blurt our camelcamelcamel as often as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

The firestick is honestly fantastic, theres nothing you'll want that you won't be able to do with it.

Only thing putting me off is I have the original firestick and it's slow as hell doing anything!!
    I'm hoping and surely there would be an improvement on speed!

Some video encoding might not work. Some services ;) serve content that the firestick just can't decode. That said its very very rare, and i've not tried to install any codecs so there's probably a solution out there.

My endorsement: I bought a smart samsung TV about 2 years ago, I only use a FireStick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know the story with Fire Stick listings saying it only ships to the UK and some services are not available? I only need it for Netflix/Spotify but would like to add an Echo down the road. Anyone know what services are restricted on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

I got a Firestick on BF last year . I don't use Spotify but Netflix works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

but each warehouse item is individually priced depending on it's condition - the one you saw at 31.50 may not be the same one that was priced at 48...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with Fire Stick listings saying it only ships to the UK and some services are not available? I only need it for Netflix/Spotify but would like to add an Echo down the road. Anyone know what services are restricted on it?

The fire tv sticks have all of the prime video stuff showing, but won't work even if you subscribe to prime (or at least has never worked for me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Will Zara do anything for Black Friday?

Advertisement