Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

In a public place you have the right to record anyone you like.

Unfortunately "fans" tend to be ignorant ****s and will hound you for a pic, or just to see if they can get a reaction so they can sell it to TMZ or one of those online ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Unfortunately "fans" tend to be ignorant ****s and will hound you for a pic, or just to see if they can get a reaction so they can sell it to TMZ or one of those online ****s.

That doesn't change the fact that there is no expectation of privacy in a public place which the other poster tried to claim.

That doesn't change the fact that there is no expectation of privacy in a public place which the other poster tried to claim.

Never said it was. There's a big difference in asking if you can get a pic and just shoving a camera in someone's face though. Generally asking will get you a pic. If not, have the decency to **** off and not try get one anyway.

I know that's not what really happened with the phone smashing, but I doubt he was being sound either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

There's an expectation of not being harrased though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

pgj2015 wrote: »
    you would think he would have brought out a sports drink like lucozade sport not a whiskey, he didnt get where he is today by drinking whiskey. he has probably turned half his young teenage fans towards his whiskey, that will be great for them.

You honestly think Lucozade sport is a drink for athletes? Few Red Bull’s before bed. Spike the insulin regularly to keep the diabetes in line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Never said it was. There's a big difference in asking if you can get a pic and just shoving a camera in someone's face though. Generally asking will get you a pic. If not, have the decency to **** off and not try get one anyway.

I know that's not what really happened with the phone smashing, but I doubt he was being sound either

I thought it had already been established that the guy was goading Conor about his loss to Khabib?

If that's the case he deserved his phone smashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭pgj2015

BDI wrote: »
    You honestly think Lucozade sport is a drink for athletes? Few Red Bull’s before bed. Spike the insulin regularly to keep the diabetes in line?

well its better than whiskey, a hit of sugar to keep you going at half time or between rounds. people like mcgregor shouldn't be allowed promote alcohol.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I thought it had already been established that the guy was goading Conor about his loss to Khabib?

If that's the case he deserved his phone smashed!
    Could have been, can't remember the details as it was a while back. As I said, I doubt he was being sound anyway.
    well its better than whiskey, a hit of sugar to keep you going at half time or between rounds. people like mcgregor shouldn't be allowed promote alcohol.

Why would that be exactly?

Why would that be exactly?[/QUOTE]

Because most of his fans are kids and we have a bad enough problem with alcohol consumption in the country, has he not enough money?

Because most of his fans are kids and we have a bad enough problem with alcohol consumption in the country, has he not enough money

So one fella promoting his whiskey is gonna turn all kids into alcoholics? Celebs endorse drinks all the time, some also have their own drinks.
    Kids aren't that susceptible...

Anyway, hopefully a fight is announced soon

• Advertisement

So one fella promoting his whiskey is gonna turn all kids into alcoholics? Celebs endorse drinks all the time, some also have their own drinks.
    Kids aren't that susceptible...

Anyway, hopefully a fight is announced soon

James Gallagher proves they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's correct.

However, it typically applies in relation to filming crowds, catching people in the background of public places. But there are relevant laws.
    Specifically, and aggressively targeting one person doesn't breach privacy laws, but it is definitely considered harassment.
    Some sports drink between rounds is fine for athletes. But what has that got to do with kids?

Kids get much more exposure to alcohol at home. It's ingrain in society, for right or wrong. Conor's whiskey isn't going to make the slightest blip on alcohol consumption in Ireland.
    Realistically it's out of the price range for most teenagers. Teens go for what ever was cheap. Tesco and aldi vodka will contribute more to kids drink spirits than proper 12.

8 weeks out to from his alleged return. If there's nothing announced this week probably load of bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

US2 wrote: »
    8 weeks out to from his alleged return. If there's nothing announced this week probably load of bull?

Fight announcement coming before the end of next week.
    The headliner of this Las Vegas card is not gonna be Ortega vs a Korean Zombie!!

The headliner of this Las Vegas card is not gonna be Ortega vs a Korean Zombie!!

That'll probably be Jon Jones against either Corey or Dominic. I expect that announced this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If Conor fight is too be announced for a January card then id say it will be announced either at the Usman press conference or before it so Conor v opponent can attend the presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Classic 2019 McGregor. loads of bluster but nothing tangeable for weeks afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

dulux99 wrote: »
    Classic 2019 McGregor.

Better than 2018 MacGregor, but not a patch on Alravez McGregar.

Ortega v Zombie is a fight night, in Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Classic 2019 McGregor. loads of bluster but nothing tangeable for weeks afterwards.

Its coming up to Xmas busiest time for whiskey sales so he's doing his annual promotion push. I'm telling ya lads he has no interest in fighting just pretending he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Effects wrote: »
    Better than 2018 MacGregor, but not a patch on Alravez McGregar.

What's amazing is how you can have 2 completely different spellings of his surname within the same sentence!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    What's amazing is how you can have 2 completely different spellings of his surname within the same sentence!
    And the Reebok spelling for Alvarez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Whelo79 wrote: »

Coner has evolved over the years, so too have the spellings of his name.
    At least I didn't call him McTapper/McNugget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Lads in reality he’s not fighting on that January date he “announced” a few weeks ago is he?
    Probably a self proclaimed date to try and force the hand of the UFC, or have himself look good.

Lads in reality he’s not fighting on that January date he “announced” a few weeks ago is he?
    Probably a self proclaimed date to try and force the hand of the UFC, or have himself look good.

No chance, there's fights being announced left right and centre for events in Houston and Raleigh, not a sniff of any fight for January in Vegas. If there was an event in January, there'd atleast be some prelims being organised by now.

No chance, there's fights being announced left right and centre for events in Houston and Raleigh, not a sniff of any fight for January in Vegas. If there was an event in January, there'd atleast be some prelims being organised by now.

3 fights organised, but not officially announced, on MMA junkie.

I've no idea if Conor will be fighting on 246. But the face that 245 is mid december, I'd be pretty sure that 246 will be in jan at some point. I can't see them leaving it 7+ weeks between events at that time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone here actually think conor will give up his Christmas training watching what he eats and drinks. He's not short of money. If irc he said something before about not fighting close to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone here actually think conor will give up his Christmas training watching what he eats and drinks. He's not short of money. If irc he said something before about not fighting close to Christmas

No. From what I hear hes very very focused this time around.

Mellor wrote: »
    3 fights organised, but not officially announced, on MMA junkie.

I've no idea if Conor will be fighting on 246. But the face that 245 is mid december, I'd be pretty sure that 246 will be in jan at some point. I can't see them leaving it 7+ weeks between events at that time of year

Ah, I didn't realise that. Nevertheless I still don't think McGregor will be fighting that night. If it is Cerrone, who never says no to a fight, why wasn't this wrapped up and announced weeks ago?

• Advertisement

Ah, I didn't realise that. Nevertheless I still don't think McGregor will be fighting that night. If it is Cerrone, who never says no to a fight, why wasn't this wrapped up and announced weeks ago?
    Possibly to announce it at a PPV event that’ll have eyes on it.
    Look at it this way, somebody is headlining UFC 246 in January. And that somebody hasn’t been announced yet. For whatever reason.

Looks like Jones is fighting Reyes at 247 in Feb.

Advertisement