Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

• 31-05-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Don't know if there is a thread already on this store, If so apologies and feel free to close.

This store is based in Omni park shopping center, also think there is one in blanchardstown shopping center.

EVERYTHING in the store is €1.49.
    From toothpaste,deodorant,cleaning products, garden, food (bars/biscuits and sweets, tea bags,coffee etc) small electrical, Cd's,DVDs, dog food, cat food.
    They have a bit of everything.

None of this "reduce to clear" because food is about to expire , it's well known products and brands at a good price

Just taught I'd let all you bargain hunters know about it. Would recommend anyone in the area to check it out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

They have a shop in Athlone also - seems to be a British chain as some of thier stuff is geared towards the UK market - British Passport covers etc

I buy my sweets for the cinema there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Yes its around a while, good few locations around the country. Their parent company is Poundland in the UK. Some great offers alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Although beware lots of times I find the same stuff in Dunnes (admittedly on offer) for under €1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Get bits and bobs in the Newbridge store all the time, some great bargains in there indeed :)

Plus its the only place I've found does cinema bags of sweet popcorn, score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think a lot of there stuff is grey imports, i.e. intended for a different market. Manufacturers like coke could have very different wholesale prices in different countries, this is why you get arabic writing on cans of coke in some chippers etc, they do not go through the official Irish distributor.

So some known brands might taste a little different than Irish market ones. So if you plan on really stocking up you might want to buy small amounts, go out to your car, taste a bar or can and go back in once you are sure it is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

best shop ever. I went in the other day and they were selling wallpaper. For 1.49 a roll.

They've a deadly cosmetics selection too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Easily the best store of this sort. Obviously you get what you pay for with some products but there are huge savings in some areas. Check out the books section, very odd selection but the odd gem pops up.

Best deal so far was the armstrong and miller book I got in Poundland (same shop different name) in Derry last October. The person I got it for was a big fan of the show. Went to Easons on the way back to the car,

Eason price £10.99
    Poundland £1.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ive banned myself from going in, its impossible not to come out without buying half a dozen things. Some products can be found cheaper in other supermarkets so not everything is a bargain, but i love it. Im such a nerd but i spend half my day looking for or misplacing pens. They have extendable clip on pens 2 for €1.49,,..best invention ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

They do really good basic homeware stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Good gardening bits and bobs in it.

Items like bulbs and seeds,plant pots,water spray bottles,training wire,plant id tags and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

4 cans of cheery coke for €1.49, yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Where in Blanchardstown is Dealz, I haven't seen it yet I'm there frequently!

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

kelle wrote: »
    Where in Blanchardstown is Dealz, I haven't seen it yet I'm there frequently!

It's over where Halfords and Lidl are. Not sure of the name of the area with the shops but it's where the KFC is in the carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's Westend Retail Park

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

€1.50 for a luggage weighing hook. will come in handy for those ryanair flights

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some great perfumes for 10 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some great perfumes for 10 euros

I saw that too! Intimately Beckham, Beyonce Pulse and one of the Katy Perry ones amongst others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I bought beckham intimate just about last week,great offers in dealz,i was on my way in there for three packs of facial wipes 3 packs for 1.49!!!! I get all my beauty stuff in there,well bar the make up.But ive tried their rimmel eyeshadows and they are good no problems with them at all.Picked up a few other essentail bits and bobs,really worked out very cheap.
    If it wasnt for pennys,dealz and lidls/aldi i dont know where i would be!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Mix of Cheap tat stuff and good bargains. Worth a wander.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Some good techy gadgets too.

€2 for a usb bluetooth v2 adapter, and it works with the Raspberry Pi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hmmm, I shopped a few time in Dealz and although they do have a very wide range of items from food to bathroom items etc, you really do get what you pay for. The Coke and Chocolate tasted quite different from the branded stuff, which explains the strange writing and different volumes on the packaging. Foreign markets may not be to everyone's taste. Plus the shower gel and body sprays were just vile-smelling cheap tat, which I was surprised by as I always got decent bathroom items in Lidl or Aldi. But at the end of the day, the stuff there is only 1euro50cent so if you are on a tight budget it might come in handy but if you are looking for quality as well, this isnt really the place, its a glorified tatty pound shop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They are hardly trying to pretend they are anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

its a glorified tatty pound shop..

its not a glorified pound shop, it is a pound shop, called poundland in the uk, they just changed the name when they opened here.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/

what did you think they were ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hmmm, I shopped a few time in Dealz and although they do have a very wide range of items from food to bathroom items etc, you really do get what you pay for. The Coke and Chocolate tasted quite different from the branded stuff, which explains the strange writing and different volumes on the packaging. Foreign markets may not be to everyone's taste. Plus the shower gel and body sprays were just vile-smelling cheap tat, which I was surprised by as I always got decent bathroom items in Lidl or Aldi. But at the end of the day, the stuff there is only 1euro50cent so if you are on a tight budget it might come in handy but if you are looking for quality as well, this isnt really the place, its a glorified tatty pound shop..

Comparing them to Aldi or Lidl is not comparing like with like.

Thanks for pointing out the part I've bolded :rolleyes:, as most normal people are on a tight budget.
    Your post comes across as very snobbish tbh.

You're talking utter crap. The cans of Coke and food items taste identical to the sane ones that your but in tesco. The reason for the different volumes and number of items per pack is because most of the big name brands specifically produce items for dealz. I tried the shower gel and had no issues with any of them and all the known brands are identical to what's in Tesco and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Much of what you say is simply not true. Just like any other shop the buyer needs to be beware when you go into Dealz. There are a huge amount of Bargains with proper brands. There are some items that are average value and there are items that you need to avoid. The same could be said of Tesco. Some of their own branded stuff isn't great.

It would take too long to go down through the list of branded stuff that's on sale in dealz just like anywhere else. Where I will point out you get value for money is their electronic items Like HDMI cables and various extension leads.

You can also pick up the odd good book cheap. Dog treats are also great at 1.49 when they're close to 2.49 elsewhere when they're not on offer. Same with Monster munch, usually 80c cheaper than Dunnes for the same product.

They're called dealz because we don't have pounds in this country, but they're basically a poundstore, but one that's a cut above the rest generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Dealz in blanch last week had Original Source shower gel for 1.49, same one in tesco and boots for 2.79.
    They also have sure and right guard as well, so I dunno what shower gel or body sprays you were looking at, but if you looked closer you would see branded items.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its interesting that they've deviated from the "everything is exactly the same price" model here, which I believe they still haven't in the UK. May be an experiment with a smaller market to see if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The difference in taste of coke & the chocolate is because they are manufactured in the UK. UK Coke & Cadbury's chocolate are nowhere as nice as the Irish stuff.

Advertisement