Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ufc Vancouver this weekend, I'd say they are getting as many fighters in as possible. Also, I'd be interested in knowing if it's UFC or EA bigwigs that decide cover fighters. As much as DC is loved by the company, i imagine they'd prefer Conor on the cover. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he was but he didn't be anywhere near it (hopefully that way he can avoid the cover course).

Who do ye think will be on it and who ye think SHOULD be on it?

Khabib Jones Nunez maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

D.Q wrote: »
    Khabib Jones Nunez maybe?

I'd love to see Nate get the cover.

Geoff Harrower tweeting about Tristan Connelly all night, thought it was just because he's a local lad but turns out he trains the EA Vancouver staff in jiujitsu and did mocap for ufc 3.

New addition to the UFC EA Gamechanger program. UFC 3 was announced in November so we should be seeing an announcement very soon. Predicting a BMF edition also :)

Only worrying thing is EA cancelled NBA Live 20 and writing for next gen before releasing a new bball game and delayed another game i can't think of atm. Not sure if this will affect the UFC games but because its not released annually, it might not be affected the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mmaadvice

This excites me

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump, no updates on EA UFC 4 :( but i recently bought a ps3 and fight night champion as i never played it before. Only played a small bit of the story mode but i feel like UFC must be holding this game series back. EA have shown that they can implement a very interesting story mode but that would mean a lot of non UFC stuff which i would say they just aren't allowed to do. On the other side, I'd say UFC don't care how the game does and what would make it more successful.

I would love to see them do another non ufc game like ea mma bit I'm sure that would hurt their sales aa well without the UFC name. Bit of a crap situation and very strange we haven't heard anything about it but 'gamechangers' hinted to be working on it. It

Ufc 1 released in June 2014, 2 in march 2016 and 3 in February 2018 with all announcements being the year before. Wonder what's on store for 4.

Man, Geoff Harrower, lead gameplay dev for EA Sports UFC has left to start a new job.

Who knows what easy the series will go now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Man, Geoff Harrower, lead gameplay dev for EA Sports UFC has left to start a new job.

Who knows what easy the series will go now.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, someone knew in the role will most likely want to get to put their own stamp on it and change things a bit. If Geoff was still in the role we might just get a typical EA rehash of more of the same like happens with FIFA every year, at least now there's a chance of something different..just hopefully different better and not different worse.

Yeah it could do with freshness but the amount of work he visibly put into the meta of the game and be open with players to explain and make changes is rare among devs, especially at EA. I think for us to get the mma game we deserve, it would need to go back to ea mma days (non ufc) for more freedom in what they can do with the game. Any kind of news on 4 would be welcome anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

His interaction is definitely rare, if anything that's something a community manager should have been doing feeding back info from the users and the dev team but it was great to have it directly from him.

I agree I don't think we will ever be fully happy with and EA/UFC game and the most likely thing is we get UFC 3 with some improvements rather than a new game built from the ground up as that's the EA way. We see it every year with all their sports franchise games and for everything that they fix from the previous year, they break other stuff so it's just a vicious cycle. The license between them is up after 4 afaik anyway so 4 is EA's chance to really impress and look to renew and if not then there's a chance it goes elsewhere.

• Advertisement

With a 2 year cycle we have higher expectations though. If it was yearly, they would get away with the last few games but then it doesn't sell enough to compete with fifa and madden so it's a bit stuck.

As for devs, the guys in charge of the career and ultimate team mode never seemed bothered when it came to social media. Bit that they had to but i saw people give them great feedback on Twitter interactions and just get brushed off.

Career and ultimate need the most work as that's where the longevity lies for me but then that leaked survey from last year hinted there would be vampires and monsters w leaving towards the whacky. Geoff might have left for a good reason :)

Career mode has always been weak, unfortunately..Ultimate is never going to generate them the kind of revenues that they do with FIFA so I can see why they don't put the effort into it that it should get and I can see any additions to it just being monetary with different skins and crap for creating your own fighter.

Id say the best that can be hoped for is an improved career mode and then tweak some of the current gameplay as i really doubt they have developed everything from the ground up since 3. Id like to think Geoff just left because he got a job he couldn't turn down than he left because of the future of the game but who knows.

Sorry, no ufc update, just that Geoff's new job is with Santa Monica Studios, most likely working on God of War 2, HUGE opportunity for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sorry, no ufc update, just that Geoff's new job is with Santa Monica Studios, most likely working on God of War 2, HUGE opportunity for him.

Wow, congrats to him. Safe to say it’s well deserved anyway. Nice to see one of the good ones in the industry climbing the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Really wish we'd get a new Fight Night game, can't stand UFC's gameplay

So, one of the main game changers (team of players respected by the community hired by EA to give input on what everyone wants) was fired. Probably not a good sign.

https://twitter.com/kenetic_nrg/status/1250607241197019137?s=19

Axwell wrote: »

Awesome!

I wonder if it will be both this and next gen or solely next gen. I just hope they have a coach/manager/gym owner mode to make things a bit interesting. I think this is EA's last game on the contract so actually wouldn't be surprised to see it go more cartoony/arcadey to try get a bigger crowd.

Will be an interesting reveal!

Looks like Tyson Fury signed to an upcoming EA game with inside info pointing towards a playable character in UFC 4.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2020/06/06/tyson-fury-set-to-appear-in-a-new-ea-game-per-sources/#54da3af1420a

Lads! Register for the 'EA UFC Beta' here. Interesting it doesn't say 4. Wonder if it will be announced at the EA show Thursday.

Good man Geoff Harrower for posting about it.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-beta-registration

• Advertisement

Some rumours about 4 and a possible release date of August as leaked from a music artist who had their song in the game.

Finally, EA UFC 4 will be revealed at UFC 251 on 11th July.

New thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113786169

Advertisement