Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

air bnb as a landlord new regulations

• 12-08-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been renting a room in my house for over 90 days and just came to my attention  about the laws that there is penalties for this and need to seek permission from the Dublin county council etc.

Can anyone assist me in how I ask for planning permission or should I stop to rent out my place with air bnb.

Is there a work around? What is the penalty should I get ‘caught’

Should I be worried? I know the regulation just came about in july. Is it 90 days from july or  90 days from when and what must I do to continute doing as im doing

I have read some of the links but am confused by it

Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks ,

Steo

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you living in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

mkdon wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been renting a room in my house for over 90 days and just came to my attention  about the laws that there is penalties for this and need to seek permission from the Dublin county council etc.

I am indeed i

Can anyone assist me in how I ask for planning permission or should I stop to rent out my place with air bnb.

Is there a work around? What is the penalty should I get ‘caught’

Should I be worried? I know the regulation just came about in july. Is it 90 days from july or  90 days from when and what must I do to continute doing as im doing

I have read some of the links but am confused by it

Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks ,

Steo

I am indeed living in the house and rent 1 of the rooms air bnb

what is regulation there ? it's not entire house

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I am indeed living in the house and rent 1 of the rooms air bnb

what is regulation there ? it's not entire house

You aren't impacted

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

L1011 wrote: »
    You aren't impacted

is it only if renting entire house ?
    where does it say this in the small print can you forward me the a link that verifies

thanks for your response by the way

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is it only if renting entire house ?
    where does it say this in the small print can you forward me the a link that verifies

thanks for your response by the way

You need to satis FYI yourself that you are within the regulations. Not asking someone else to clarify the small print.

All the details are on DCC website.
    Where a house or apartment is a person's principal private residence, they will be permitted to rent out a room (or rooms) within their home for short-term letting without restriction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

Generally the law only restricts the short-term letting of your entire PPR to 90 days per year or less, and prohibits any short-term letting of the entire residence if it is not your PPR, unless you obtain a change-of-use planning permission (or already have the required permission). Short-term letting of individual rooms in your PPR is still allowed without any time restrictions and without needing planning permission.

Advertisement