Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Quackster wrote: »
    As you say, stock up now!

Yes and with the Guinness cans now the same physical size as normal 500ml cans it's much easier to stack them with other cans when building a wall of beer, no need to have single rows of Guinness crates in your stockpile, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Which offie in Waterford?

Reddys in Ballybricken

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not sure if the use of spend & save vouchers will be no more as they don't seem to be covered in the legislation but multi-bottle wine offers like six for €40 or €50 will definitely be banned from 11th January next.

I also did not think the 10 off 50 vouchers were included but its a bit vague, it could be a "similar benefit"
    the award, whether directly or indirectly, of bonus points, loyalty card points, or any similar benefit,
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/4/made/en/print

They can certainly still have deals, like a pick & mix of 6 bottles for €40, as long as those bottles are not available for sale individually. There could be other ways around it, like if the bottle was the same wine but a different barcode is it legally a different bottle? They could overlabel bottles themselves to do this -though it would look bad in the press.

Guinness are allowed to list their alcohol as 4.1% even if its the regular 4.2% (as there is an allowable tolerance), so that would be a different product.

Discounted prices must last for 3+ days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭cadaliac

ablelocks wrote: »
    heineken 8 x 500ml cans €10 in Aldi

Picked up a pack today. Excellent value compared to €14 usually in SV.
    Actually, slabs of beer out in SV;
    Heineken €28
    Guinness €28
    Carlsberg €25

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

So people expect that there will be better deals next week before BHW.

Especially looking at Guinness cans preferably 500 ml

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    I also did not think the 10 off 50 vouchers were included but its a bit vague, it could be a "similar benefit"

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/4/made/en/print

They can certainly still have deals, like a pick & mix of 6 bottles for €40, as long as those bottles are not available for sale individually. There could be other ways around it, like if the bottle was the same wine but a different barcode is it legally a different bottle? They could overlabel bottles themselves to do this -though it would look bad in the press.

Guinness are allowed to list their alcohol as 4.1% even if its the regular 4.2% (as there is an allowable tolerance), so that would be a different product.

Discounted prices must last for 3+ days.
    Yeah, there are definitely legal workarounds but I don't think the major supermarkets will do anything that goes against the spirit of the legislation for fear of the bad press.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

cadaliac wrote: »
    Picked up a pack today. Excellent value compared to €14 usually in SV.
    Actually, slabs of beer out in SV;
    Heineken €28
    Guinness €28
    Carlsberg €25

Are the slabs currently these prices in SuperValu ? Can't see it on their website. Presume (hope!) the Guinness cans are 500ml too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seve OB wrote: »
    i've found the more you spend with them...... they don't bother to send you any of these vouchers.

I spend a lot less nowadays in Tesco and 2 days ago got 6 vouchers in the post, each for €12 off a €60 shop, one a week for the next 6 weeks.
    Will use for booze only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

12 cans of carlsberg €15 in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Tesco today - 8 pack of Hop House 13 tins for €6!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

ablelocks wrote: »
    12 cans of carlsberg €15 in Aldi

8 for €10 in Lidl.. Coors lights also

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Dunnes.. 1 litre captain Morgan now €23

cathalj wrote: »
    Are the slabs currently these prices in SuperValu ? Can't see it on their website. Presume (hope!) the Guinness cans are 500ml too ?

Yea, in there today, I didn’t examine the Ml of the Guinness cans, sorry, assuming are 500ml each

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Tanqueray 10 in Dunnes reduced to ~€40.

Good price for a good gin with a voucher, not so much without.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Not sure if already mentioned but 4x660ml bottles of Peroni in tesco for a tenner.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

NCS wrote: »
    Tanqueray 10 in Dunnes reduced to ~€40.

Good price for a good gin with a voucher, not so much without.
    Method & Madness gin is €35 in Dunnes at the moment which is an excellent price, especially if you have a voucher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

Method & Madness gin is €35 in Dunnes at the moment which is an excellent price, especially if you have a voucher too.

Good price, time to give it a try i think.

Hendricks and Gunpowder €35 in tesco. I picked up the last Gunpowder in Bettystown earlier.
    Baileys was €13 i think, cheapest iv seen it in a while but not on the website so mightnt be store wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

i see Lidl are planning a bank holiday special ( from 22 0ct ) Bud/Carling slabs 25e each

go4it wrote: »
    i see Lidl are planning a bank holiday special ( from 22 0ct ) Bud/Carling slabs 25e each

Already in SV at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Smirnoff vodka 1L €23 in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

cathalj wrote: »

Guinness not on offer in my SV, only offer on Guinness they had was 4 for €8. I didn’t see any slabs on offer, maybe store specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

amber2 wrote: »
    Guinness not on offer in my SV, only offer on Guinness they had was 4 for €8. I didn’t see any slabs on offer, maybe store specific.

They have them in Killiney and cans are 470ml

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Aldi have 18x 500ml cans of Hop House for 26.59.
    Burp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

go4it wrote: »
    carlberg already there for 25

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

amber2 wrote: »

Saw them in SV Finglas this evening. They had a full pallet of them. €28 and they are the 470ml cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Aldi have 18x 500ml cans of Hop House for 26.59.
    Burp!

Cheaper in Tesco at €6 for 8 500ml cans! Thats €18 for 24 cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey vicwatson,

Ur inbox is full.

The Smirnoff IL @ €23. I saw in the store today. Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fin12 wrote: »
    Hey vicwatson,

Ur inbox is full.

The Smirnoff IL @ €23. I saw in the store today. Dunnes.

All good now

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

How do people feel about buying alcohol only in the supermarket trolley, this afternoon only for the mask I was feeling like Fred West going through B&Q with patio slabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Cheaper in Tesco at €6 for 8 500ml cans! Thats €18 for 24 cans!

Which tesco?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement