Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

People who store thousands of plastic shopping bags in that funny press under the sink because they can’t be thrown out because you’ve paid 30 cent for one. And I do it myself!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    People who store thousands of plastic shopping bags in that funny press under the sink because they can’t be thrown out because you’ve paid 30 cent for one. And I do it myself!

I use them to light the fire when I forget firelighters. Does the job in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

SafeSurfer wrote: »

That was a thing before you even had to pay for them. You wouldn't waste a free bag!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Soccer fans mostly men, who talk incessantly about "their" team and engage in tedious banter among themselves about rival teams etc.

People, mostly women who talk about celebrities as if they're on first name terms with them and talk incessantly about weddings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

When people get a pet, particularly a dog, and don't treat it like part of the family, keeping it outside all the time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When people get a pet, particularly a dog, and don't treat it like part of the family, keeping it outside all the time too.

Dogs originated as wild animals. Some prefer to be outside if they have been rared that way, they don't feel like they are being mistreated. I'd rather someone treated a dog in a consistent manner (and of course shelter and food) even if outside than a large breed energetic dog being kept indoors where they feel stifled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭pgj2015

people who let dogs and cats sleep in their beds. disgusting. i love dogs and cats btw but they shouldn't be allowed in beds meant for people.

People who think dogs need to be treated as part of the family instead of the pet or working animal they are, destined to expire in 10-ish years. A great pet, a good working breed, not a family member.

‘Mans best friend’ is really only proclaimed by the same people who are incapable of being good friends to other humans, or who think a dog is on equal or better footing than their family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Anyone who says Hon instead of go on.
    Anyone who has spin Fm on
    Anyone who says let's be havin ya
    Any religious practice
    People who hunt with a gun and brag about it, go away and kill that deer or duck with your hands, then I'll be impressed a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

JayZeus wrote: »
    People who think dogs need to be treated as part of the family instead of the pet or working animal they are, destined to expire in 10-ish years. A great pet, a good working breed, not a family member.

‘Mans best friend’ is really only proclaimed by the same people who are incapable of being good friends to other humans, or who think a dog is on equal or better footing than their family members.

Ha ha ha incapable of being good friends to other humans. You sound fun!
    People who pontificate.
    Amateur psychologists.
    People who use expire instead of die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anybody who uses the word plonk when speaking to me in real life is going on some sort of a list.

In order to see the full list of wines, would they have to ask the waiter for the ‘plonker list’?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Parents who post stuff about how awful the Catholic Church is and then make their children do baptism, communions and confirmations. Thinking of a politician in particular who campaigned for repeal but put her daughter through confirmation recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

"Atheists" that ****e all over Christianity but wet themselves over Islam.

Actually Atheists in general, it's a new religion - they don't even see it.

Athiests don't believe in a god, how is that a new religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m an equal opportunity guy. I **** over all religions.
    Also conspiracy theorists. A bunch of morons who think they’re the smartest people on this flat earth.

parents who regularly feed their young kids fast food, buy them phones, laptops, tablets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

pgj2015 wrote: »
    people who let dogs and cats sleep in their beds. disgusting. i love dogs and cats btw but they shouldn't be allowed in beds meant for people.

I skim-read this as "people who let dogs cats and sheep in their beds". :confused:

Athiests don't believe in a god, how is that a new religion?

To be fair, some atheists do exude religious-like levels of zeal and intolerance, but this atheist has no time for them, nor I expect do many other atheists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

People who are disgusted by inconsequential things like this. If it doesn't effect you, why bother being disgusted about it.

Atheists aren't a hive mind - there is in fact only one opinion on which they can be counted on to agree, so no, atheism isn't a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭carter10

People who finish a road race and run/warm down back down the road saying, "well done, keep it going" to us plodders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Why exactly would this make you lose respect for someone??

Strange. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone with that stupid d4/mid-atlantic accent.

You're from ireland, stop talking like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,631 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who dress up dogs in unnecessary little coats and hats, have birthday parties and fake weddings for them. People who keep them as an accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

The sort of posturing humourless tosser who 'acts hard', the whole thing usually is an act as well, the vast majority of blokes at the business end of that stuff, elite servicemen, martial artists, boxers etc are usually affable and socially skilled individuals.

people who are easily led, examples all the people who bought gareth brooks tickets a few years back because "everyone else" was. people who voted for michael d and yes in the abortion referendum because the media were pushing it. the amount of people who said to me that michael d was doing a great job, when asked to explain why this was so, they couldnt give an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

people who are easily led, examples all the people who bought gareth brooks tickets a few years back because "everyone else" was. people who voted for michael d and yes in the abortion referendum because the media were pushing it. the amount of people who said to me that michael d was doing a great job, when asked to explain why this was so, they couldnt give an answer.

And people who believe the likes of Trump,Farage, Johnson, JRM when they say that they are the ones with the best interests of the common person at heart and everyone else is a member of the elite........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People who gossip.
    Those who get a kick out of knowing something about others especially if it is a situation where the person themself is unaware of something going on.
    People who take pleasure seeing things go wrong for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

storker wrote: »
    To be fair, some atheists do exude religious-like levels of zeal and intolerance, but this atheist has no time for them, nor I expect do many other atheists.

Some people are just arseholes - their religious beliefs or lack thereof are usually unrelated to that fact!

And Hector - use your head for god sake (No pun intended:D )

If they "shíte all over Christianity, but wet themselves over Islam" - they're a muslim, not an atheist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

People who don't put manners on their kids/pets.

This one must have been mentioned before but anyone who does not pick up their dog's sh*t. No one else wants it, put it in a f*ckin bag and bring it home.

Advertisement