Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he's a protest vote but no one of quality has taken up his constituency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mgn wrote: »
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Hard to say. He is now relegated to Peter Who but it is the Harkin seat he will be after. That said his policies look less contentious than the Presidency carry-on.

Cant see Ming getting a big vote this time around people have copped on to him,He has done absolutely nothing since he got in.

Can you back up that claim. Not quite sure you've done your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Surely he;d be better off going to a Dail seat? Not that many travelers in Europe so what exactly does he hope to achieve there?

EDIT - with him on the single use plastics, but again - is that as much of an issue for Europe? Most western European countries already recycle more than Ireland does.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What claim? You've nested all manner of stuff in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Comes across as bit of a grifter and opportunist.

A politician then?

• Advertisement

What claim? You've nested all manner of stuff in there?

The claim he's done absolutely nothing.

Who are we talking about?
    EDIT: If you mean Ming, I didn't say it , that was mgn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm not quite sure he gets the asylum process judging from his comments

Brexit and leaving the Euro will not be popular. Banning certain plastics is a good idea but I doubt it will gel with the people who support his other policies

Who are we talking about?
    EDIT: If you mean Ming, I didn't say it , that was mgn.

Apologises. I had realise my confusion.

He seems to think Brexit will be like Y2K and will not be the disaster for us that is predicted. He seems to be basing this on a feeling in his water, like most of his 'policies'.

Great start Peter. :rolleyes:

Ah, Francie, it’s been too long. I hope you brought biscuits this time?

Ps: don’t tell anyone but I won’t be voting (or betting on) PC this time ;)

• Advertisement

Apologises. I had realise my confusion.
    No worries. One reason I don't do multi-quotes!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What are the main things Ming has achieved as an MEP?

His voting rate of just 16 percent in European Parliament plenary sessions is abysmal. The average across MEPs is about 75 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

His voting rate of just 16 percent in European Parliament plenary sessions is abysmal. The average across MEPs is about 75 percent.

He was tweeting recently that he has attended 94 out of 95 meetings of a particular committee which he is involved with over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

A separate thread for every candidate in the European elections? Even no-hopers like Casey?

Should be fun alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

dav3 wrote:
    A separate thread for every candidate in the European elections? Even no-hopers like Casey?

Shinners assemble. He beat the SF candidate in the Prez election. What was his percentage vote again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

He was tweeting recently that he has attended 94 out of 95 meetings of a particular committee which he is involved with over there.

Yes, that's the Agriculture Committee. He's clearly trying to keep the farmers on his side, despite his fairly abysmal participation record overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,813 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

dav3 wrote: »

Should be fun alright.

I am sure Peter is planning to say something controversial to get the masses riled up. I'll put a bet on now that it will relate to immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I can because he's not in europe half the time only out jogging around Castlerea.In fact i passed through Castlerea this morning around 10.30 and seen him jogging into town.Is he not supposed to be working this is only Thursday by the way.

Hard to vote on anything when he spends most of his time jogging around Castlerea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

This is a real election this time, not the handy fixed setup of the presidential one.

He'll get into a bit more bother this time, he was lucky before.

• Advertisement

I am sure Peter is planning to say something controversial to get the masses riled up. I'll put a bet on now that it will relate to immigration.

About time someone did.

This is a real election this time, not the handy fixed setup of the presidential one.

He'll get into a bit more bother this time, he was lucky before.

Well, a little bit more real. Still a bit of a personality contest but a lot of real politicians in each race.

About time someone did.

Having made his millions and millions as one, i am sure he will be an understanding expert on the subject.

Having made his millions and millions as one, i am sure he will be an understanding expert on the subject.

And i admire anyone that made millions through hard work.

The poster claimed he had done nothing, but that clearly isn't case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Just fact checked that for you because it didn't sound right. He has a voting attendance record of 95.44%, the second highest among Irish MEPs.

You pulled that 16% figure from a 2014 report, when apparently, his wife was ill in his first few months in Europe.

https://www.votewatch.eu/en/term8-luke-ming-flanagan-2.html

*No affiliation to Ming

And i admire anyone that made millions through hard work.

As do I - hard work that is.

Making millions would not be a neccesary qualification to make a good politician for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The poster claimed he had done nothing, but that clearly isn't case.

Why let the truth get in the way of a baseless claim. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Casey obviously has no respect for the people of Ireland. This is another ego boost. The man should f*** off back to 'merica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,453 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As do I - hard work that is.

Making millions would not be a neccesary qualification to make a good politician for me though.

He might only take half the wage Francine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement