Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I just don't give a ****. Does anyone else just not give a ****?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Extinction rebellion?? Anyone? Nope, don't give a **** about those lads either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I admit that I’ve disengaged a bit from worrying about society at large. I just don’t have the headspace for it. It’s too overwhelming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Gerry G wrote: »
    Climate change? Don't give a ****
    50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
    Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
    Brexit? Don't give a ****
    Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.
    Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

Give up the fapping for a couple of weeks. See if you care then ! Might refocus you a bit.....

Give up the fapping for a couple of weeks. See if you care then ! Might refocus you a bit.....

It's the greatest destreesor of them all =)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nope, I understand just fine and still don't care

I feel sorry for people like you. And even more so for the people around you, family, friends. People who want to see you in a positive light. Perhaps you have family who have kids. Would you tell them and their kids that you don't give a toss about them and their future? You probably won't, unless its a tongue in cheek comment down the pub in-between comments around how important it is for [insert whatever football team you support here] to get 3 points on Sunday.

Its cowardly and weak minded to say you don't give a toss about anything. Have you every given anything beyond social requirements to anyone in life outside of family? You probably have an excuse for not giving to charity or not giving money to homeless people on the street. But the excuses have run thin so now you are just throwing out blanket "I just don't care" excuses.

I'm not judging though OP. You can exercise free will, yay.

I used to work with a guy, shrewd business man, sat the same attitude as you. He developed cancer later in life and thankfully survived. It changed him. Not the cancer bit, but the fact that so many people in his life rallied around him to show him support, showed that even though he was an asshole, people still cared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

Lady doth protest too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

faceman wrote: »
    I feel sorry for people like you. And even more so for the people around you, family, friends. People who want to see you in a positive light. Perhaps you have family who have kids. Would you tell them and their kids that you don't give a toss about them and their future? You probably won't, unless its a tongue in cheek comment down the pub in-between comments around how important it is for [insert whatever football team you support here] to get 3 points on Sunday.

Its cowardly and weak minded to say you don't give a toss about anything. Have you every given anything beyond social requirements to anyone in life outside of family? You probably have an excuse for not giving to charity or not giving money to homeless people on the street. But the excuses have run thin so now you are just throwing out blanket "I just don't care" excuses.

I used to work with a guy, shrewd business man, sat the same attitude as you. He developed cancer later in life and thankfully survived. It changed him. Not the cancer bit, but the fact that so many people in his life rallied around him to show him support, showed that even though he was an asshole, people still cared.

Your post completely depends on whether OP is an asshole to those around him. Can you not just accept there are some people who couldn’t care less for society wide issues? Doesn’t mean they are bad people at all, they just have priorities and crying over every injustice in the world isn’t part of them

I love my extended family and kids, but do I care what happens the world or the climate when I’m gone? Nope because I’ll be dead and unable to feel or think. Do I care about the war in x and y? Nope, because it won’t pay the bills on my shoulders or help my grandfather survive another 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

As a family do what we can for climate and biodiversity but we have real lives to live right now. It’s important to me to spend as much family time as possible and that is where the majority of my focus is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Excuse me Mr. Moderator but just to point out that you are being a dick. That is against the rules, kindly refrain from doing so again if you can. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Was just thinking of that song as I read the thread title there weird kismet or what. 25 years since their last record :eek:

Don’t try and tell me they still exist. I care, why wouldn’t you care it’s the height of ignorance. Packet of baccy is high enough as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play to you OP. Well done.

Though I must say you sound awfully boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Guy Person wrote: »
    Excuse me Mr. Moderator but just to point out that you are being a dick. That is against the rules, kindly refrain from doing so again if you can. Thank you.

Mod

If you have an issue with a post/poster, please use the report function, do not call out on thread.

Thanks.

I'm finding hard to find a point to your rant Mod. I am extremely caring to all my family and friends because they are what's important to me. No, I never give to a homeless person because I know they are going to drink it, snort it or inject. Now of course you'll tell me I'm wrong but everyone else knows I'm right. If I give something to them they'll just be waiting there for more the next day. You can't try to make me feel bad about it but guess what?? Yep, I don't give a ****

Arghus wrote: »
    Fair play to you OP. Well done.

Though I must say you sound awfully boring.

Maybe I am but I'm not gonna make stuff up or talk about topical things I don't care about just to make me sound less of a bore. I'll leave that to the rest of the current crop of worriers and moaners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
    Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Privileged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
    Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.

And not a hint of irony.

You make good points but I simply can't bring myself to care about them I'm afraid, maybe that makes me a horrible person but need I say it again? I simply don't care.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Privileged.

Rhinoceros.

Are we playing a game in which we just say random words for no reason? I like it!

• Advertisement

Skittle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Giraffe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I for one can understand where Gerry G is coming from.
    Too much **** going on that individually we can do nothing about. 3 cheers for Gerry g

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

cjmc wrote: »
    Too much **** going on that individually we can do nothing about. 3 cheers for Gerry g

Most of us worry about what immediately affects us, and a couple of things that are close to our own views. Starting a thread about it though, and repeating how much you don't care on the other hand ...... Yeah, not many of us do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Simms

I 3 cheers for Gerry g

Hip...... ah can't be arsed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Was just thinking the same myself. There was a time a few years back I would have been hooked to the budget and reading all the analysis etc. Took life more serious then. It completely passed me by today and I couldn't give two ****s.

Automobile

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Privileged.
    Rhinoceros.
    Skittle
    Giraffe
    Automobile

Should the next word be banned? :pac:

There are plenty of word games in Puzzles & Games, go there is you want to continue.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=504

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Advertisement