Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Frazer has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know, if it’s confidential?

The Independent Commission for the Location of Victims' Remains (ICLVR) is established by a treaty between the British and Irish governments. The commission's purpose is to obtain information that may lead to where the remains of the Disappeared are buried. Information given to the commission is strictly confidential and is not passed to other agencies or used in prosecutions.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-24812052

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Odhinn wrote: »

I'd say they'll be raging you had a valid answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

One loon less.

Wonder what he died of? He was only 58.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They'll be breathing a sigh of relief in The Ivory Coast tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭Odhinn

NIMAN wrote: »
    One loon less.

Wonder what he died of? He was only 58.

Cancer. I take no pleasure in the manner of his death nor wish that he suffered in any fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'd say they'll be raging you had a valid answer :D

Apoplectic with indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Anyone else think he was a boxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Allinall

I wouldn't be surprised if holding onto so much hatred contributed to it. It can not be healthy.

If that was the case, half the posters on this thread wouldn’t be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    northern-ireland-assembly-elections-november-2003-sinn-fein-pres.jpg

Classlessness, moronic, and tasteless in the extreme :rolleyes:
    What a Wally boxing fan, honestly what a stupid post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sounds like he suffered a lot, that turns many people strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Whataboutery at it's finest. This thread is about Willie Frazer. You can be sure Adams will be getting plenty of abuse when he passes by the same types defending Frazer.

And the people giving out about Frazer for his beliefs will jump to the defence of Adams. Its like some sort of mentally challenged swings and roundabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Willie obviously had mental issues related to the troubles but he always said straight out what was on his mind, I always got a great laugh off his facebook rants, for humour alone he will be sadly missed.
    What is so great about saying what's on your mind if it's hate filled? Bizarrely contrarian.
    David Ervine was the biggest loss to the working class Protestant people of Northern Ireland

Had he been still alive things would be very different today

This head case dragged his community backwards
    Ervine was once a loyalist paramilitary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48705602

Couldn't stand the guys politics and thought he often poisened the debate the NI, founding extremist groups like the protestant coalition, but he was a victim of the troubles and clearly his views were affected by his father's murder and I don't wish his family any ill will. RIP.

I would like to think I'm bigger than him, so I will just post here to say R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whatever he was in life, let him be in death.

• Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

His death reminded me of Loyalists Against Democracy (LAD) on fb and twitter, they were hilarious winding him up and posting his inane ramblings. Wonder why they stopped posting anything in the last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

retalivity wrote: »
    His death reminded me of Loyalists Against Democracy (LAD) on fb and twitter, they were hilarious winding him up and posting his inane ramblings. Wonder why they stopped posting anything in the last year...

LAD are still going strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Shame he'll never get to live in a United Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sky Blue 20

Strange that the Repulicans show no class on the death of a person. Infact it's not strange at all.
    When the sainted Martin died he was plauded by Unionists even though he was a mass murderer.
    Class can't be bought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

He indulged an intersting fact once in an interview with Pat Kenny.

He played Gaelic football for a year as a teen. He said it was a great game.

Billy Wright was another orange supremacist who played club football up to minor level in south Armagh.
    Think they both played for Whitecross (open to correction)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Strange that the Repulicans show no class on the death of a person. Infact it's not strange at all.
    When the sainted Martin died he was plauded by Unionists even though he was a mass murderer.
    Class can't be bought.

No class at all, but there does seem to be quite a few hard-line Republicans on here, more than one would expect given their minority view.

When Adams dies many thousands North & South would be sorely tempted to rejoice, but hopefully most of us won't, even though he's a nasty piece of work to most of us (outside Republican circles).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Class can't be bought.

That is some load of horse ****e. He got the usual PR spiel from official loyalism and the same as Frazer is getting from regular loyalists on the street.

Class can't be bought.
    Throwing missiles and screaming abuse at small children walking to school is the kind of classiness to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

but he was a victim of the troubles and clearly his views were affected by his father's murder

I'm sorry for his family and I'm not entirely incognizant of the ways in which people come through these things but plenty of other people were victims without ending up as poisonous bigots.

I'll save my wishes for people like Hume and Cooper. People who retained their humanity and reason even in the inferno of Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Class can't be bought.
    I’ve seen plenty of Republicans on social media use compassionate language and condemn those mocking Frazer’s death. It’s petty and juvenile, although let’s not pretend Frazer didn’t operate at the same level.

No class at all, but there does seem to be quite a few hard-line Republicans on here, more than one would expect given their minority view.

When Adams dies many thousands North & South would be sorely tempted to rejoice, but hopefully most of us won't, even though he's a nasty piece of work to most of us (outside Republican circles).
    People of republican/nationalist/Irish Catholic backgrounds are forgiving of David Ervine despite his being involved with loyalist paramilitarism. Strange that...

I am not going to go dancing on Frazer's grave but I'm certainly not going to resort to the bizarre attempts to find good in him like on this thread just because he died.

There are republicans (or maybe they're not republicans) being crass here - but also those who are being very respectful (more than necessary imo). That person stirring sh1t of course doesn't acknowledge them. And there were obviously unionists and loyalists "good riddancing" McGuinness. Again though, gotta leave those out of the agenda.

And of course there will be jeering when Adams dies, ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Class can't be bought.
    BS when Seamus McGrane died recently loyalists were salivating online even Rangers fans in Scotland spewing bile....

And it was even worse when Martin McElkerney killed himself in May. It was like Christmas in PUL circles. Its actually a very regular thing from PUL community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

As Jake O'Kane once described him: "A haircut from the 1960s and a brain from the 1690s"

He will be missed.

• Advertisement

BS when Seamus McGrane died recently loyalists were salivating online even Rangers fans in Scotland spewing bile....

And it was even worse when Martin McElkerney killed himself in May. It was like Christmas in PUL circles. Its actually a very regular thing from PUL community.
    I'd bet republicans/nationalists are the more forgiving.
    He will be missed.
    By fellow hardline loyalists indeed.

Advertisement