Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Well. Guess who's going on the list?!!... :)

Nooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

That beautiful morning. If you haven't been out yet, go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That beautiful morning. If you haven't been out yet, go.

It really is a wonderful time of the year.
    Birds in full song. Flowers starting to bloom. The trees getting green again.
    A little heat in the air.

And people coming out of their winter hibernation. Great to see people out and about that you have not seen in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

It's such a beautiful day out!

It really is a wonderful time of the year.
    Birds in full song. Flowers starting to bloom. The trees getting green again.
    A little heat in the air.

And people coming out of their winter hibernation. Great to see people out and about that you have not seen in months.
    erica74 wrote: »
    It's such a beautiful day out!

The birds are singing, bees buzzing, flowers cheery and the sun is shining off the lake beside us. People are smiling and there's an aura of good humour in people this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it :cool:

Lol at this. Are you any good at opening Bottles of Venos Cough Syrup?!? :o:o But more's the point, how or why do you know the age of your Nextdoor Neighbour?!? Oh and are they goodlooking?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bedsheets drying on the line :)

The birds are singing, bees buzzing, flowers cheery and the sun is shining off the lake beside us. People are smiling and there's an aura of good humour in people this morning.

Well I am feeling so summery! I have on a dress and a pair of sandals. This time last week I was wearing tights and boots! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you advertise something for sale and someone contacts you and actually shows up at the arranged time,buys it with no haggling or bulls*it,a normal person in other words.

I got a Thread named after me!!! How awesome is that!! :D:D And a bit mortifying and eh slightly un-hinged :D:o:o but has made me all happy for the day now! :) :cool:

• Advertisement

2 Birds are after landing on the ground outside my house here. They look like 2 small Ducks! And next thing I looked a lil Robin had stopped in as well! :) It's really cute to watch the 3 of them walking scuttling?!? around the place.. :) It's giving me notions about setting up a Bird-table of some sort.

When you add someone to your ignore list on the touch site they literally disappear. Very TH, very very TH:cool: :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wilton mint crisps, so good!

erica74 wrote: »
    When you add someone to your ignore list

Hmmmm........

#Paranoid

:pac: :D

Wilton mint crisps, so good!

Hmmmm........

#Paranoid

:pac: :D

Nothing to worry about man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That it's only a week to Easter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

That my child gave me 2 McDonald's chips...and they've stayed down...mother of jaysus.. rough 24 hours :)

branie2 wrote: »
    That it's only a week to Easter

Oh so true. I have a fierce hankering for a bar of chocolate.

The view from the window right now; pale blue sky wisped by clouds that are tinged with purple. Very still and duck are wheeling towards the lake. The fields are greening and there's the slightest hint of bud from the trees. I wish you all could see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

The new Peter Rabbit film.....brought the chicks today....was a funny film...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A McFlurry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

ARMS on the Switch had me hooked today.

• Advertisement

ARMS on the Switch had me hooked today.

I had to google to find out what that meant. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This beautiful version of stand by me by Florence and the machine which was in Final Fantasy XV, very apt for that game.

• The 3-year-old was marshalling the 1-year-old into her latest role play this morning at about 8am in the kitchen. She "phoned" him and he was supposed to be the doctor and come to help her. He waddled over to her in his usual giggle-filled persona and she hands him, in complete seriousness, a stethoscope giving him a wide array of instructions on what he should do with it as the doctor.

He giggles, and fascinated by this new thing he does what he does with every single new thing, and starts eating it (in this case, the two rubber earpieces) She goes into overdrive in the despairing bossy sister role - she's a born teacher! - and tells him he's ruining her game and storms off. He waddles after her with his two little hands out wanting to hug her as she runs away from him but he keeps waddling with his arms in front of him, giggling in between the energy he's using to follow her. She finally succumbs to him, and they have a brilliant barróg together. She's his hero, but 3-year-old girls are tough!
    He adores his food, and would currently win an All-Ireland eater competition for 3-year-olds. This evening I called out from the kitchen to everybody 'Tá bhur ndinnéar ullmhaithe!' and he dropped everything and waddled ar nós na gaoithe to the kitchen before everybody else, arriving with a brilliant dimple-filled smile to book his place! Overcoming his enormous teething pain, he always manages this amazing positivity and resilience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happiness is a sunny Sunday after a long . cold winter and it was enjoyed and used to the full here..

YAY!

Even ate my hot dinner outside avidly watched by dog and cats in case i dropped some,, the way their eyes followed every morsel ... Delicious cabbage and ham dinner courtesy of dunne's ..

Sat out in the sun watching the blue rippling of the ocean... did some light gardening and tidying up, pottering and puttering

Cleared space for the Easter Garden

Set seeds in small pots.. the daffs are a rich golden glory.

Watched dog interplay with cats...

Blissfully relaxing day .

May there be many many more such

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AAAAAAAAAAND! Just gets better and better... Was tidying the kitchen while the water heated for coffee and found in date seeds in a big bag I thought was lost in the move.....YAY! Several packets, mostly perennial flowers which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I don't think there is a more euphoric song than Dancing Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

2 weeks with no school so now I am being super productive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My family, they are pretty awesome. They makes me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Listening to the CHOONS on Play FM and Klub FM every morning on the way to work :pac:

• Advertisement

An unexpected royalties cheque in the post. Something from years back was added to the reading list for a college course in the UK, apparently.
    I love pleasant surprises in the post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement