Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling bargains from AliExpress & other Chinese websites

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

1bryan wrote: »
    that explains it then. Must have been that dream I had about a latex woman...... :D

Well for you sleeping in work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just ordered a Raccmer winter jersey there, partly because I was cold out on a spin yesterday, partly to save a good thread from a guy who ruined it because he likes gimps. Will update it when it arrives with sizing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just ordered a Raccmer winter jersey there, partly because I was cold out on a spin yesterday, partly to save a good thread from a guy who ruined it because he likes gimps. Will update it when it arrives with sizing etc.

Will await an update, what store did you buy from?
    Absolutely love the jersey I got that was linked ealier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Did the same, ordered Racmmer winter jersey and bib shorts last week.
    Was sent last Friday so will report back with some photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

good man.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Will await an update, what store did you buy from?
    Absolutely love the jersey I got that was linked ealier in the thread.
    Got it from the Raccmer Official Store on AliExpress

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Did the same, ordered Racmmer winter jersey and bib shorts last week.
    Was sent last Friday so will report back with some photos!

Got my order today! Very impressed with the jersey got a Medium as I'm generally a small, nice and warm!

The fingerless gloves and really good too just slide on no strapping!

The winter bib shorts I'm not so sure about the look, very shiny looking black material when on. But very warm and supportive. I got a Large and it fits grand ( 5ft10 and 69kg ).

Overall impressed for the €€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Got my order today! Very impressed with the jersey got a Medium as I'm generally a small, nice and warm!

The winter bib shorts I'm not so sure about the look, very shiny looking black material when on. But very warm and supportive. I got a Large and it fits grand ( 5ft10 and 69kg ).

How long did it take from them to ship? I ordered Friday and nothing from them since.

statto25 wrote: »

How long did it take from them to ship? I ordered Friday and nothing from them since.

Took the full processing time 7 days maybe?! Then arrived fairly quickly once it shipped.

Took the full processing time 7 days maybe?! Then arrived fairly quickly once it shipped.

Found out why.....they changed the sizing of the jersey I ordered. They messaged me directly to confirm the size

• Advertisement

Raccmer Official Store seem to have had huge price increases (more or less double) over the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ive noticed this with other stores over the last few years in the run up to the 11.11 sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Got it from the Raccmer Official Store on AliExpress

Got nice delivery today....Long Sleeve Fleece Jersey (my 2nd one now), Gilet, Rain Jacket & Shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Was thinking of getting the long sleeve one any pics? Noticed a price increase alright tho

I'm sorry I didnt buy more now that the prices have gone up. I might chance the Cheji stuff if the Raccamer fits well

Racmmers "half price" sale back on now again so back to normal prices from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I've purchased a winter jersey and bib pants from Reccamer for 19e each last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Alek wrote: »
    I've purchased a winter jersey and bib pants from Reccamer for 19e each last night....

Would they be any better than the winter jersey that aldi have this week?.
    Was going to purchase them myself but only bought the raccamer bib shorts until i check out the aldi jersey

Went for bib shorts + long bib and a winter Jersey myself & a multi tool I'll post up pics when I get them

Mine still hasn't dispatched a week later. If it doesn't go tonight the order will be cancelled automatically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭NBar

Mine still hasn't dispatched a week later. If it doesn't go tonight the order will be cancelled automatically

if you really want it you can extend the processing time yourself for a few more days

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Just looked at my recent delivery... Ordered 29/08/17 Despatched 07/09/17 Delivered 25/09/17

Long delivery times are a pain but worth it imo

NBar wrote: »
    if you really want it you can extend the processing time yourself for a few more days

Ya I'm going to do that as I'm interested in trying them for size. I know the pitfalls of ordering from China so I shouldn't be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Would they be any better than the winter jersey that aldi have this week?

No idea. But the design certainly looks better to me :D

Anyone get any soft shell jackets off Ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Purchased a few pieces a couple of months ago and no complaints. Can't complain about the quality for the money and comfortable on, took about a month from order to delivery which is the only downside really. Normally a size large so went XL although the Cheji jersey is really snug so could afford to go 2 sizes up (think I'll work my way down to that one), herself would normally be a size 8/10 and the medium Cheji would also be a snug fit on Miss ALM.

Got these - here, here, here and https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xinzechen-Men-s-Cycling-Shorts-Breathable-Mesh-MTB-Bicycle-Bib-Shorts-4D-Gel-Padded-Mountain-Road/32824020541.html.

Looking at a few pieces now for the cooler months ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭MollsGap

Excellent prices compared to my local high street prices, as they say, it pays to shop around!

positron wrote: »
    I bought this light for the bike, it was delivered in 3 weeks or so and I have only taken it out once and on one charge, in flashing mode, it was still blinking after 5 hours.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-LED-Bicycle-Cycling-Tail-USB-Rechargeable-Red-Warning-Light-Bike-Rear-Safety-88373/32717032188.html

It's alright for €2 :)
    I just got this one too (rear light) - using it as the main light on my commuter. Build quality feels a bit flimsy (USB connection etc). but the light itself is great, especially the uneven flashing mode for morning, late afternoon this time of year when it's getting darker. We'll see how long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Any recommendations for brake/gear cables and housing from Aliexpress? I want to buy in bulk but it is hard to figure out what kind of quality you will receive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Any recommendations for brake/gear cables and housing from Aliexpress? I want to buy in bulk but it is hard to figure out what kind of quality you will receive.

Hard to see this price being beaten.

http://www.adverts.ie/11892239

Advertisement