Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭threetrees

I wonder if the trainers will be the key. They made a point of Abi saying they left an imprint on Nina or Seb. Then will Asha tell the police that Corey went all domesticated with a moonlight wash.

Yeah I'd imagine that and the voicemail on abi's phone will be the main evidence. I'd say Amy will speak up about the nice biscuits they had, thus confirming that Asha is not Corey's alibi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

threetrees wrote: »
    Yeah I'd imagine that and the voicemail on abi's phone will be the main evidence. I'd say Amy will speak up about the nice biscuits they had, thus confirming that Asha is not Corey's alibi.

I would have imagined thesedays that one of them recordrd the attack on their phone....for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Shelga

I'm really liking this storyline and it shows that Corrie is still capable of really good dramatic storylines. My only criticism is that it's all been so rushed, and would have been even more impactful if the preceding events had been spread out a bit more.

Recently we've had: Asha and Corrie together, they split up, she gets with Nina, they break up, Nina and Seb get together, Asha gets back with Corey just to feel like someone loves her, Corey murders Seb and attacks Nina in a brutal attack.

That has all happened in the last- 3-4 months? Would have been much better if it had been done over a year or so. I particularly would have liked to see Nina and Seb together for longer :( They seemed like a good match, but they got literally 2/3 weeks together??

• Corrie has had it next week this year so far, great story ah poor Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Asha has one more chance to drop the fake alibi and that's when she finds out about Seb.
    If she continues to defend him, especially since she has her own doubts about him, that's her written off as a redeemable character, she'll be as bad as the rest of the group covering for each other. I think Amy and Summer will be more likely to tell the truth on what they know, but both of them will have an incomplete timeframe of the who what where and when of the timestamp on Seb and Nina's phones.

Speaking of phones, it is possible that someone (most likely Kelly because she's ultimately a spineless jellyfish) recorded the attack and that this will play into later chapters of the story (or just get deleted by Corey or his rich daddy, and exist just to confirm to the audience who did what).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Asha will play the victim card because she’s scared of Corey and what he will do if she tells on him.
    She’ll eventually crack tough and tell the truth.

Kelly will probably get the blame originally tough but she’ll get off most of it when Corey confesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Shelga wrote:
    I particularly would have liked to see Nina and Seb together for longer They seemed like a good match, but they got literally 2/3 weeks together?

Just long enough to get pregnant????????, my latest prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shelga wrote:
    I particularly would have liked to see Nina and Seb together for longer They seemed like a good match, but they got literally 2/3 weeks together?

Just long enough to get pregnant????????, my latest prediction
    Could be yes. Nobody ever uses a rubber in the soaps. Corro is the worst for it.
    Nearly every fling or one-night-stand results in either a pregnacy or pregnancy-scare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I knew that man-bun would lead to no good. Poor Seb! I'll miss the little hobbit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watched last nite's. Was upset actually..didn't expect the poor crathur to die!
    I wonder if Abi has permant make up tattooed on. She seems to always have heavy eyeliner and mascara and lipstick on despite her commenting recently about rarely wearing it and no sign of her mascara running.
    I'm disgusted with Asha and raging with Kelly for hitting Nina in the first place.
    I read online that the investigation will have twists and turns turning friends and neighbours against each other and husbands against wives. Can see this dragging on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am very surprised Craigy has not shown up to investigate

Alina and Faye should be told their ex is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Ann22 wrote: »
    I read online that the investigation will have twists and turns turning friends and neighbours against each other and husbands against wives. Can see this dragging on.

Interesting. I predict that the scene where Toyah and Imran reacted differently to Kelly drinking and breaking curfew was a foreshadow to the two of them disagreeing with believing Kelly's account of events. Maybe Imran is reminded of when he said Kelly was nothing like her killer father and now he feels like he has to eat his words, or maybe Toyah, who knows more than most about the horrors of random brutal attacks on the vulnerable as well as seeing someone lose a son, writes off Kelly like we all rightfully have.

I hope Kevin and Abi don't fall out over this, Abi needs Kevin to use as a crutch and I don't think anyone wants to see another predictable drugs relapse drama.

There will be major infighting among the young cast. Corey, Kelly, the other lad and Asha, as well as Summer, Amy and probably Aadi.

There will inevitably be another bust-up between Asha and Dev/Aadi/Mary.
    Dev will also probably butt heads with Corey's father again.

Good old Roy will steadfastly be in Nina's corner as well as Carla or Shona, but I hope she doesn't get any grief from Abi or Emma or Eileen or Alina or Asha looking for someone to blame and note her being part of the reason Seb was anywhere near Scobe Central that evening.

I don't think Kelly deserves sympathy or redemption, she should face punishment

If Nina blames herself and her goth appearance for Seb's death maybe Abi also will blame her yet I think Corey's attack was more of his dislike of Nina than her goth appearance

Asha siding with Corey, lying for him will lose friends, Dev will lose customers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am very surprised Craigy has not shown up to investigate

AC 12 are onto him for communicating with his girlfriend in prison through somebody else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I had recently nearly lost all interest in Coronation Street as I just felt it had gone seriously downhill. There were no storylines that really interested me for a long time and I particularly hated the whole Leanne storyline and how it was dragged out, listening to her constant moaning and whining.

This week it got really good again. Wednesday night's episodes were very good and I found myself really looking forward to the next episodes on Friday for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Amy surely will tell the fceking truth that Asha was with her

I hope Corey's exit is not killed off, I want him to suffer in prison, same for Kelly, as all the villains seem to be killed off far too easy

I read the whole story will go on for a year

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Annasopra wrote: »
    I read the whole story will go on for a year

How :confused: Amy Asha and Summer all lying to cover for Corey, Eli and Kelly

I hope they don't ruin it by dumb stupid soap police investigation, inept cops etc., and a long time before all culprits caught and jailed, it would be good to show the police throughly investigating and bringing all the culprits to justice, not being bribed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If they try to make Kelly/Asha out to be innocently caught up in it or "victims" of Corey or start make other normally sane characters stand up for them it will tank the good storyline they have.

All 3 need to face the consequences of their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Kelly gets arrested next week along with Eli and some other fella and Corey gets off for now because he has an alibi also Abi blames Nina as it was an attack because she was Goth and she changes her appearance for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

pjohnson wrote: »
    If they try to make Kelly/Asha out to be innocently caught up in it or "victims" of Corey or start make other normally sane characters stand up for them it will tank the good storyline they have.

All 3 need to face the consequences of their actions.

I completely agree with this. Asha is only with Corey a wet week and no way should her feelings run deep enough for her to lie for him after seeing the state of Nina who she deeply cared about.
    As for Kelly, no matter what storyline her character follows I'll never forget her behaviour that day...slapping Nina across the face never mind the days leading up to it and her meaness towards Asha. Nina saying to the cops that it wasn't that hard makes me suspect the writers will twist it to make her come out white as snow.
    She needs to be punished. This may well affect Toyah and Imran on their attempts to foster. They don't even have her a month and she murders someone lol!

• Advertisement

I'm sure Gary will be involved soon......he'll have some vintage jewellery to bribe Nina with....

I'm sure Gary will be involved soon......he'll have some vintage jewellery to bribe Nina with....

I could see Corey's dad paying off Kelly's mother

No need to worry..Detective Inspector Tinker will save the day...............:P

Iain MacLeod told The Sun: ‘It draws in lots of different families and in the best tradition of Coronation Street storytelling pits neighbour against neighbour and in some case husband against spouse, all of those interesting areas of conflict. ‘It becomes partly about class going forward, I mean I can’t say too much about that but in terms of how the criminal investigation unfolds it becomes about class and background and privilege.’

I hope they dont make utter shìte of the story by trying to make the scumbag culprits innocent helpless victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Alice1

What is the white rosette Abi is wearing on her top?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Alice1 wrote: »
    What is the white rosette Abi is wearing on her top?

Her bride to be badge

• My money is on Amy to fess up

My money is on Amy to fess up

+ Summer.

• Advertisement

• My money is on Amy to fess up

I’m glad that I was wrong. Good girl, Asha.

Advertisement