Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

With game pass likely going live for PC later it's worth being aware of this bargain.

Basically if you can get hold of cheap Xbox Live Gold subscription you can convert it to Xbox Game Pass ultimate for a euro.

So you could buy a year's XBL off cdkeys for 45 euro or so then pay a euro at the above link and you will have access to game pass on pc for a year.

You can stack up to 3 years before converting if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Mickeroo wrote: »
    With game pass likely going live for PC later it's worth being aware of this bargain.

Basically if you can get hold of cheap Xbox Live Gold subscription you can convert it to Xbox Game Pass ultimate for a euro.

So you could buy a year's XBL off cdkeys for 45 euro or so then pay a euro at the above link and you will have access to game pass on pc for a year.

You should consider posting this in "Bargain Alerts" forum

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All games available on game pass for PC:

SuJd6eNl.jpg

Ktobanwl.jpg

6I7b2Xwl.jpg

W8VJjIel.jpg

Bigger pics here.

long_b wrote: »
    You should consider posting this in "Bargain Alerts" forum

Good idea, I'll do that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Really? thats all thats on the PC subscription? theres prob 2 or 3 games id play, but theres more tempting games elsewhere :(:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

signed up for it, having issues as usual with the windows store app though. Cant install the xbox app (device isnt applicable, fully up to date w10) and certain games wont install either (cant find device when i click install) such as metro exodus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Installing a big windows update now. Last time I had the pc game pass it was almost impossible to find which games were available. I hope they have sorted that out.

You need version 1903 of Windows 10 for the app to install I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I had to manually download the 1903 update. Windows update wouldn't find it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same here, had to manually download it as i was showing no compliant devices. Doing that now.

There are a lot of good games on there, so well worth it.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Same here, had to manually download it as i was showing no compliant devices. Doing that now.

There are a lot of good games on there, so well worth it.

Yeah I had to manually pulled down the update last night too. I think roughly a quarter of the games in there were on my steam wish list so I'm delighted and the catalog is only going to grow from here on.

Be sure to avail of the game pass ultimate offer I posted earlier, I'm paid up for two years now thanks to that so should be covered for Gears 5 and Halo infinite when they launch.

Yeah, i really should have read your full post earlier :(

Yeah, i really should have read your full post earlier :(

How long did you sign up for?

There's kind of a work around if you have only signed up for a month or so: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/bynhkl/ultimate_game_pass_for_anyone_who_signed_up/?_branch_match_id=666591234995194821

Eh, i just did the €1 membership deal thing. Guess i can try cancelling that and seeing if i can do the above method.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I signed up last night and played a few minutes of Crackdown 3. The problem I have is my PC is in the attic (mostly used a server for movies) and I can't spend too much time up there playing.

Is there a way to stream games from a PC to a different TV? I have the Steam Link and that works very well for Steam games (house is wired for ethernet). But I assume in this instance the Steam Link won't work as the games are in the xBox Beta app.

I signed up last night and played a few minutes of Crackdown 3. The problem I have is my PC is in the attic (mostly used a server for movies) and I can't spend too much time up there playing.

Is there a way to stream games from a PC to a different TV? I have the Steam Link and that works very well for Steam games (house is wired for ethernet). But I assume in this instance the Steam Link won't work as the games are in the xBox Beta app.

There is a way to add non steam games to your steam library, I was able to get overwatch streaming to my steam link by doing this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

I've never tried it for Microsoft Store game though but worth a go at least.

Other option might be the moonlight app on android which usues Nvidia Shield tech, will only work if you have an Nvidia GPU though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There is a way to add non steam games to your steam library, I was able to get overwatch streaming to my steam link by doing this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

I've never tried it for Microsoft Store game though but worth a go at least.

Other option might be the moonlight app on android which usues Nvidia Shield tech, will only work if you have an Nvidia GPU though.

Doesnt work natively. Try UWPHook to add MSFT Store games to Steam here. Steam streaming works with it too. I've played the Forza games this way for a while.

Anyone have any issues signing into the app? When i click Sign In, it just refreshes the page and nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sorry, I'm fully aware I'm being a bit dense here, but my alcohol withdrawal brain is confused. What't the benefit of getting the Xbox live Gold sub, as the link above says it includes "Xbox Live Gold"?

Is it so you can stretch it out to a year/three years?

I presume the €1 offer above is just for a month?

ELI5, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just tried Vampyr. Half the graphics were missing along with the voice acting cutting out after 2 seconds.

Very strange indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sorry, I'm fully aware I'm being a bit dense here, but my alcohol withdrawal brain is confused. What't the benefit of getting the Xbox live Gold sub, as the link above says it includes "Xbox Live Gold"?

Is it so you can stretch it out to a year/three years?

I presume the €1 offer above is just for a month?

ELI5, basically.

To the best of my knowledge.

Game Pass PC can be bought separately and will cost a tenner a month
    Game Pass for Xbox is a different product
    Xbox Live Gold is a different product for Xbox and costs 50/60 quid a year
    Game Pass ultimate combines all of these and costs 15 per month

There currently is an offer to convert Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate. If you're only interested in PC you can buy a few years of Xbox Live, convert to Ultimate, and therefore you save money.

I think.

Yeah, i did it as well. Originally ordered the €1 trial, but cancelled it, bought a key for a years worth of Xbox Live from cdkeys, activated that, and then got the €1 deal a 2nd time. I now have a years worth of subscription for €46, which is pretty good.

Installing Void Bastards and Hallow Knight atm.

Yeah, i did it as well. Originally ordered the €1 trial, but cancelled it, bought a key for a years worth of Xbox Live from cdkeys, activated that, and then got the €1 deal a 2nd time. I now have a years worth of subscription for €46, which is pretty good.

Installing Void Bastards and Hallow Knight atm.

Could you link to what you bought on CDKeys please?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I keep seeing that it's only €1 for a month and €13/month after that (this is after buying 2 years of Xbox Gold). I've given it a go anyway to see, I'll have to get that Win 10 upgrade taken care of this week :D

EDIT: I just looked at my account on MS' site and it says the following: "€12.99 every month, next charge on 10/07/2021" so it's taken my 2 years of subs and turned it into the Ultimate for €1 just as promised :D

So I decided to go all in, bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for about 136 euro, paid another euro to convert it to Game Pass Ultimate, and am now signed up to Game Pass PC until June 2022.

For the price of just over 2 new full price games I'm getting all new MS full price games + whatever else they add to the mix, which seems to be quite a lot. I think that's a damn good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

My current xbox live Gold subscription expires in January. If I buy the game pass for 1 euro do I get the game pass at no extra cost until my xbox live Gold runs out?

Whatever your current Live subscription is gets added to your Game Pass. So if you've 6 months left on live, you pay €1 to get 6 months of Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mower wrote: »
    My current xbox live Gold subscription expires in January. If I buy the game pass for 1 euro do I get the game pass at no extra cost until my xbox live Gold runs out?

Yea but if you go buy 2 X 12mt gold now from cd keys you'll have it until January 2022, put the codes in first and cancel recurring billing on the game pass if it's turned on, can all be done through the Xbox. Then buy the deal for €1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Wow, well this is a step forward. Ive owned GoW for several months at this stage, never played it, downloaded it 5-6 times( @130Gigs per download ) and could never get the POS working with Microsoft Store.

Worked first time with this thing, i'm mildly excited that M$ might finally have sorted out their downloads

Advertisement