Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new tayto flavours

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Ready salted
    Cured meat (pepperoni etc.)
    Pickled onion
    Paprika
    Peri peri
    Sriracha

Think i missed the point of this thread, potential flavors right??

Just ask yourself: if given the chance, would you like to combine the varied tastes and scents of your favourite female with the cheesy goodness of a maize corn snack, or would you prefer to keep those two realities apart??

Because for me that is easy - I want them combined. I want both of my favourite things combined into one sweet package. It's a no-brainer! But I think I am an outlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Crush On You

Tayto had those “cheese and onion” flavour chocolate bars out a few years back. Weren’t great.

Bah. It was a bravely designed bar and I for one loved them. So sick of hearing people deride them. People who, lets face it, always wanted them to fail.

I will say they seemed slightly expensive at one Euro a pop but I ate 'em up wherever I could find them. Stuffed hundreds down my throat over the twelve months they were out.

Thought a Renaissance man like yourself would see the beauty in those little tayto-flecked bars of chocolate Em.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They ain’t great Tayto...their Smokey bacon I really like that’s about it.

King cheese and onion are so much nicer than Tayto, both texture and flavor.

Pringles are nice with a dip a bit bland and dry without.

Beyond me how anyone could find Tayto anything less than the perfect Cheese and Onion potato crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

King much more flavorsome, nicer texture and less of an artificial flavor too. I think I’ll go grab me some.

• Advertisement

Ok I'll get a pack of each tomorrow and revert with my thoughts.

I have seen Salted multipack Taytos but haven't tried them yet, I do like walkers ready salted so i wonder how they compare. It's nice to have more choice instead of everything being Cheese & Onion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Beyond me how anyone could find Tayto anything less than the perfect Cheese and Onion potato crisp.

Tayto Hunky Dory Cheese and Onion :D - they've added "tayto" to the name so now you have to choose Tayto original or Tayto Honky Dory Cheese and Onion.

The world has gone mad Ted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Has anyone noticed that the hunky dory crisps now taste stale and like cardboard?

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the hunky dory crisps now taste stale and like cardboard?
    I just had the Flamed Grill Steaks ones yesterday and to be honest, they lacked flavour and i won't be as quick to pick them up in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

They're all packaged like this in the shops now. Has anyone seen them yet?

hunky-dorys.jpg

https://www.buzz.ie/food-drink/hunky-dory-redesigned-tayto-418252

My local shop in Dublin has them in stock for a fair bit. I barely recognised them when going near the tills recently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Meh. All of those are too salty for me.
    I once tasted one of those “local” crisps like O’Donnell’s (?) or one of those.
    They were not drenched in oil or covered in salt, so you got the real taste of real shpud, but nice and crispy. Lay’s would be the next best thing. But these days the closest I can get is Pringles Original or their Aldi equivalent.
    Can’t bate the taste of shpuds.

Em, yes. Big time. They taste rubbish since the redesign. WTF

Delighted to report that I bought four packets of crisps today. One packet of light green Hunky Doreys in the original packaging, and a second packet of light green Hunky Doreys with the redesign, plus a packet of Taytos and some Manhattans. Huge difference in flavour with the Doreys. Night and day. And they have the audacity to brand the merchandise for the new crisps with the slogan: "same great flavour". The Doreys with the augmented packaging are a pale imitation of the former crisp and I honestly think a petition needs be started for Tayto HQ. Believe me, this is going to be huge in a few months once people cop it. The original crisps are still available on the shelves and anyone who is interested in comparing for themselves should do so before they run out of stock.

I stopped in a petrol station on the way home to get Kings but they didn't have them so I picked up the Taytos and Manhattans. Then when I'm pulling away in the Discovery, I see some old codger in the vehicle next to me munching on a packet of Kings. Did he eat the last packet in the shop or what?

Tayto wheelis are much smaller and lack flavour compared to a few years back.
    Delighted to report that I bought four packets of crisps today. One packet of light green Hunky Doreys in the original packaging, and a second packet of light green Hunky Doreys with the redesign, plus a packet of Taytos and some Manhattans. Huge difference in flavour with the Doreys. Night and day. And they have the audacity to brand the merchandise for the new crisps with the slogan: "same great flavour". The Doreys with the augmented packaging are a pale imitation of the former crisp and I honestly think a petition needs be started for Tayto HQ. Believe me, this is going to be huge in a few months once people cop it. The original crisps are still available on the shelves and anyone who is interested in comparing for themselves should do so before they run out of stock.

I stopped in a petrol station on the way home to get Kings but they didn't have them so I picked up the Taytos and Manhattans. Then when I'm pulling away in the Discovery, I see some old codger in the vehicle next to me munching on a packet of Kings. Did he eat the last packet in the shop or what?
    Crush On You is offline Report Post
    I tried the flamed ones in the new packaging and they were really weak. Wasn't expecting that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I tried the flamed ones in the new packaging and they were really weak. Wasn't expecting that at all.

He’s gone, dude. Sadly.

The tide is turning…

Em, yes. Big time. They taste rubbish since the redesign. WTF

Food scientists and accountants are a terrible combination. It's like how all the great corn based snacks of our youth are now a pale imitation of what they once were - the disastrous decision to move from deep frying the snacks to using air fryer technology. Thin, hard, wafery crap.

Manhattan are the only company dedicated to the old ways. Even though their cheese and onion crisps are so oniony they've started to give me heartburn. No higher praise can I give.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

All tayto flavours except for cheese and onion are shít. Yes, even salt and vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

philly cheese steak flavour. bottom of the packet "suitable for vegetarians ":D:D:D:D:D

Cienciano wrote: »
    All tayto flavours except for cheese and onion are shít. Yes, even salt and vinegar.
    I think it's the normal salt and vinegar that is better than cheese & onion. As i said earlier, i dislike nearly most crisps being Cheese & Onion.

Anyway, lately it's been walkers that i've been working on. I do apologise to people in advance but those prawn cocktail and ready salted are very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Gone completely off cheese and onion as it leaves a terrible after taste.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gone completely off cheese and onion as it leaves a terrible after taste.

That happens with Walkers imho. Or lays. You can taste them for days.

Advertisement