Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Bedside, taking a badly needed nap after an extremely hectic day work wise and poor sleep last night - got my first Covid jab (AstraZeneca) and all seems to be fine. :)

Good stuff Jupiter. I'm glad you're well :)

I am sitting room side messing about creating a pdf. Tres excitemont :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Don't go anywhere G , I think most of us take a break from posting in here at one point or another , I know I do anyway :)
    When things get busy again , (whenever) , it'll feel somewhat better coming in posting after the days work is done .
    If any of that makes sense !

Well said Mammy :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Cocos Law creates two new offences which criminalise the non-consensual distribution of coco-pops. The first offence deals with the distribution of boxes of coco-pops without consent and with the intent to get the recipient hooked on the chocolatey goodness that only coco-pops can provide, the way you become all happy as you munch, crunch and chew those little chocolate covered Rice Krispie style treats.
    The second offence relates to the way the recipient becomes hooked on the manner in which the coco-pops turn the milk all chocolatey, how you sit there gooey eyed and marvel as the pale coloured milk slowly turns to a bowl of chocolate heaven, captivating you in the process. Now you are hooked on coco-pops and will buy them forever more.
    Cocos law aims to put a stop to this fiasco once and for all!

This is NOT to be confused with 'cuckoos law', which is a separate law deeming that anyone who owns a cuckoo clock in this day and age is either a very old person or a total nutter.

Her family knew her as Coco but her name was
    Nicole Fox (aged 21) who died by suicide following years of online bullying.

Why would anyone disrespect or belittle legislation brought in to counteract online bullying and harassment?

Nicole's Mum fought tirelessly to help others bringing in the Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Act 2020, known as Coco’s Law.

Disgrace of toxic post degrading a family who fought for their daughter.

Shame on anyone thanking it.

A young girl died tragically and needlessly because of online bullying.

anewme wrote: »
    Why would anyone disrespect or belittle legislation brought in to counteract online bullying and harassment?

Her Mum fought tirelessly to help others bringing in the Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Act 2020, known as Coco’s Law.

Disgrace of toxic post degrading a family who fought for their daughter.

Shame on anyone thanking it.

A young girl died tragically and needlessly because of online bullying.

I really really don't think any disrespect or belittling was intended. Playing with words and making things light doesn't have to equal disrespect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I really really don't think any disrespect or belittling was intended. Playing with words and making things light doesn't have to equal disrespect.

Edited as not intention to backseat Mod.

I've followed the work Nicole's Mum did in respect of Coco's Law and making light of it while not intentional would be upsetting for her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

If you have an issue with a post report it, don't backseat mod. anewme this is becoming a regular issue, if you don't rein it in further action at forum level will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I miss Dave and his snaps, but this place does have a way to drive you out sometimes. I'm real close.:mad:

I think Batman must have been needed for the enforcement of Covid legislation. I hope he's managed to catch a few sunrises anyway.

About to have my 4th beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I had beer today, I had a porterhouse chocolate truffle stout, it wasn't great.
    Left Hand nitro stout on the other band is my go-to stout...yummy

I had beer today, I had a porterhouse chocolate truffle stout, it wasn't great.
    Left Hand nitro stout on the other band is my go-to stout...yummy

I tend to go for "what has the best offer" brand! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dave is still posting photos on his Instagram :)

• Advertisement

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside with Strepsils & Lemsip - The breakfast of champions, eh?

At least now I know why I felt like an armed land mine last night…

Feel better soon, hopefully it's not the dreaded C.

Feel better soon, hopefully it's not the dreaded C.

Cold?

Cold?

Oh Jesus, I meant Covid! The dreaded C usually means cancer.

Glad to hear it's just a headcold though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thomil wrote: »
    I doubt it, given that my head is clogged up worse than the M50 on a particularly bad day. I think it‘s my standard-issue head cold showing itself again. It just had to happen during end of quarter review time… :mad:

Hay fever also rearing it's head..

Yea my Hay fever is acting up big time now.

Morning all :)

Hope you have an enjoyable day as I plan on getting lost in the woods today :D

Who wouldn’t want to get lost with this adorable little man :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feckin gorgeous :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, working away. Cuppa tea in hand.

Autosport wrote: »
    Who wouldn’t want to get lost with this adorable little man :)

What age is he Auto?
    Did you get him as a new puppy?
    He's a little cutie.

Co-parented doggo is here asleep beside me, unfortunately curfew is at four..

• Advertisement

What age is he Auto?
    Did you get him as a new puppy?
    He's a little cutie.

He’s 11 this month and we have him 2 months today :)
    He’s a very independent little dog but does love his comforts :) He can also get narky and contrary :D Like most old men :D

We’re now home side after our adventures in the woods :) we were in 2 different woods

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

On call at work. Danced my way to coffeehouse. Listening to the tunes. Does it get any better than this?

Resident Alien...Pearl Jam ... Whiskey....good evening so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Resident Alien...Pearl Jam ... Whiskey....good evening so far
    Nice combo. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waiting to watch a live Andrea Bocelli concert on YouTube in 2 hours.

Off work status for 72 hours as my work partner for vaccinated today.

Market day. Frig is bare. My turn to haul goodies.

Lads, I know a lot of you are animal lovers.. I brought my cat for her annual jabs today. She's very dopey since, no energy, just tends to close her eyes.
    I can't remember this happening before, apart from after being brought home after neutering.
    Anyone see this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, at my folk's house

Got all my activities/appointments done today and resting now.

Unfortunately both of the things I didn't want to happen, actually did happen, but it turned out ok in the end. I asked my personal assistant if we could finish up 10 minutes early which she was ok with, and I asked if the neurology doctor could ring me back when he rang a few minutes early.

The neurology doctor was pleased to hear my migraines/headaches are less intense/less frequent. He doesn't recommend botox/steroid injections right now but it might be a possibility if they get worse again

Happy to report that I got the first dose of the vaccine, AZ, today. Very well organized in a clinic near the hospital. Feel fine apart from a sore arm and a sore throat, so far

Lads, I know a lot of you are animal lovers.. I brought my cat for her annual jabs today. She's very dopey since, no energy, just tended to close her eyes.
    I can't rentals happening before, apart from after being brought home after neutering.
    Anyone see this before?

Were they the usual jabs??

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Were they the usual jabs??

Yea.. she didn't qualify for the Covid jab :D

Advertisement