Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSkGi8rfQi/?igshid=1tesnwksvyj2e Then you have Steven Greer's theory, that we have had this technology for years and the government does not want to pull the plug on the oil industry which brings its power pulling.

The government? which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

The Irish Government. The Healy-Rae's are not fooling me.

Speaking of which, has any Irish governmental people (current or retired) ever spoken out on this topic? Or are we stuck with Jim Corr as our spokesperson?

A quick Google search will show that airline crafts have reported things over the years but the Irish media give it their pre-2017 style ridicule, far from how US media and increasingly UK media are taking it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

In the last two pages we’ve had UFOs in historical art and Steven Greer, things like that are why the topic is ridiculed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

This is so weird. Aircraft or drones or whatever were hovering around a US destroyer for hours and they remained unidentified.

I used to work in the US dep of energy and they would know exactly who was approaching the main gate by scanning reg plates from 50 meters down the road.

It's a big deal that aircraft are being intercepted by unexplained aerial phenomenon.

I was looking at the anti-drone weaponry that is usually found on US destroyers and it's impressive. Lockheed engineered a laser based anti-drone system which now seems standard on these ships. The fact that the ships couldn't shoot these things down is worrying. There's a high chance that whatever is being reported has capabilities far in advance of the most advanced military in the world. Let's hope whatever it is is friendly.

The Navy and Lockheed Martin are taking a substantial leap forward with ship-based, high-powered laser weapons designed to incinerate enemy drones and also perform ISR missions, tracking targets such as incoming enemy cruise missiles, aircraft, or ships.

Lockheed’s High Energy Laser and Integrated Optical-dazzler with Surveillance (HELIOS) system “is the first of its kind, and brings together laser weapon, long-range ISR, and counter-UAS options available to the U.S. Navy,” Michele Evans, Lockheed Martin, Vice President and General Manager of Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors, said in a written statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭buried

Why do they persist in calling these things 'drones' when they literally state that they have no clue what these things are at all?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Listened to a good podcast the other day called are ufos real.

Completely demolished Bob Lazars story

Way too many holes in his yarn that for whatever reason loads of people (who consider themselves so smart) are happy to ignore.... that’s the real mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Listened to a good podcast the other day called are ufos real.

Completely demolished Bob Lazars story

Way too many holes in his yarn that for whatever reason loads of people (who consider themselves so smart) are happy to ignore.... that’s the real mystery.

Is it on youtube the pod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Steve012 wrote: »
    Is it on youtube the pod?

Not sure. I listened to it via Acast. It’s 4 hours long and they go into it in depth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Joe Rogan’s buddy put up this tweet earlier.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbell/status/1379485979958861827?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭buried

Why are UFO enthusiasts suddenly deciding to believe everything that comes out of the PR spin department from the likes of the Military Industrial Complex? 50 years ago the MIC told UFO enthusiasts they didn't have alien technology/bodies hidden in area 51, these same enthusiasts claimed the Military were lying about that back then, so why are the enthusiasts suddenly deciding to believe what the Military are saying now about 'unidentifiable drones that can't be identified, but we know they are in fact drones'

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

https://twitter.com/paulsanderson/status/1379513671689273346?s=20

Seems like a bit of hype about news coming. Since I've got into all this 4 years ago I've noticed this being a common occurrence, of 'big news'. Anything short of a triangle photo will be disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

This guy makes a lot of sense. I think he nailed it when it comes to our human understanding of the interaction of another kind.

https://streamable.com/hcnl2o

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

I do like to hear more about this phenomenon but I don't think some people are doing the field any favours.

Jeremey Corbell sounds like a Fox News presenter with statements like "BIG NEWS COMING LATER ECT ECT".

New photos. Again, nothing irrefutable that could be easily dismissed by a non-believer.
    News Report:
    https://youtu.be/8G5kNWzpFXc

https://twitter.com/MysteryWire/status/1379630280605061122?s=20

I think people are being disingenuous when they ask for a photo though. They know as well as I do that a photo isn't proof. These all can be easily faked.

The fact is that there's a mystery here. We know this from radar data and pilot testimonies. That said the photos look interesting but the fact they came from a navy pilot is much more interesting. Let's hope that the the camera operator is a verified as a navy pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

https://twitter.com/paulsanderson/status/1379513671689273346?s=20

Seems like a bit of hype about news coming. Since I've got into all this 4 years ago I've noticed this being a common occurrence, of 'big news'. Anything short of a triangle photo will be disappointing.

Triangle photos, are American craft, TR3B

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the reported triangle photo that's been seeing my numerous people such as George Knapp. It was taken from a fighter jet cockpit and can be seen emerging from the water. Although plenty of military jets have and do crash into the ocean, they do not fly back out again. The Belgian wave of sightings in the 90s was also a triangle, also defying the laws of physics as we understand them. But you are right, many people see the TR3B and think it is not man made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Interesting Russian documentary here about USO’s. (with subtitles)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

subatomic particle?? what is it? where is it?

fryup wrote: »
    subatomic particle?? what is it? where is it?

Well if it's fundamental it's probably everywhere. It's not just a new particle but potentially a new fundamental force to add to the known forces gravity, electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force.

The chances of this experiment being a fluke are approximately 1 in 40,000 but to be certain we need a higher certain than 1 in 1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well if it's fundamental it's probably everywhere. It's not just a new particle but potentially a new fundamental force to add to the known forces gravity, electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force.

The chances of this experiment being a fluke are approximately 1 in 40,000 but to be certain we need a higher certain than 1 in 1 million.

Can anybody explain in layman terms what the actual significance of this discovery is? if indeed it is verified as true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

New photos. Again, nothing irrefutable that could be easily dismissed by a non-believer.
    News Report:
    https://youtu.be/8G5kNWzpFXc

https://twitter.com/MysteryWire/status/1379630280605061122?s=20

Fascinating to zoom-in on these three pictures.

Pictures one really is s head scratching, ike a 1950s B Movie craft with a nondescript shape!

Picture two looks like a giant translucent snowflake or airborne jellyfish?

Picture three is just a Batman balloon, far too close in shape to be anything other than that, so I don't know why (pic 3) seems like such a mystery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

No I don't believe anything visited Earth but I believe there's living organisms somewhere out there. There's an infinite amount of planets out there. To believe Earth is the only one that can sustain life, at least to me just sounds stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

MarkY91 wrote: »
    No I don't believe anything visited Earth but I believe there's living organisms somewhere out there. There's an infinite amount of planets out there. To believe Earth is the only one that can sustain life, at least to me just sounds stupid.

Brian Cox was just on Pat Kenny’s show, his “issue” isn’t with life being prevalent throughout the galaxy but with intelligent life. He reckons it’s all slime.

I’m not sure I agree with him but that’s just me.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement