Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new tayto flavours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

I have some ideas for new crisp flavours churro de pescado, papas locas, cabbage and bacon,

down and dirty "thick" sweatpants

seamens cement,

what are yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think a cheese and onion flavour would really catch on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

Crypto Currency flavour.

No flavour. No Crisps. No bag.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I think a cheese and onion flavour would really catch on

That would be too controversial, good luck.
    Maybe onion and cheese flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭vikings2012

I’ve tried philly steak and cheese !

Terrible taste and would not recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tayto are overrated. Keogh's is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

New crisp flavours are rarely nice. Even some of the, more, standard flavour crisps have suffered due to “woke”, and liberal, changes to the manufacturing process. Taking out all the, excess, unhealthy bits.

A flavour I wouldn’t mind trying would be a piccalilli corn snack. All the tang of pickled onion with the zing of mustard and spices. Think about it.

The tide is turning…

Communion Wafer flavour would be a big hit these days

fussyonion wrote: »
    Tayto are overrated. Keogh's is where it's at.

keoghs are woeful. too thick. tayto have the most winsome crisp

Anybody ever try 'The Skibereeen Food Company' pork scratching's? Feicing lovely with some nice beers those things

• Advertisement

i see you eating my down and dirty thick sweatpants flavour too tbh

it's a sporty type of mixed race twenty something with a £££ "thick" bubble butt that has been chaffing the inside of some plain grey sweatpants for the best part of the day. the taste is the taste, the very scent of those sweatpants

I mean, I’d try them but I’m just not sure I’d be too “taken” with them. I’m not really big on the whole scampi fries thing.

And, from what your describing, I can only imagine there’d be notes of vinegar coupled with a “sensation” like licking a 9v battery.

Are we talking potato crisp or corn snack here? Cooked in oil or air fried?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Anyone try the new ambergris flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Chocolate bar flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

hi have any tried the new tayto flavours?

Na, tayto are boring crisps for boring people, like the people who eat boring digestives with their tea. Id rather go with something full of amazing flavour like pringles or Doritos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Greyfox wrote: »
    Na, tayto are boring crisps for boring people, like the people who eat boring digestives with their tea. Id rather go with something full of amazing flavour like pringles or Doritos.

How about Pringles flavour Tayto?

Chocolate bar flavour

Tayto had those “cheese and onion” flavour chocolate bars out a few years back. Weren’t great.

Maybe they could just make chocolate crisps? If they put a “limited edition” sticker on the bag people would buy them.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Guinness and dry roasted pnut flavour would be good

i see you eating my down and dirty thick sweatpants flavour too tbh

it's a sporty type of mixed race twenty something with a £££ "thick" bubble butt that has been chaffing the inside of some plain grey sweatpants for the best part of the day. the taste is the taste, the very scent of those sweatpants

Not great, but I’d choose it over ready salted.

Greyfox wrote: »

Some would say that if you are measuring your self worth based on what crisp you are eating you ain’t got much else going on.

And Pringles have gone ta feck recently.

And Pringles have gone ta feck recently.

How you tried ‘Stackers’ from Aldi? The salt and vinegar ones are nicer than Pringles. Barbecue flavour isn’t the worst but the salt and vinegar one is dynamite.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

hi have any tried the new tayto flavours? tayto philly cheese steak floavour crisps based on new york deli sambos and there is a beef bagel falour too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLuUMg0zN0

They should have a Thai chilli one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm a kings man myself

Spaghetti aglio e olio

Fantashtic starchy tastes with a small chili kick.

This should be pretty easy for any crisp company to do. And it f**king tastes good.

I mean, I’d try them but I’m just not sure I’d be too “taken” with them. I’m not really big on the whole scampi fries thing.

And, from what your describing, I can only imagine there’d be notes of vinegar coupled with a “sensation” like licking a 9v battery.

Are we talking potato crisp or corn snack here? Cooked in oil or air fried?

Okay let me describe that taste: so you are doing a midday jog on your lunch hour from a top five media company where you work as a well paid and very influential tech consultant. The jog track is busy with milfs and wall street types and there is the occasional babe with inline skates or some bearded bloke on a two thousand dollar bicycle returning to his "back in five" boutique coffee shop.

Then you see her: a beautiful mixed race goddess with her hair tied back in a scrunchie, leaning against the knotted wire perimeter of a basketball court drinking a shake, wearing a two part grey sweat suit, speaking to her rag-tag bunch of impecunious twenty-something friends, some of whom are sitting on the grass, all drinking shakes and discussing Dave Grohl and Percy Shelley.

You pass the occasional palm tree on your approach, and as you near the beautiful young specimen, you see her bubble - that "thick" butt - that glorious gelatinous protuberance bisected by a beautiful sweat slickened line.

You cannot take your eyes off the bubble, the "phat" rear-side package of this heaven sent angel of gulosity, and as you near this urban darling, this dryad of the hoops and food courts, a strong perspiration all over her body starts to become evident through the sweat suit.

And as you pass... the scent of her blows your mind: cheap nylon overlaid with cheesy Cheeto powdering; the funky, fungal smell of ripened underwear; something fruity and farty that just escaped her trouser leg; the aluminium aftertaste of a rinsed out tin of fresh sardines; the exotic note of week-old refried beans spilt on her tracksuit top after dinner at her dad's place; and something urban and hip, like sticky cannabis and burnt coffee.

You know you want those flavours, perfectly penetrated through an extruded piece of seasoned corn puff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Trying some of these at the moment. The philly cheese steak ones are absolutely horrible. The Beef Brisket ones are alright but nothing special.

Trying some of these at the moment. The philly cheese steak ones are absolutely horrible. The Beef Brisket ones are alright but nothing special.

Had the philly cheese steak ones earlier. Vaguely horrible and totally pointless right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

buried wrote: »
    Crypto Currency flavour.

No flavour. No Crisps. No bag.

That'll be €1.50 pleas...... no €20,000.... no €56,000 see if you had only bought them 10 secon..... Wait they are back down to €1.50.....now on sale for €0.30...... oh wait did that kid just steal your wallet??

Anyone silly enough to buy steak flavoured Tayto will probably have invested heavily in cryptocurrency. Cheese and Onion or Salt and Vinegar. Nothing else needed in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Had the philly cheese steak ones earlier. Vaguely horrible and totally pointless right?

Absolutely pointless indeed. Myself and the wife had one each,looked at each other and threw the packet in the bin. Absolutely vile

Its funny. You'd think that you'd never, ever, throw away a half eaten packet of crisps, but then they invent these 'flavours' where you end up having to do exactly that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Ready salted
    Cured meat (pepperoni etc.)
    Pickled onion
    Paprika
    Peri peri
    Sriracha

Think i missed the point of this thread, potential flavors right??

Advertisement