Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your own personal crusade

• 30-10-2020 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Have you, or have you ever had your own personal crusade?

Did you love( or hate) a politician so much you got too invested in their cause.

Did you get on the abortion battle?

Did you campaign against amazon because they dont treat their staff great?

What was the crusade you got very invested in?

Did you feel a bit sad when it got resolved because you had nothing to do?

I know one fella who got really invested in soccer needing video assistant referee( not that soccer cared about what he had to say). He arrived after it was announced that it was happening to gloat to a bunch of us who didnt want it. ( we werent that bothered but he annoyed us with his rabbiting about it)

He was visibly upset we didnt care all that much that he had won his crusade.

He complains about Video assistant referee now whenever it makes a decision.

Im expecting him to start an imaginary battle with us to have it banned soon enough.

Comments

Parking attendants and clampers. Still am.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

Bring back banshee bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Have you, or have you ever had your own personal crusade?

Did you love( or hate) a politician so much you got too invested in their cause.

Did you get on the abortion battle?

Did you campaign against amazon because they dont treat their staff great?

What was the crusade you got very invested in?

Did you feel a bit sad when it got resolved because you had nothing to do?

I know one fella who got really invested in soccer needing video assistant referee( not that soccer cared about what he had to say). He arrived after it was announced that it was happening to gloat to a bunch of us who didnt want it. ( we werent that bothered but he annoyed us with his rabbiting about it)

He was visibly upset we didnt care all that much that he had won his crusade.

He complains about Video assistant referee now whenever it makes a decision.

Im expecting him to start an imaginary battle with us to have it banned soon enough.

I was living abroad when the abortion referendum was going. To be quite honest I was quite glad to be 10000 km away from it. Haha.

I don't have any personal crusade, I'm too busy with side projects. But one thing that does grind my gears is immigration/direct provision - we've no robust plan to handle the problems that's gonna come down the line with it. And everyone here is too afraid to talk about it, for the fear of being branded a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I was living abroad when the abortion referendum was going. To be quite honest I was quite glad to be 10000 km away from it. Haha.

I don't have any personal crusade, I'm too busy with side projects. But one thing that does grind my gears is immigration/direct provision - we've no robust plan to handle the problems that's gonna come down the line with it. And everyone here is too afraid to talk about it, for the fear of being branded a racist.

They are building a million hotel rooms right tis very moment at dublin port, with washing machines dishwashers and kitchens in each room. Best direct provision facilities in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Cadbury Creme Eggs need to be available all year round.

Fupping disgrace so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Plode

I aim to stop certain reporters on Virgin Media News speaking way too fast.

I shall not rest, in my quest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭jenneyk19

virgins should give it up at 18

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

To free Jerusalem and the Holy Land from the control of the Saracens and see it restored to Christendom!
    + DEUS VULT +

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I dare not say! But yes. Top secret mission...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

My personal crusade is against me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Kylta wrote: »
    My personal crusade is against me.
    Most of us are like that.
    We scupper ourselves at every possible opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Just personal vendettas so not see if that counts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cadbury Creme Eggs need to be available all year round.

Fupping disgrace so it is.
    Cadbury Creme Eggs need to be their former size, bollocks to shrinkflation.

Cadbury Creme Eggs need to be sold in packs of six not five.

Cadbury Creme Eggs need to be made from Dairy Milk chocolate made from Irish milk and the old recipe using proper coca and coca butter and love (optional) not from leftover margarine or Ex-Soviet marine diesel residue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

When I finally realised I was never going to be accepted as having anything worthy of offering by the village she-vixens who lunch, also known as the local school Parent's Group, I lost all hope of ever mounting successful personal crusades. I am a better, freer person for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Suicide.

I'm vehemently against the modern version of feminism, antifa, the BLM organisation, and all that 98 billion genders bull****.

Wouldn't call it my crusade but I do get drawn into conversations on those topics more often than I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The Emperor wills it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Blud wrote: »
    Bring back banshee bones.

https://www.98fm.com/lifestyle/mr-tayto-confirms-return-banshee-bones-halloween-1073376

Back for Halloween..

I picked up two 12 packs. Sitting downstairs, untouched as I recently had to have some emergency dental work and can only eat soft food for about another 10 days.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Strumms wrote: »
    https://www.98fm.com/lifestyle/mr-tayto-confirms-return-banshee-bones-halloween-1073376

Back for Halloween..

I picked up two 12 packs. Sitting downstairs, untouched as I recently had to have some emergency dental work and can only eat soft food for about another 10 days.... :rolleyes:

Now THAT is frustration ! loll ( No idea what these are but they sound .. yukky))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Does trying to ride your french teacher at a pub quiz count as a crusade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Graces7 wrote: »
    Now THAT is frustration ! loll ( No idea what these are but they sound .. yukky))

They taste like 1993... in a good way :P nahh they yummy and addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I want to perform vivisection on Ray Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

Proving my mothers husband killed her , been working on it since I was 18 I’m 30 next week and I’m still nowhere near proving it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Shut down Ashton Dog Pound.

Evil evil place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Dognapper wrote: »
    Proving my mothers husband killed her , been working on it since I was 18 I’m 30 next week and I’m still nowhere near proving it

How very sad. RIP to your poor Mam, and condolences to you.

Twelve years is a long time to be holding on to something as tragic as this. Do you think perhaps, your Mam might prefer you to get on and make a happier life for yourself. Would that be a better tribute to her memory? Rather than have the man you hold responsible as the centre of your life, for God knows how long?

If you have children of your own, what would you want for them?

I hope you find peace.

Wouldn't consider it a crusade as such, but I'm very resistant to identity politics, virtue signallers, fourth wave feminism, and grand empty gestures like multiculturalism. I'd be against the superficial stance that a lot of people take on social issues.

I'd guess my actual crusade is more focused on personal development, and a continuous growth mindset. Avoiding the rat race side of living, and exploring alternative options so that I can experience more of foreign cultures. Knocking out my own bad habits and keeping a close eye on them not returning. Since i'm hit and miss in this area, it's very much an ongoing and forever project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I swore one day I'll put up a post on boards so iconic it'll get the largest ever number of Likes.

But this post probably isn't going to be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Panthro wrote: »
    I swore one day I'll put up a post on boards so iconic it'll get the largest ever number of Likes.

But this post probably isn't going to be it.

That was a post from two weeks ago.

I am on a mission to crush as many thanks-whores' dreams as long as possible.

:D
    May contain sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That was a post from two weeks ago.

I am on a mission to crush as many thanks-whores' dreams as long as possible.

:D
    May contain sarcasm

Ah, TED, you missed a trick there. You should have thanked Panthro's post ...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

How very sad. RIP to your poor Mam, and condolences to you.

Twelve years is a long time to be holding on to something as tragic as this. Do you think perhaps, your Mam might prefer you to get on and make a happier life for yourself. Would that be a better tribute to her memory? Rather than have the man you hold responsible as the centre of your life, for God knows how long?

If you have children of your own, what would you want for them?

I hope you find peace.
    I don’t let it consume everything to be fair , I know he did it , I believe it will all come out in the end.

Advertisement