Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is eir webmail down at the moment?

• 12-07-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

aplologies in advance, couldn't figure out the best place to put this thread. Trying to access email since last night, no success, have changed password as well, just getting an error message. Just wondering is eir webmail down at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Working for me, although it has been down a couple of times earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

CraftySue wrote: »
    aplologies in advance, couldn't figure out the best place to put this thread. Trying to access email since last night, no success, have changed password as well, just getting an error message. Just wondering is eir webmail down at the moment?

Its been down for me and others since last night, I really need to move away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Cant access my account either, honestly Eir webmail has become a joke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

POP & Webmail are still down for me.

Does anyone know if they have a twitter feed?

TWITTER

@eircare is there a problem with http://eircom.net in Dublin

Replying to @MargaretCRyan

Hi Margaret, there is an issue ongoing impacting webmail service. Unfortunately, there is no fixed time frame as to when this will get sorted, however, our team are working on this to get it resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for this inconvenience. -Fathi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Eir webmail? Let me get this right....*clears throat* AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH...........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

But you know: good luck with that.

@eircare
    4h4 hours ago
    Replying to @marmarduffy

Hi Martina.
    Essential planned maintenance of eir's webmail service began last night. Service has been restored for the majority of webmail users.
    Complete full service will be restored in the coming hours.
    We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Maybe general planned maintenance is a step too far for them.
    With all the culling of staff, there must be very few who knw how to put it back together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lennyv095

Eirman, this issue has been going on for the past month at least, and now it’s become a complete lottery. If I do manage to get into my Eir email account I might manage to open one email before the system freezes, and I have to wait until I can again manage to get back into my account, which may be 5 minutes or 2 hours. An then it’s rinse and repeat.

Having had numerous frustrating and expensive interactions with you for both my home and business broadband and phones over the past few years, I can say with absolute certainty that you are the greatest joke of a company in history. You treat your customers with complete contempt, safe in the knowledge that your control of the communications infrastructure in the country makes you bullet proof. This latest problem with your webmail service is just another example of your contempt for your customers.

Sorry Eirman, I read your post incorrectly and thought you were an Eir representative. My diatribe is aimed at Eir, not you. Apologies again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I also could not access my webmail again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

HTTP ERROR 502
    Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection is refused.
    Possible reasons:

upstream server is unreachable
    upstream server is currently being upgraded
    upstream server is down
    Please contact your ZCS administrator to fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reach for the stars

Its been coming and going last 2 weeks , is this the company who are saying they can save the goverment money on broadband rollout . cannot even fix their own webmail

Got through to my emails again.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Got through to my emails again.

I can’t get past the log in page now. Not even getting the error message. I’m hoping they’ve taken the system down to do the necessary work. But knowing how this shower operate I’m probably deluding myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I'm getting the same message, getting fed up of this now, really need to access my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

got in this morning for about 30 minutes without any interruption. @11.00
    printed and forwarded what i needed for the next week and got out.
    seemed to we working fine then,
    Now same sh1te!!!

For those of you still using eir webmail I have 1 word: gmail. Move now and your troubles will be over.
    For anyone using eir for any other services I suggest you shop around and move as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carmelmcg

I'm unable to access my webmail for the past 2 2 weeks. Occassionly I do get in but it's so frustrating. I've been on to eir via chat but to no avail. Constantly getting error 502 or timed out. Any one else experienced this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Lots of people.
    Seperate thread.
    This am, i got into webmail quickly, dealt with messages without incident.
    Everything stayed OK all day.
    I hope I haven't put a hex on myself.
    I hope they get around to you soon!

• Advertisement

They have have a notice up now i see for some that are having issues

Some customers are experiencing an issue with their webmail, our team is working to restore service as quickly as possible.

Anyone elses gone again?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Yep havent been able to access my email all evening :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Unable to access for most of the evening, just got in about 5 minutes ago. Very frustrating.

I also got a 502 error when i tried but been on a few times with no issues.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    For those of you still using eir webmail I have 1 word: gmail. Move now and your troubles will be over.
    For anyone using eir for any other services I suggest you shop around and move as soon as you can.

I have 2 links on laptop and the first gave me error 500 but the second one works on all my emails.
    Maybe go in from a different link rather than your usual saved link.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

Thanks for the advise grease, just worked for me using a different link

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Is there a simple way to do this, rather than regular subscribing to everything? Thanks

• Advertisement

He means register a new email on the gmail.
    Any contacts links you would have to update your new email address so new mail goes there instead.
    Try going into webmail from a different link not your saved link.

Advertisement