Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 6270

• 16-06-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

anyone have any of these, what are they like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭older by the day

samjames wrote: »

I got a 6270. I have it 5 years. It 20 yrs old. If I saw one for sale brand new I,d sell my family to buy it. It all depends on the previous owner of course

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Nobbies

I,ve one. dead as a duck.don't know what lts trouble is.injector pump was done on it soon after i bought it off main dealer. made no difference .
    luckily for me i haven't a heavy right foot.
    a lovely tractor to drive though. in my opinion they have one of the best cabs ever put on a tractor
    electric shuttle on the massey has yet to be beat.
    so depends what your after really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The11Duff

Bought one last year. Supposed to have the most reliable gearbox and engine massey ever used

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

would they be as good as a massey 8110, lad here has both for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Suckler

The11Duff wrote: »
    Bought one last year. Supposed to have the most reliable gearbox and engine massey ever used

Always had a fondness for the 6290; I assume same as the 6270 for engine and gearbox? Some day I may pull the trigger on one. Came close before and regretted it since as it was a grand fresh machine. A lot now aren't as tidy and have higher hours up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

would they be as good as a massey 8110, lad here has both for sale

My personal experience with the 8100 series would be to avoid them. When I worked for Bord na Mona we had one, it spent nearly as much time in the workshop as the bog.

theres an 2002 6270 for sale at 8200 stg, no faults but cant be right

My personal experience with the 8100 series would be to avoid them. When I worked for Bord na Mona we had one, it spent nearly as much time in the workshop as the bog.
    ill be leaving it where it is then, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mushy06

Did you purchase after SAM??

Advertisement