Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Devils Passage, Corcaigh Park

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Im also very interested in paranormal stuff. I came across this thread a few days ago and found it very interesting, i live beside corkagh park but have never heard of this 'devils passage', so curiousity made me go up yesterday, I found it very easy, but there was No way in, the big gate is locked , 'danger keep out sign', and i climbed up to the open window, but didnt dare make a jump for it as it was a long jump down.
    i seen three kids jumping the wall though, and within 5 mins they legged it out and squeezed under the gate, looking terrified and sweat pouring out of one of them, i asked innocently 'whats in there', the terrified child said 'nothing nothing', i asked him why he was sweating and in such a hurry, then said 'its freaky in there, theres a floating tree and a jersey hanging', before i got to ask more, the three of them legged it off as quick as lightening.
    I walked around the whole area of the wall,to try find a way in, Im sooo curious now to get in there now and see it with my own eyes.
    Does anyone know why it is locked up?? Or if there is another way into the place?

its being a long long time since i was in the neck of the woods :pac:

but i never recalled a wall or gate ? was it like a construction gate ?

the one that you lift from the block ?

try get in for a bit and take a few snaps for us

• Registered Users Posts: 10 corollabob

Hi lads,
    I know quite a bit about this park as i grew up across from the main entrance and my ma actually grew up in the park. I hung around there all my childhood and throughout my teenage years fishing and drinking etc. I've been in the passage many times and while it is true that wierdos go up there lighting fires and killing the odd poor rabbit or squirell and there was a young man who hung himself in the passage there a few years ago, the place is not as spooky as everyone makes out. I have been up there at all hours of the night in every corner of the park but i never came across anything out of the ordinary. Most of these stories are just made up by the local young fellas. The devils passage used to be an orchard at the back of that house where the ruins are now. The house was owned up untill sometime in the 1980s by the Carstell family who used to own a florist on the naas road there. They grew up normal and un-satanist like so i wouldnt be too worried about it. The story about the sound of a horse pulling the carraige is true however alot of people around here have heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 corollabob

Oh by the way the jersey is hanging there to commemorate the man who hung hung himself there 3 or 4 years ago. The big gates were put on it a few years ago and the council started locking them more recently as there are big old trees in there probably ready to fall and to stop more people lighting fires etc. But they are not always locked. Oh and there is a smaller gate thats usually open if you walk around the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

One other thing if the black monk comes run

I am headed out this direction in an hour or two to show someone the baseball pitch.

Who or what is the black monk?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spirithunter

Hello there all nice pics you got red the best.time to.get.the best pics there are 23rd july 12.00am midnight I have not been there in a long time and have.had my.fair share of punishment whts in that park is not to be messed with.
    The devils passage.is the hole in the wall that was a tower when the owner went to rhe top of that tower he could see the.hellfire.club from.it were he.went.on a regular baises.
    When up.there alone becareful and pray.they.dont follow you

• Advertisement

PaulieD wrote: »
    First thread, guys. So please, go easy on me. I have a big interest in the paranormal, but not very clued in on the subject. Anyways, heres my first and only experience. Maybe someone could explain it.

Yesterday we brought our two dogs for a walk, from Tallaght to Corcaigh Park. Wanted to tire the dogs out, they have been hyperactive of late.:o

We got to the park and I decided to check out the devils passage. I remember messing around there as a young fella and wanted to show the missus the odd looking tree. I didnt tell her the story behind the place, as I didnt want to freak her out. So, as we approached there was a JCB right outside, evidently there is some construction work going on.

We went in, and straight away I felt uneasy. A hard feeling to explain really. Like somebody or something was watching us. There was evidence of a campfire, but no beer cans strewn around, so not kids. Satanists? Anyway, I showed her the odd looking tree stump(Ive pics, if interested) and she said she didnt feel "right" and wanted to leave. The dogs normally pull on the lead and bring me on a walk as they explore, but this time they were staying by my side, sniffing the air. Part of me wanted to venture in, but the feeling of uneasiness turned into dread. I was petrified. So was she. She asked could we leave and we quickly left, not looking back.

After two minutes of leaving the passage, I felt alright again. The feeling of dread passed. She was as white as a ghost, shes normally quite tanned, she lit up a smoke and was shaking with fear. Neither of us could explain what happened, we were scared out of our wits for no apparent reason. We havent really talked about it. I uploaded some of the pictures from my phone, but she didnt want to see them, so I dropped the subject.

Ive heard some of the stories about the place, but these were from my schooldays. Probably urban myths. I feel weird posting this, might be going mad. But she experienced "something" too and she doesnt know the history of the place.

Basically my question to you more experienced guys and gals is, what exactly made me freak out in such a manner? I am normally quite calm and collected. An unusual and surreal experience to say the least. I am tempted to go back this evening by myself. Is this recommended?

*sorry for rambling
    hi there i know the place really well and the feellings of uneasy are true there is a presence up there and there is an evil that dates back centuries ive seen it.
    the story behind the tree is that one night about 25years ago there were three trees together and one got struck at the roots by fork lightening and since then it has survived.
    the council and their historian know that there is alot more to the park than the public know and few have found it out im one of them few that found out whats really in there.
    my best advice is to stay away from there only bad comes from that place satanists use the place from time to time to do their nasty work they do when finished they cover up their tracks and move on leaving no evidence.
    how i know all of this is that i both did research and also used to do card readings for people gave it up along time ago.
    the park itself was built on unconsecrated ground and on top of unmarked graves i told the council i told a priest they all laughed at me until they were digging up the park and making their ponds and what did they find.
    human remains children's clothing from years ago after they found out i was asked how i knew i just replied i was told and did not listen until they found the bodies.
    my advice do not go there especially at night time thats when they come sorry if im freakin ya out mate just givin ya a bit of the background and a warning not to go near that place its a place of pure evil

IrishAm wrote: »
    I am headed out this direction in an hour or two to show someone the baseball pitch.

Who or what is the black monk?:confused:

the black monk thats waht i call it its a tall dark shadow floating about two three feet off the ground and towering at 6-7ft tall with two dogs if it comes run this happens on rare occasions but if it does happen get out of there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

the black monk thats waht i call it its a tall dark shadow floating about two three feet off the ground and towering at 6-7ft tall with two dogs if it comes run this happens on rare occasions but if it does happen get out of there

Just wondering something, why run from a shadow?

I sometimes bring my dogs down to the park. Haven't experienced any ghouls yet - just underage drinkers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

This thread is quite interesting. Had a look at the 'floating' tree. The forms of these three trees are certainly very menacing and the way they're intertwined in such a demonic fashion would obviously seem unsettling. Definately interested in checking this place out, from a distance that is. Of course I've seen trees like this, it's quite normal. Also the fire mentioned could be due to people having a bonfire or something similarly innocuous. I don't think this place is haunted, it looks like an ordinary woodland area from the photos.

• Advertisement

Also the fire mentioned could be due to people having a bonfire or something similarly innocuous. I don't think this place is haunted, it looks like an ordinary woodland area from the photos.

Bawnogue housing estates are a few 100 meters up the road from the area. You would be more susceptible to encounter a cocaine riddled rave than a ghoul, late at night.

A kids body was also recently found in the lake near by.

http://www.thejournal.ie/body-recovered-lake-clondalkin-744016-Jan2013/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Interesting article here about the history of Corkagh House:

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/reading-room/history-heritage/architecture/pre-1850-houses-in-south-/clondalkin/corkagh-house/

A place with a lot of history, one wonders what secrets are buried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ste_clectic

Here is a pic of the 'floating' tree I took today.

http://s23.postimg.org/3m70j0eff/image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

Here is a pic of the 'floating' tree I took today.

http://s23.postimg.org/3m70j0eff/image.jpg[/QUOTE]
    says noting about the early gunpower factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keiji

Somebody had mentioned a black hound and a man. About three years ago I went on a walk with friends. It was 10pm and winter time. We were about to cross the bridge beside the devils passage and out of nowhere a huge hound (quite tall for a hound) jumped out of bushes and stared at us. My friends were creeped out but I came closer to pet it. I was 13 and didn't know a thing about the park. The dog got afraid? And he walked around me like if he was ignoring me and stared at my friends. Then a second later an old man didn't see his details since it was pitch black he didn't say anything just walked straight ahead and the dog followed him. We saw him walking the other direction and in blink of an eye he was gone. Do you's think this might be one of them evil things?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Keep taking those tablets me aul flower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Keiji wrote: »
    Somebody had mentioned a black hound and a man. About three years ago I went on a walk with friends. It was 10pm and winter time. We were about to cross the bridge beside the devils passage and out of nowhere a huge hound (quite tall for a hound) jumped out of bushes and stared at us. My friends were creeped out but I came closer to pet it. I was 13 and didn't know a thing about the park. The dog got afraid? And he walked around me like if he was ignoring me and stared at my friends. Then a second later an old man didn't see his details since it was pitch black he didn't say anything just walked straight ahead and the dog followed him. We saw him walking the other direction and in blink of an eye he was gone. Do you's think this might be one of them evil things?

My uncle has a massive Irish Wolfhound and regularly walks him up there at night,particularly around the baseball field area which is right beside that bridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

hello there im sorry that i have not been in here in a while been very busy so about the pics i put up if you look closely and carefully around the vegetation and the wall area of the photo you will see a face.
    also i understand that you all are sceptical of my theories and proof that i do have all i can say is if you want to see video that was made look up on youtube irritating movie creations or fintandetoment31 and my videos will appear in some cases the images that i have spoken of can not be seen please do try and take a look at the pic a little closer if you can zoom in and you will see it....
    i have a lot of information i would like to share with you all on the park hellfire club how they are connected even kilnamanagh this thing goes on forever you might as well say that not all is as it seems when you enter the dark alone...
    i was not alone i had a few others with me that saw stuff figures run through the forest and heard voices call their names.....
    HERE IS ANOTHER IMAGE only this time i circled the area...[IMG]file:///C:/Users/fintan/Desktop/New%20folder%20%282%29/CREEPY.gif[/IMG]:P

its just the rabbit out of alice in wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

I bring the dog for a ramble in the park most nights. The 'Devils Passage' seems to be closed off. Is it now private property or is it ok to go in for a gander?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Coolninja

THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE MAKING UP CRAZY **** ABOUT THIS PLACE IS INSANE. I ACTUALLY WENT TO DEVILS PASSAGE TODAY. I CAN ASSURE YOU THERES NOTHING THERE. JUST A FEW RABBITS AND SQUIRRELS. THE ONLY THING DEVILISH ABOUT THAT SIDE OF THE PARK ARE NETTLES AND PRICKLY THORNS . SHADOWUSER WHATEVER HIS NAME IS, IS MAKING UP STUPID STORIES TO TAKE A PISS OUT OF PEOPLE. ONCE AGAIN THERES NOTHING THERE I EVEN TOOK PICTURES OF IT. REALLY NOTHING THERE. JUST WATCH OUT FOR NETTLES AND STUPID THORNS. RIP MY LEG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Coolninja

JUST SO you know my friend and I ALMOST GOT INJURED TRYING TO FIND THE BLACK MONK you were talking about. There's so Manny nettles and thorns in that place. THOSE ARE THE DEVILS OF THAT AREA. YOU CAN CONTRACT FLESH EATING BACTERIA IF YOU GET PRICKED AND THEN IF YOUR WOUND GETS INFECTED. THANKS FOR TRYING TO PUT PEOPLES LIVES IN DANGER BY YOUR GHOST BULL****. AND THAT STUPID PARK DOESNT EVEN HAVE TOILETS SO YOU COULD GET A PROPER LOOK AT YOUR LEG. AND PLEASE FOR GODSAKE STOP SPREADING RUMOURS AND KEEP YOUR LIES TO YOURSELF IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR LIES SO MUCH MAYBE THERES A DEVIL INSIDE YOUR MIND AND ITS TIME YOU SEE A PSYCHOLOGIST. GEEZ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

eh?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maccored wrote: »
    eh?

Yea it would be cool if that ninja could locate the cap locks button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Visited this part of Corkagh yest. The council really should do it up and open it up to the public. Would make a nice picnic area. Only thing I encountered were empty beer cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Where exactly is this place? Is it boarded up now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

The wall past the baseball pitch, the gate on the right. The council now use it as a depot. Take a left at the wall there and walk into the trees.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Corkagh+Park/@53.3124369,-6.4207796,472m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670c4651ff03d7:0x753bea8f5588386b!8m2!3d53.3113286!4d-6.4120235

The symmetrical row of trees in this link is the area.

IIRC I think the council have plans to restore those walled gardens in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

HI ITS THE GHOST FROM DEVILS PASSAGE. WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL THE CLUMSY FECKER TO STOP WALKING IN MY NETTLES. THANKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

chat in here is like something out of the Devils Back Passage

Advertisement