Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

Sheedy staying on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Sheedy staying on

Once Liam Cahill decided to fly the nest, i think it was fairly obvious that the manager was going nowhere, but nice to see it confirmed 100% all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Kiladangan and Nenagh both through to the semis today. Reckon we could have 4 North teams in the semis this year, Kiladangan looking strongest so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

All North County semi final.
    Good weekend if you were backing favourites :)

https://twitter.com/BrophShane/status/1183426258715197442?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ompala wrote: »
    Kiladangan and Nenagh both through to the semis today. Reckon we could have 4 North teams in the semis this year, Kiladangan looking strongest so far.

Kiladangan v Nenagh and Kilruane v Borrisoleigh

Two very difficult games to call, Nenagh I believe were very impressive against Anacarthy but the two games against Clonoulty seemed to have taken alot out of Anacarthy. Shane Hennesy went off with another knee injury and would be a massive massive loss, they already have what I would consider a suspect full back line but to compound that by loosing Hennesy against probably the most prolific forward line in the county right now may prove a step too far, if Kiladangan get enough ball into Seymour, Paul Flynn and Tadgh Gallagher in the big open space of the stadium they should get them over the line - Kiladangan by 4 is my prediction.

Second game is equally tricky to call, Kilruane looked very sharp against Clonouly but I suspect just like Anacarthy - and Clonoulty had another 80 mins plus against Loughmore - they simply ran out of legs, Kilruane will need Niall O'Meara to win his appeal which I believe is supported by video evidence to win this one - to lose O'Meara and Cahill would be a bridge too far. Borrisoleigh had a great win against Drom and what was telling was the contribution of young Devaney in particular and Maher to a lesser extent, Borris need to take the pressure off Brendan Maher and need a few others to step up, so this was encouraging for them. Finding it really hard to seperate these two and alot as I say will depend on Niall O'Meara's availability. On the assumption he will be available I'll say Kilruane by 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

All North County semi final.
    Good weekend if you were backing favourites :)

https://twitter.com/BrophShane/status/1183426258715197442?s=19

Kiladangan inters won at 7/2. I'd imagine some of the locals had a bit of that.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Kiladangan inters won at 7/2. I'd imagine some of the locals had a bit of that.

They opened at 5/2 so wasn't much for them, from experience in a derby like this the betting is usually done in the pubs!

Pogue eile wrote: »

Two very difficult games to call, Nenagh I believe were very impressive against Anacarthy but the two games against Clonoulty seemed to have taken alot out of Anacarthy. Shane Hennesy went off with another knee injury and would be a massive massive loss, they already have what I would consider a suspect full back line but to compound that by loosing Hennesy against probably the most prolific forward line in the county right now may prove a step too far, if Kiladangan get enough ball into Seymour, Paul Flynn and Tadgh Gallagher in the big open space of the stadium they should get them over the line - Kiladangan by 4 is my prediction.

Second game is equally tricky to call, Kilruane looked very sharp against Clonouly but I suspect just like Anacarthy - and Clonoulty had another 80 mins plus against Loughmore - they simply ran out of legs, Kilruane will need Niall O'Meara to win his appeal which I believe is supported by video evidence to win this one - to lose O'Meara and Cahill would be a bridge too far. Borrisoleigh had a great win against Drom and what was telling was the contribution of young Devaney in particular and Maher to a lesser extent, Borris need to take the pressure off Brendan Maher and need a few others to step up, so this was encouraging for them. Finding it really hard to seperate these two and alot as I say will depend on Niall O'Meara's availability. On the assumption he will be available I'll say Kilruane by 2.

Any word on Niall O'Meara's appeal?

Also is there any hope for Jerome?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any word on Niall O'Meara's appeal?

Also is there any hope for Jerome?

NOM appeal is tommorrow night.

Can't see how Jerome could be right 7 days after coming off with a hamstring injury, but I guess stranger things have happened, I would have thought myself he is in a race against time for a potential county final.

Niall O'Meara's red card overturned and he is free to play on Sunday, huge boost to Kilruane. Feckin bookies were quick enough to move their line, now have it evs both teams took 6/5 on Kilruane before the appeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Sheedy staying on

that's probably bad news for the rest of us , but in truth himself mike ryan and eamon o'shea deserve so much credit for what they achieved both together and individually over the last 10 years

people talking about liam cahill i don't know... maybe a few years time the dynasty that's there at the moment shouldn't be broken in my opinion (in other words when sheedy steps down give eamon o'shea another year in charge )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

that's probably bad news for the rest of us , but in truth himself mike ryan and eamon o'shea deserve so much credit for what they achieved both together and individually over the last 10 years

people talking about liam cahill i don't know... maybe a few years time the dynasty that's there at the moment shouldn't be broken in my opinion (in other words when sheedy steps down give eamon o'shea another year in charge )

Don’t mean to patronise your post but........
    Every autumn there’s talk of the all Ireland winners an ‘dynasties’ and ‘multi year domination’ .
    I remember hearing this in 2010 initially regarding tipp, 2013 for Clare, Galway in ‘17, limerick in ‘18...
    It’s been a fair while since anyone has done 2 in a row bar the cats.
    I’d fancy limerick to be strong again, Galway too if they get it together, cork/Clare have huge potential, Wexford has us beat in the semi and I think Kilkenny are never too far away.
    Being objective about it, we weren’t too dominant in the first half against the cats, the semi v Wexford, were awful against limerick, and were deserving winners over cork and gave Clare a pasting.
    I think we almost stumbled into finding some our best lineup in the final. Kennedy never played better, while not playing much all year.
    Very open championship ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Fair points there. They did kind of stumble into the final line up, but i would still give sheedy enormous credit for the way he got round our obvious weaknesses at the back. Tipp has the best management team in the country. I doubt oshea would ever want to go on his own again but the likes of eoin kelly can get on the ladder and cahill will get experience down south.

Dont know can we defend title, not done it for over 50 years, but one thing for sure; we are in way better position than 2017. Who did we bring in that year apart from forde? Toss Hamill, Sean Curran, D Maher, Joe Dwyer. Not great. Next year youll have a glut of fellas knocking on the door: cadell, b mcgrath, b o'mara, j cahill, seymour, bowe, k o'dwyer, ger browne, thats just off top of my head. And how do you leave morris & kehoe off the team? Mark Kehoe is most exciting young player ive seen in years, well since john mcgrath anyway!

Not getting carried away mind. But we are in a half decent position compared to previous years.

Kiladangan the latest club to have two senior teams in Tipp after winning their sf today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Sneaky feeling for Nenagh tomorrow and fancy kilruane in the other. Should be two good games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

digzy wrote: »
    Don’t mean to patronise your post but........
    Every autumn there’s talk of the all Ireland winners an ‘dynasties’ and ‘multi year domination’ .
    I remember hearing this in 2010 initially regarding tipp, 2013 for Clare, Galway in ‘17, limerick in ‘18...
    It’s been a fair while since anyone has done 2 in a row bar the cats.
    I’d fancy limerick to be strong again, Galway too if they get it together, cork/Clare have huge potential, Wexford has us beat in the semi and I think Kilkenny are never too far away.
    Being objective about it, we weren’t too dominant in the first half against the cats, the semi v Wexford, were awful against limerick, and were deserving winners over cork and gave Clare a pasting.
    I think we almost stumbled into finding some our best lineup in the final. Kennedy never played better, while not playing much all year.
    Very open championship ahead.

I was actually on about the dynasty of coaching in the county rather then the team itself. Any chance of clare winning a second all ireland was ruined by bad man to man management

Tipperary were fairly rocked by a number of serious incidents that would have set some counties back years but good managed prevailed, and not just by one man running the show but 3 or 4 voices that the players have huge respect fot

I was actually on about the dynasty of coaching in the county rather then the team itself. Any chance of clare winning a second all ireland was ruined by bad man to man management

Tipperary were fairly rocked by a number of serious incidents that would have set some counties back years but good managed prevailed, and not just by one man running the show but 3 or 4 voices that the players have huge respect fot

After sheedy left the team we’re flying until the Dublin semi in 2011, wheels flew off in 2012 and the o Shea era was bar the 2014 final wasn’t great either. The team flopped after we won the 2016 final too....so badly very few saw us delivering last year.
    Essentially what I’m saying is that bar Kilkenny, it’s proven no side has dominated year after year. I hope I’m wrong and we do it again next year but will amateur players be able to go back to the well with the same vigour again.....

Looking at other sports continuity of a mgmt team hasn’t resulted in continuity of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,442 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sneaky feeling for Nenagh tomorrow and fancy kilruane in the other. Should be two good games.

15 quid in for a county senior double header it's good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

digzy wrote:
    Looking at other sports continuity of a mgmt team hasn’t resulted in continuity of success.

Alex Ferguson

Kiladangan V borriseigh in a fortnight so, kiladangan turned it on for 15 odd minutes in the second half V Nenagh and that was enough to see them over the line. Tight affair in the second game

• Advertisement

Alex Ferguson

Steve Mc claren! Ferguson picked moyes

Pogue eile wrote: »

First game went pretty much as predicted above, of the trio named it was Paul Flynn who did the damage this time.

Second game was a dour affair and the main difference was Conor Kenny steped up and dragged Borris over the line.

Semi finals are rarely an accurate barometer for the finals but based on yesterday and the year as a whole, Kiladangan should win their first ever county final. They also had a huge win in the Intermediate Semi and will have two senior teams next year, an incredible achievement for a rural club.

Yeah Connor Kenny was the difference alright I thought the name sounded familiar and he was indeed involved at intercounty level a few years back.

Think if kiladangan play like they did second half yesterday they will win the County but obviously all depends on the day.

klose wrote: »
    Yeah Connor Kenny was the difference alright I thought the name sounded familiar and he was indeed involved at intercounty level a few years back.

Think if kiladangan play like they did second half yesterday they will win the County but obviously all depends on the day.

Yeah himself and his brother transferred from Kildare a few years back - he is a serious man to win primary possession, but ultimately for county level his hurling is way too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

What went on with Cian Darcy at half time yesterday? Bizarre situation

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    What went on with Cian Darcy at half time yesterday? Bizarre situation

Got sick coming out of the tunnel for the second half, filled him up with sports drinks and he felt fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Donogh Maher announced retirement from inter county

Donogh Maher announced retirement from inter county

Good he held on for his medal anyway. Great servant to Tipp hurling. Didn't always start but similar to Foxy O'Brien he offered great competition to the other corner backs over the years. Best of luck to him.

Quinlivan obviously a big loss for Tipp next season. Having said that there's no reason why we can't go and win a senior B next year provided we can stay in Division 3.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Quinlivan obviously a big loss for Tipp next season. Having said that there's no reason why we can't go and win a senior B next year provided we can stay in Division 3.

Is he definitely gone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement