Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

• 18-06-2019 1:21pm

RIP Ana

Rot in hell, scum

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0617/1055781-ana-kriegel/

Mod

Please do not post information that identifies the perpetrators or their families, this will result in an immediate permanent ban, also do not ask to have the details pm'ed to you, evading court bans are illegal and we simply can't have that here. This applies until the court lifts the ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I am absolutely elated at the verdict.

What absolutely broke my heart was when Ana’s mother said that she knew something was wrong when she came home and learned that Ana had gone out with two boys, because in all the years of her life no one had ever called for her, no one had ever knocked in to ask her to play and she had no friends. The poor, poor girl.

Seeing her happy, smiley and absolutely beautiful face in all of the coverage has been just tragic. The whole thing just seems so absolutely senseless and pointless.
    What an absolute waste of three young lives.

Depressing to think that such young teenagers could be behind such brutality.

I think the prosecution summed it up well when they said in closing argument;
    “Boy A was like a child caught eating biscuits, with chocolate all around his mouth still insisting “no it wasn’t me”
    I would say the delay in deliberations was mostly due to boy B.

I don’t think I’ve ever willed a verdict to be the correct one as much as this in my life, RIP Ana. I’m thankful justice was served for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

They are reading out the findings on the radio now. I have purposefully avoided news about this trial for the most part and hearing the details now it's just horrible. Absolutely horrible. That poor girl.

Will they be named?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

RIP Anna

Rot in hell, scum

From what I read, it was the only conviction I could forsee.

R.I.P Ana. It was a pity your young new life in Ireland had to end so prematurely, so abruptly, and so needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've been following this and the details of the murder are horrific. It's mad to think that two boys were responsible for this.
    I'm glad the trial is over. It might bring a tiny bit of closure to her parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Also broke my heart about how she was adopted from Russia at the age of 2 and brought here for a better life. Poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bad enough to have murdered her but to add insult they lied through their teeth and their parents went along with it.

Adding lies upon lies. Nobody was fooled.

Awful to have put the victims parents and family through such a terrible trial

Shame on the murderers and also the parents of these scum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Will they be named?

Nah, never.

Will they be named?

Probably never. Despite what they did they are children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Priscilla Mushy Banner

Awful to have put the parents through such terrible trial

Shame on the parents of these scum

We don't know all of the details of these boys' background yet. That's a bit unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What sentences will they get as minors?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I can't imagine how heartbreaking a murder trial is for the victims family members.

RIP Ana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

If Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were pictured and named as James Bulger's killers, will this happen in Ireland?

They were only ten

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I listen to a lot of court reports on the way home in the evenings bit this sickened me like no other. They are some pair of evil scumbags and should never see the outside of a prison IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The sad things is they could easily be out and about by their 18 birthdays.

They'll definitely be free men in their 20s. If the trial information is anything to go by Boy A will do this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Gael23 wrote: »

They were tried as adults.

They'll get life, as is mandatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Those poor parents.

Fair play prosecution, a harrowing trial. Couldnt bring myself to read some of the reporting. How soneone could do that to another human.

One complaint. Fcukers should be identified, not to satisgy some purient interest of mine, but i want to see their lives ruined. This wasnt a childish prank gone wrong, a mistake, an error of judgement.

Gael23 wrote: »

Personally I have no idea. I don't think there has ever been a trial like this before. So I have no idea if they can even be jailed past their 18th birthday.

When is the sentencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Bit harsh to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭RoryMac

We don't know all of the details of these boys' background yet. That's a bit unfair.

I guess that comment was directed at the fact they put Ana's family through the trial when there was no defence put forward rather than the parents being responsible for the actions of the boys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Will they be named?

Publicly, No. they are minors.

Locally? Everyone know's who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,940 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

What was galling was the parents of these two by their side at court and both pleading not guilty.

Grayson wrote: »
    I've been following this and the details of the murder are horrific. It's mad to think that two boys were responsible for this.
    I'm glad the trial is over. It might bring a tiny bit of closure to her parents.

They should have been advised to plead guilty from the beginning. It is sickening that poor Ana’s entire teenage life had to be out there for all of us to see.

I just think that once she had moved on to college and away from whatever goes on in schools right now that she would have found real friends and grown into a wonderful woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Justice, thank god

What kind of sentencing is available to the judge against these 2 cretins now?

Can they ever be named? - is this something the judge could potentially decide? Or is there a constitutional barring?

Similar case in Scotland recently, judge decided to name the killer

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47330774

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hopefully they never see the outside world again, you can't cure that level of evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Only seemed one verdict possible. At least Ana and her parents got justice there.

I have teenage boys and I am shocked that boys their age would be capable and desiring of doing this awful crime. I actually feel for their families too. No one expects their 13 year old to do the likes of that.

They should have been advised to plead guilty from the beginning. It is sickening that poor Ana’s entire teenage life had to be out there for all of us to see.

I just think that once she had moved on to college and away from whatever goes on in schools right now that she would have found real friends and grown into a wonderful woman.

Considering the DNA evidence, especially against Boy A I have no idea why they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Bit harsh to be fair.

no, the parents knew they were guilty and allowed the bad legal advice to them both of pleading not guilty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Ana’s mother said that she knew something was wrong when she came home and learned that Ana had gone out with two boys, because in all the years of her life no one had ever called for her, no one had ever knocked in to ask her to play and she had no friends. The poor, poor girl.

Seeing her happy, smiley and absolutely beautiful face in all of the coverage has been just tragic.
    Ah Jaysus. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The foresenic details were horrendous. Poor Ana.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement