Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still very warm here for the time of night, almost 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just back home from the south of spain and pleasantly surprised to find its still dry and warm here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I’ll be back in cork city on Monday night from Tenerife, wonder how it’ll be haha. Assuming cooler and clouded then we Left with some light showers but I can still imagine that the grass will be burnt

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

In cork today there was cooling slightly. I was at a birthday party and it was warm enough in a back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Woke up this morning to rain, cant believe my eyes! Had forgotten what it looked like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

scottigael wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to rain, cant believe my eyes! Had forgotten what it looked like.

Same here in north cork . Great to see it back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Warm overcast morning here on the kildare/laois Border humidity up to 80 and 18c . Somehow last nights band of showers missed us and took off northeastward...
    Was really expecting to wake to rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hot rain in Limerick, nice to see it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Barely a sprinkling in North Dublin..

Grey and overcast though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Drizzly rain here this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Heavey consistent drizzle falling last few hours. Grass looking a small bit healthier already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Starting raining here at about 09.00 and stopped again after about twenty min's. Just enough to keep the dust down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Consistent bit of rain here now, its light but the ground needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It's getting confusing going from one thread to another here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's getting confusing going from one thread to another here.

I agree there are too many threads now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Consistent drizzle here in West Waterford since 8.30am this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

km79 wrote: »
    I agree there are too many threads now

Is it today the drought is ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Strongest rain I've heard in Cork city in a long time. It's still a drizzle...but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jennehy wrote: »
    Is it today the drought is ending?

The absolute drought is ending, as there is rainfall. However drought conditions will continue in most areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Guess it's time to close the doors on this spell of weather which for me personally was easily one of my favourite times in weather in my life so far (of course, Nov/Dec 2010 is the cherry on top). I think this was my best captured shot during the spell. It was taken on Bray Head on the evening of Sunday 24th June.

bT1uuel.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Raining now...:mad: first drop in many weeks. I know it’s badly needed but hate seeing the dry spell come to an end.
    Hopefully we will have another good run at it before end of summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

harr wrote: »
    Raining now...:mad: first drop in many weeks. I know it’s badly needed but hate seeing the dry spell come to an end.
    Hopefully we will have another good run at it before end of summer...

Don’t be fatalistic about it. The weather doesn’t end.... it’s mid July, plenty of time for more summer weather. The ideal scenario is to get a good soaking for a week and then have a nice Azores high build again! I know we live in a location we’re a weather pattern can become stuck, so seeing an Atlantic influence take hold again can mean we enter a longer period of unsettled weather. But 2018 seems to be the year that keeps giving.... lets hope for another omega block this summer and then an epic beasterly at the end of the year to cap an epic weather year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have my suspicions it rained in SW Dublin ! The paving slaps were suddenly damp for a few minutes and then dry again quickly . I see no other evidence of it at all !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it rained here a little bit earlier, the evidence still on the garden furniture.

Last night was very warm throughout and still feeling warmish right now despite the cloud and drizzle.

I am hoping for a few warm, sunny days around next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hasn't this thread run its course at this stage? There's at least four different threads on essentially the same thing at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

They should close it and put it as a sticky to remind us all in 20 years time what a good summer is really like.

It certainly would be a nice timeshot of the great spell of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah in fairness this has been an epic thread

• Registered Users Posts: 35,561 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Beautiful morning in SW Dublin today and a stillness about too , not a puff of wind . The birds are gone very quiet here which is odd
    Normally our garden would be full of birds, things had gone eerily quiet until this morning. It has rained most of last night and today here, and little robins and chaffinches are back at our door. They had just gone off the radar altogether.

So glad to see the rain today, plants getting a good soaking. I can smell the earth again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Guess it's time to close the doors on this spell of weather which for me personally was easily one of my favourite times in weather in my life so far (of course, Nov/Dec 2010 is the cherry on top). I think this was my best captured shot during the spell. It was taken on Bray Head on the evening of Sunday 24th June.

bT1uuel.jpg

Lovely shot. I was trying to remember what it's called when you shoot in to the sun.

Contre-jour??

Google has all the answers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement