Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

i like the idea, "celebrate their life" rather than "mourn their death" i think.
    wakes are also a big thing in dublin, i very rarely see them outside dublin.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2135055/kinahan-gang-to-be-investigated-by-fbi-and-dea-for-links-to-narco-terrorism-as-they-plot-joint-crackdown-on-mobs-multimillion-euro-smuggling-operations/

FEDS ON CASE Kinahan gang to be investigated by FBI and DEA for links to narco terrorism as they plot joint crackdown on mob’s multimillion euro smuggling operations
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation hosted gardai in January after being told of the Irish mob’s links to narco terrorism last year, while the DEA is also to launch a probe

THE lethal Kinahan gang is now in the sights of two US law enforcement agencies.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation hosted gardai in January after being told of the Irish mob’s links to narco terrorism last year.

Drug Enforcement Administration officers have visited Ireland to plot a joint crackdown on Christy and Daniel Kinahan and their multimillion euro smuggling operations.

Both agencies are expected to step up their work with the Garda’s Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau, with more meetings already planned this year.

It is understood the FBI and DEA investigations were initially launched over ­the Kinahan gang’s links to Colombian narco terrorists.

Their interest heightened after Dubliner Joe ‘Packie’ Moore, 55, was strangled with shrink wrap near Medellin last May.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2134999/derek-bottler-devoy-ruled-out-as-suspect-in-murder-of-jason-molyneux-thanks-to-a-cup-of-tea/
    DEREK ‘Bottler’ Devoy has been ruled out as a suspect in the murder of Jason Molyneux — thanks to a cup of tea.

The gangland thug was having a brew at his home in Ballymun, north Dublin, when ‘Buda’ was killed.

edit, the important question, what brand of tea does "bottler" drink?

Interesting development with the FBI getting involved, I alluded to that in an earlier post that it would make sense for the guards to talk to them as they would have vast experience in dealing with large criminal organizations, it’s unreal to think of how global the kinahans have become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

It's the done thing having a wake in the west. I'd say it's abnormal not having one.

I've never experienced one! Can you simply describe a typical wake to me?
    Interesting development with the FBI getting involved, I alluded to that in an earlier post that it would make sense for the guards to talk to them as they would have vast experience in dealing with large criminal organizations, it’s unreal to think of how global the kinahans have become.

Another few posters tipped on the subject too. lnterpol(is European intelligence?) and English police forces along with American FBI and DEA. They're bigger than the RA. FFS.

The don was killed because he took liberties and lifes.

Their downfall will come, from their lust for revenge and vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

What are you basing this on?

Facts.

What are you basing this on?

Facts. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Steviesol wrote: »
    Facts.

and those facts are?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Another few posters tipped on the subject too. lnterpol(is European intelligence?) and English police forces along with American FBI and DEA. They're bigger than the RA. FFS.

No, Interpol is like an International police liaison officer. It's based in Lyon, France but isn't a European organisation, it's a global police facilitator but has no powers of arrest itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Europol are watching the Kinahans in an official capacity since November. Since Vega was arrested.
    But they must have been monitoring them before that anyway, as Vega's plane was bugged and they were watching the feud in the Netherlands. There's no way the Kinahans didn't appear on their radar a number of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The media are saying the main men on one side are about to be turfed out of Dubai. Apparently you need some clearance certificate to get a work permit there now.

Do you need a work permit to simply live there, or are they ok once they don't have to seek employment?

and those facts are?

Those facts are that The Special Criminal Court is an illegal entity in Europe, google it.

pablo128 wrote: »
    The media are saying the main men on one side are about to be turfed out of Dubai. Apparently you need some clearance certificate to get a work permit there now.

Do you need a work permit to simply live there, or are they ok once they don't have to seek employment?
    Yeah saw that, but in the article i saw (linked it on post #799) it says that the new law is that if they want to stay there, they must not have a criminal record. They also require a work certificate to stay there legally, but I would imagine that the criminals they are trying to kick out would find it very easy to get their hands on a work certificate. They could probably provide one from their own businesses over there.
    I think it said Daniel Kinahan (who has no convictions that would be big enough to get him kicked out) is expected he would not be deemed suitable to live there, or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Those facts are that The Special Criminal Court is an illegal entity in Europe, google it.

on what basis is it illegal? Are you confusing the EU with the UNHCR that have criticised the special criminal court?

Here are some reports on the new 'good conduct certificate'.
    But i doubt any of the Kinahans will be looking for employment over there.
    Would they fall under the exempt 'Tourist' category, or could they get sponsorship in exchange for $1m?
    http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/government/all-you-need-to-know-about-conduct-certificate-rule-for-new-job-visas-in-the-uae-1.2154243
    “The security screening of job candidates means that they will have to produce good conduct certificates from their home countries, or the country, or countries, of their residence for work, or study, for the past five years,” an official source told Gulf News on Tuesday.
    The screening is applicable only to new work visas.
    https://www.thenational.ae/uae/how-to-obtain-a-good-conduct-certificate-ahead-of-uae-s-new-work-visa-regulations-1.694407
    What are the new regulations?
    All residents seeking a new work visa will from February need a “good conduct and behaviour certificate” covering the last five years.
    Who will be affected?
    Those seeking a UAE work visa.
    What is the aim of the certificate?
    To help safeguard the country's national security and ensure a safe living environment.
    Who is exempt?
    Sponsored family members and tourists.
    If I am already living in the UAE, do I still need to apply for a certificate?
    It was announced that the rules would apply to every new visa. Long-term residents of the UAE seeking a new visa can apply to Dubai Police or Abu Dhabi Police for a certificate.
    What if I have been living outside my country of citizenship before arriving in the UAE?
    You will still need to get a certificate from the country you have been resident in.
    https://www.thenational.ae/uae/deportation-from-the-uae-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-system-1.696480
    Drug dealing, sexual assault and violence - all crimes that carry an almost automatic deportation order.
    The practice is one of the many tools used by the courts to keep the country safe.
    And while the thousands of new residents who arrive in the UAE to work, live and educate their children are largely law abiding, for those that commit a serious crime, ejection is swift.
    Here The National looks at how deportation works, and why it is used.
    “Deportation rids the community of social menace,” said Judge Ahmed Ibrahim Saif, head of Dubai Civil Court and the former chief justice of Dubai Criminal Court.

There are two types of deportation – legal and administrative.
    The first follows a conviction in a criminal case and is issued by a panel of judges in court.
    This type of deportation is mandatory and would be used against those who have committed types of sexual assault or rape, for example.
    The second is issued by the Ministry of Interior and the bodies related to it, such as the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and the Ministry of Labour.
    It is discretionary and issued against individuals who are thought to be a threat to public safety and welfare.
    After any deportation, the name of the person concerned is added to a banned list, so officials are aware of who is not allowed to re-enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

and those facts are?

No it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I've never experienced one! Can you simply describe a typical wake to me?
    The body is laid out in their house or close family members house and never left alone basically. It sometimes goes on two nights but normally just one. Lots of prayers, reminiscing, chatting, drinking tea and alcohol, and hang sangwiches. I've seen one with a sing song too. Its a nice way for family and close friends to say goodbye before the public funeral. Sorry about the off topic.

Would the main drugs gang in the North West associated with cartel or Hutchs?

The body is laid out in their house or close family members house and never left alone basically. It sometimes goes on two nights but normally just one. Lots of prayers, reminiscing, chatting, drinking tea and alcohol, and hang sangwiches. I've seen one with a sing song too. Its a nice way for family and close friends to say goodbye before the public funeral. Sorry about the off topic.

Would the main drugs gang in the North West associated with cartel or Hutchs?

most likely kinahans, even though its not directly threw their connections but there's a lot of other gangs rubbing their hands with glee, at all the attention the kinahans are getting now.

Anyone can get or sell drugs without money, you just have to be ruthless is demanding money and mix your drugs to maximize profits which are huge.

education, part legislation and quality lab tested drugs (like pharmaceutical) is another stick to beat drugs gangs with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

No, you made the claim, you google it. Then come back and prove your claim to us. Until then I'll just assume you are making it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Man arrested in connection with Eddie hutch murder https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0205/938489-hutch-arrest/

Man arrested in connection with Eddie hutch murder https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0205/938489-hutch-arrest/

it looks like the guy, pictured trying to remove graffiti about him two weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

KM792 wrote: »
    Michael O'Toole just on the late late having his say...
    As regards the Kinahan brothers,do they both reside in Dubai?Even with all that money it cannot be considered a good quality of life,if you are constantly looking over your shoulder and never quite living a "normal" life,are they ever spotted in public(shops,restaurants,etc?)
    I remember seeing a photo posted to twitter last year of Daniel Kinahan in a London pub with Tyson Fury..hard to imagine you would walk into a bar and find him sitting having a drink..

In Dubai they live a pretty normal life. It's not the easiest place you're gonna be able to do a hit from the other side.
    There are a few photos of them in Europe, Amsterdam too for sure.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2140462/family-and-friends-of-david-byrne-pay-tribute-to-gangster-on-second-anniversary-of-his-death-by-placing-bouquets-on-his-grave/

"HOOD REMEMBERED Family and friends of David Byrne pay tribute to gangster on second anniversary of his death by placing bouquets on his grave."

i actually forgot today was the second anniversary of the regancy.

• Advertisement

That is probably the only rag out of all of them, that would run a story like that.

Suckit wrote: »
    That is probably the only rag out of all of them, that would run a story like that.

i didn't even check the name, i was stumped to learn today is regancy anniversary.
    every paper has dropped the gangland theme except the the sun since the two murders, even twitter is quite light for info, probably because of the trial schedule to resume Wednesday.

Yeah, i meant rather than citing the regency shootings, they ran the story about the anniversary of David Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

True, but it tells another story as well, the one that shows just how much money is available to these thugs.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Why is Mr big never named in the media considering he's been in court a few times and is known? Libel?

Why is Mr big never named in the media considering he's been in court a few times and is known? Libel?

Another trial, might be a retrial from the one he was acquitted of.

Another trial, might be a retrial from the one he was acquitted of.

I don't think he was acquitted, the Jury were discharged.

I don't think he was acquitted, the Jury were discharged.

As usual you're right.

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/960647378020851714?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E0

That guy is on the ball, all family members names there, does anyone know if bomber is back in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

it looks like the guy, pictured trying to remove graffiti about him two weeks ago.

Not him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement