Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Can't find me fecking glasses. Dunno where I left them somewhere in house have resorted to a real old pair. Have me nose to the screen. Jayus.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My local shop has stopped stocking Manhattan Cheese and Onion crisps. As everyone knows, they are the best crisps in the world, so it’s disappointing and annoying that more places don’t stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭4Ad

New Home wrote: »
    Nope, that's not it at all. Nothing to do with search. It changes the text ftom tHIS to this to THIS to This.

I'm really sorry for your loss and for the additional heartbreak of not being able to be there to say goodbye, 4Ad.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I used to be a member of Westwood gym in Fairview Dublin many years ago. Well over 10 years ago anyway

People would slit throats to get a space by the door. There was other parking and there was overflow parking too at the train station next door but still car drivers would take the motorcycle bay or other spaces they shouldn't to get by the door

You are going to the gym ?!? :confused:

Haha always used to make me laugh as well - was real dog eat dog. Problem was it was too much of a hassle for them to go to other carpark - sitting in queue instead/trapped in queue as would have to double back. Terrible layout in fairness.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

New Home wrote: »
    Nope, that's not it at all. Nothing to do with search. It changes the text ftom tHIS to this to THIS to This.

Ah yes, I was trying it on any highlighted text. I see it now, and it shall be used!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Eskie wrote: »
    Pivot!

I really think Friends missed a chance, there. Ross should've bought a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My local shop has stopped stocking Manhattan Cheese and Onion crisps. As everyone knows, they are the best crisps in the world, so it’s disappointing and annoying that more places don’t stock them.

It’s mad that they aren’t more popular. They really are super nice. Can you get those in supermarkets here ? I remember keeping an eye out before but I’ve only ever seen those in pubs. My local had them ages ago but went back to King.

Online I can only find them on the Manhattan site... various bag offers..

https://manhattan.ie/shop-online-popcorn-peanuts/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Like any normal person,, I went outside for a bit of fresh air at 2.25am. Weirdly, my garden was full of slugs and I was in my bare feet. What's the deal with someone not being able to go into their garden without squelshy slugs wrecking their head?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wear shoes when you're outside, ya damn hippy!

But yeah, I see evidence of them every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Stepping a few metres into my garden without footwear is hardly subversively hippyish! :D

Now my trivial annoyance is my tablet not recognising my existence. The printer in work doesn't either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You really have to tweak recipes.I find the tomato sauce ones especially always taste of tomato sauce.Nothing special.Until you add a bit more garlic,sugaar,salt.You just have to do it to your taste.Trial and error.

And i always find one of the Knorr stock cubes gives a nice finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

I flinch a little every time I hear "wet pub"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

dubstarr wrote: »
    You really have to tweak recipes.I find the tomato sauce ones especially always taste of tomato sauce.Nothing special.Until you add a bit more garlic,sugaar,salt.You just have to do it to your taste.Trial and error.

And i always find one of the Knorr stock cubes gives a nice finish.
    I meant to add stock instead of water , and a bay leaf. You can’t go wrong with a bay leaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Conjures up images of toilets at 0130 swimming in piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Moist ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Like any normal person,, I went outside for a bit of fresh air at 2.25am. Weirdly, my garden was full of slugs and I was in my bare feet. What's the deal with someone not being able to go into their garden without squelshy slugs wrecking their head?

Obviously loving the damp, dull summer we had. There were millions in the garden when I moved into my house, beer traps sorted them. At least they will die happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

it funny, that, when i hear the expression i think of a pub with a floor covered in piss UGH! ( no unknown in old ireland ! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Had an exhausting day at work and now we're sitting here unable to hear our own tv over the neighbours...again. Honestly, they've made our lives misery with their noise since moving in 9 months ago. Loud music and blaring tv including all day last Christmas day. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Rte one and their never ending bucket of doom. Just sat and watched two hours of TV with my elderly dad who would worry about stuff he sees on telly. An hour of the news, covid covid covid, followed by nationwide, a look at the effects of covid on tourism, followed by ecoeye and a reminder that climate change is here and anyone who survives covid will either drown or die in a forest fire.

I know these are important issues but would it hurt to try and make people smile every now and again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Constant picking as I prepare dinner means I'm not actually hungry when it's ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people who can't get the hint "please leave me alone".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Archeron wrote: »
    Rte one and their never ending bucket of doom. Just sat and watched two hours of TV with my elderly dad who would worry about stuff he sees on telly. An hour of the news, covid covid covid, followed by nationwide, a look at the effects of covid on tourism, followed by ecoeye and a reminder that climate change is here and anyone who survives covid will either drown or die in a forest fire.

I know these are important issues but would it hurt to try and make people smile every now and again?

It might be good to try to distract him. Some channels show old favourites, repeats of old series, for example, that might help.
    All the doom and gloom would drag anyone down especially if he is a worrier anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

People who drive with the palm on the steering wheel action.

You're not driving a forklift with one of those little turning knobs you numpty.

How does it work in hot weather with sweaty plams? Accident waiting to happen I tells you :pac:

OH told me it's him or the dog. I told him the dog wins, which he wasn't expecting. TA a grown man sulking all evening. Sigh... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

This is more than a TA. Reading about the suffering in Yemen and how small babies and toddlers are dying of hunger, that situation has gone on for far too long. I made a small donation to Unicef but really no one should be starving to death in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

TA it's supposed to be 22 degrees here today yet right now it's overcast and quite chilly out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This sounds mean.
    However do you know when you encounter an individual and your nice to them and you’ve a chat with them and you might meet somewhere casually in a group and they think they are automatically your best friends.

My friend is texting me asking if I can go out next weekend for my birthday. It's so sweet of her to arrange something but I just don't feel comfortable going out at the moment. I don't know how to tell her, it feels so mean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Antares35 wrote: »
    My friend is texting me asking if I can go out next weekend for my birthday. It's so sweet of her to arrange something but I just don't feel comfortable going out at the moment. I don't know how to tell her, it feels so mean :(

I wouldn't sweat over it, just explain your position and tell her how much you appreciate it. I have found among my group of friends that we have had different levels of comfort in what we could/ should do at different times over the last six months

• Advertisement

My mother just excitedly announced, "I see we are going into lockdown tomorrow". No mother, we are not going into lockdown tomorrow. She also gets all of her news from Facebook, sitting there mindlessly scrolling and every so often shouting out a prophecy of doom. She doesn't realise her own liking and sharing is propagating an entire world that validates and reaffirms her own thoughts process. I swear she fúckin enjoys the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement