Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot read this

• 23-08-2019 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hello all. I really need your help, if I may please.
    I cannot read the name of this cemetery and the image is as good as I can get. That is the way it is in the online newspaper images. It is from the Cork Examiner, 23/07/1920. Can you read the name please?
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,539 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

It looks like Ballymote Cemetery. Queenstown could be Cobh in Co Cork and St Colman's is in Cobh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Kirby, On July 21st at Seaview, Queenstown. Late R.N. John Kirby, son of the late Maurice, to the inexpressible grief oh his (can't read) sisters and brothers. Fumeral from St Colmans Cathedral on this day (Friday) at X o'clock, for Ballymoate cemetery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thank you for your help. Try as I might I cannot find any cemetery that comes close to that spelling in Cork though.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

stoneill wrote: »
    Kirby, On July 21st at Seaview, Queenstown. Late R.N. John Kirby, son of the late Maurice, to the inexpressible grief oh his (can't read) sisters and brothers. Fumeral from St Colmans Cathedral on this day (Friday) at X o'clock, for Ballymoate cemetery

Can’t read = mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

enfield wrote: »
    Thank you for your help. Try as I might I cannot find any cemetery that comes close to that spelling in Cork though.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Ballymore Cemetery also known as Templerobin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Ballymore?

Edit, As above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thank you Tiki, that clinches it.
    Fantastic.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.