Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engineering Jobs Available

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Irishjobs.ie
    ie.indeed.com
    RecruitIreland
    Jobs.ie
    JobsIreland.ie

are pretty much the main ones in Ireland, GradIreland for recent grads too.

http://www.nijobfinder.co.uk/
    http://www.nijobs.com/

for Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

Hi,

Just wondering did anyone here apply to the Office of Public Works recently for the open competition for the position of Engineer Grade III (Civil). This competition was for 8 positions to be based in either Trim, Headford or Limerick. The jobs were advertised on the publicjobs.ie website.

Has anyone been offered an interview with the OPW as I believe the interviews were to be held in late July, early August.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Halcrow Barry are looking for a Resident Engineer for a Road Construction Project in Donegal for the next 12 months. The role would be suitable for a Chartered Engineer with 7 to 12 years experience. PM for further details.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just saw this on indeed

Product Designer - Paid Internship
    Cognikids - Dublin
    Internship

http://ie.indeed.com/cmp/Cognikids/jobs/Product-Designer-06518671494a0baf?q=Cad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Tails142

Waterways Ireland Engineer - Operations, Dublin

http://www.waterwaysireland.org/Pages/Job-Vacancy-Details.aspx?job-id=54

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Tails142

Waterways Ireland Engineer - Operations, Dublin

http://www.waterwaysireland.org/Pages/Job-Vacancy-Details.aspx?job-id=54

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

If anyone has the following:

"Faculty Position in Supply Chain Management
    Requirements include a PhD in supply chain management, operations management, business or a related discipline. Relevant experience in industry, applied research or coordination of international research projects is a must. Spanish language skills are desirable."

drop me a PM and I'll forward you further info.

Edit: On second reading it looks like I'm a recruiter or something........I'm not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Wanted: 2 x Mechanical Engineers, 1 x Electronic Engineer

Contract Position for Program of Defined Projects, Estimated Minimum Duration 12 Months

Role with Large Irish Medical Device Multinational Company Based in Galway

Diverse role as part of a strong multidisciplinary R&D team. Supporting a portfolio of complex Electro-Mechanical Medical Devices. Looking for a technically strong engineer, comfortable with learning new products and leading in problem solving environment. Project Management & Medical Device experience an added bonus. For these roles an ability to get up to speed quickly is essential as the projects are time-sensitive.

PM for more details.

Wanted: 2 x Mechanical Engineers, 1 x Electronic Engineer

Contract Position for Program of Defined Projects, Estimated Minimum Duration 12 Months

Role with Large Irish Medical Device Multinational Company Based in Galway

Diverse role as part of a strong multidisciplinary R&D team. Supporting a portfolio of complex Electro-Mechanical Medical Devices. Looking for a technically strong engineer, comfortable with learning new products and leading in problem solving environment. Project Management & Medical Device experience an added bonus. For these roles an ability to get up to speed quickly is essential as the projects are time-sensitive.

PM for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Folks, this may not be exactly the place for this, but one of you may know of something for me. There's nothing really here in Sligo and I don't want to live in Dublin, so agencies don't want to have much to do with me.

I was a business analyst, lead trainer, and database admin for the engineering product database for a 60K+-employee multinational oilfield engineering company. I have some project management experience. I love to work with engineers and I'm an engineering student now (since everyone told me, dammit, go be an engineer, you groupie, lol). I don't necessarily want to work in the oil industry again, but that's where my experience lies. I'm an American with Stamp 4 Spouse of an Irish National permission to work in Ireland, and have previously held a Tier 2 visa in the UK. My husband is a dual Irish/UK citizen. We are willing to relocate. If you have a lead, I'd appreciate it very much if you'd let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

This might be a bit out there but Deutsche Bahn are looking for 600 engineers this year.
    In particular Civil and Electronic, all across the country but in particular Baden-Württemberg (130 places), Hessen (100), Bayern (80), Nordrhein-Westfalen (65), and Sachsen (40).
    There's a website here and some of it seems to be in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ward Automation

Due to continued expansion, Ward Automation invites applications for a range of exciting technical roles at facilities in Galway and Sligo.

Wanted:

• 1 x Mechanical Engineers
    • 1 x Electronic Engineer

Contract Position for Program of Defined Projects, Initial Duration 12 Months

Role with Large Irish Medical Device Multinational Company Based in Galway, focus on Operational Excellence Projects, product optimization, continuous improvements, cost reductions. A good opportunity to gain experience in the MedDev industry.

Diverse role as part of a strong multidisciplinary R&D team. Supporting a portfolio of complex Electro-Mechanical Medical Devices. Looking for technically strong engineers, comfortable with learning new products and leading in problem solving environment. Project Management & Medical Device experience an added bonus. For these roles an ability to get up to speed quickly is essential as the projects are time-sensitive.

PM for more details.

Halcrow Barry are looking for a Site Agent for a Road Construction Project in Donegal for the next 3 months. The role would be suitable for an experienced individual with 10 to 12 years experience. PM for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

Hey guys,

I'm working with an engineering company that requires a 3D model to be build of an existing physical machine.

The machine is located in Longford and is accessible for measuring / photographing. Attractive lump sum rate for right candidate.

If your interested in the job or know someone who might be please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Hi Folks,
    Galway based medical device company looking for Materials Engineers/Metallurgist:

Education & Experience
    • 2-8 years’ experience in a Medical Process Development or Manufacturing Environment
    • Minimum of a primary degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy

Specific Requirements
    • Familiar with use of SEM, XRD, EDS. EBSD, FIB and DSC equipment and techniques including sample preparation
    • Very familiar with metallic material failure mechanisms
    • Fully conversant with properties of metallic materials especially those with higher corrosion resistance

PM for contact details if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Hi Folks,
    We've two (maybe three) posts to fill in CREST in DIT:
    Materials Scientist on an SRA Scale (Irish Job link)
    Marketing Executive (Link with knowledge of engineering sector if possible)

More details on the DIT recruitment Portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭minnow

New mine starting up in Quin, Co. Clare. I assume that they will need some engineers:

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.irishexaminer.com/business/2000-jobs-on-cards-at-clare-mine-430793.html?client=ms-android-wiko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Experienced Fire Engineers wanted. New Zealand. Flights, visas sorted. Double the money you are probably on in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Kavanagh Mansfield are looking for a structural engineer with 3 to 5 years experience.

The job is advertised on engineers Ireland employment listing.

Excellent company and nice people. Lots of different projects, no pigeonhole...... I worked there for 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

I'm looking for someone who could do laser engraving on a small piece piece of stainless steel for me.
    Also I need very simple engraving on tiny piece of wood.

Dublin area preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

CH2M with offices in Tallaght and Dundrum are seeking talented individuals to fill the following roles

Principal Transport Planner/Senior Project Manager
    Senior Water PM
    Environment Lead
    Transport Planner mid-level
    Transport Planner graduate
    Highways Designer

If interested in discussing further, PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭onrail

Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd. are actively recruiting for several positions in Civil/Environmental Engineering and Environmental Science/Geology at a number of locations in New Zealand.

https://www.pdp.co.nz/careers/

Typically, a generous relocation allowance will be paid on top of a market-leading salary.

I've been out here for 6 months, and can't rate the country nor the employer highly enough.

If interested, give me a PM with CV and I can chat through everything you need to make the move!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have a position coming up for a Grad with 2 years experience in the civil engineering/transport planning sector.

Office based in Dublin City centre.

PM for details

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Some detail on the job

DESCRIPTION
    Civil Engineer currently required to join a medium sized & highly respected engineering consultancy in Dublin. This consultancy offers a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your career. Send a cv or call Caroline for a confidential discussion.

Civil Design Engineer (2 – 3 years):

Civil Engineer with 2 – 3 years’ experience required to join a multidiscipline engineering consultancy in Dublin. The successful Civil Engineer will work on a range of civil engineering infrastructure works for a range of development projects ranging in size and complexity across Ireland/UK.

Role:

Civil Engineers will work as part of a 5 or 6 person team which will have responsibility for 8 or 10 projects, bringing them from planning through scheme design, detail design, and construction. Will include opportunities for construction monitoring of the works on site. Ideally you will have some experience in some of the following areas (traffic assessment, road design, parking and access, pedestrian and cyclist facility planning and design, drainage design including pipe networks, pumping stations, SuDS implementation, water supply networks, flood risk assessment).

Requirements:

Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent.
    The successful Civil Engineer will need 2 – 5 years + post graduate experience in civil design.
    Good report writing and presentation skills, good communication skills, team working – most of our projects involve working with architects, planners, project managers and others, as well as our in-house structural, M&E and PSDP teams.
    Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland

Salary + Benifits:

Commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience benefits

If you are a Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv

Senior Resident Engineer/ Resident Engineer positions coming up for Road Schemes on N59 Galway , Sligo Town and on Dublin Airport Second Runway

Send your CV if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭minnow

Senior/Lead Piping engineer with 15+ O&G experience for a 28/28 agency position in Kazakhstan (onshore). Emphasis on brownfield & detailed design for minor modifications. Managing small team and external contractor.
    If you are interested or know anyone who fits the bill and may be interested, please message me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 marcmorrow

Crowley Carbon are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer

About Us
    At Crowley Carbon, we provide intelligent solutions for energy efficiency and have grown in expertise to become the foremost multi-disciplinary energy services company. Our client base is from the industrial, commercial and retail sectors and we engage in designing innovative energy efficient solutions tailored specifically to each client through examining and modelling their existing processes and equipment in order to implement energy conservation measures.

This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to enter into or further their career in the rapidly growing energy services field.

The Opportunity
    Work globally with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, IT, automation and instrumentation to contribute to concept designs, detailed designs, project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
    Evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all regional, national and international regulations, standards and codes are being met throughout the project life cycle
    Generate design specifications, detailed scope of work documents, test protocols and test reports for a wide range of industrial and commercial electrical applications including plant upgrades, motor upgrades (including VSD and Fixed Speed Motor Controller installation and integration)
    Lead the development of internal electrical engineering standards and procedures
    Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved
    Review and approval of electrical related deliverables (designs, proposals, scope of works etc.) generated within Crowley Carbon and also those generated by external partner companies and individuals
    Develop and supervise robust site survey procedures to allow both concept stage and detailed design stage design and pricing.
    Mentor junior colleagues

Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
    Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters of Science degree preferred)
    7+ years of electrical engineering design experience
    Experience with control systems integration.
    This position will be based in Crowley Carbon’s Powerscourt House office in Enniskerry, Co Wicklow. The role will occasionally involve international travel to customer sites

Advertisement