Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bobby Kerr Businessman on Newstalk.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

He seems like a nice man.

But he has not got a voice for radio.

he really didn't sound well - i listen to him often - today he was different - like he was really struggling to breath and speak .. hope he's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

sporina wrote: »
    he really didn't sound well - i listen to him often - today he was different - like he was really struggling to breath and speak .. hope he's ok

I believe he’d slept in a tent in his back garden the night before for charity.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

Sky King wrote: »
    I would forgive Mr. Kerr given that his background is business and not broadcasting. Also, Newstalk is privately owned and so they can hire who they like, pretty much.

I have a serious problem with the many MANY broadcasters on the state funded RTE who have a brutal grasp of basic grammar and pronunciation though.

It can't be that hard to get people who can speak properly can it?

And getting worser

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

A millionaire business man on the payroll of Denis o brien sleeps in a fancy tent for 1 night for charity. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Always liked and respected him.
    Mightn't have a voice for radio, but I'd rather hear business news and nuggets from the horses mouth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A millionaire business man on the payroll of Denis o brien sleeps in a fancy tent for 1 night for charity. Lol.

Business world showing solidarity with the charadee industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

He was a successful business man who sold his business and i presumed he looked after his staff as i havent seen any bad mouthing of him from past employees (open to correction) Its not his fault that DoB controls a lot of the media outside of RTE, he got an opportunity and like most good business men and women, took it. Seems to have a genuine love of radio and sure he may not be as polished as a Matt Cooper but do we want more of his type on the radio?
    He sleeps out every year and publishes it heavily, i say give him a break, he's had a tough few years

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

omerin wrote: »
    He was a successful business man who sold his business and i presumed he looked after his staff as i havent seen any bad mouthing of him from past employees (open to correction) Its not his fault that DoB controls a lot of the media outside of RTE, he got an opportunity and like most good business men and women, took it. Seems to have a genuine love of radio and sure he may not be as polished as a Matt Cooper but do we want more of his type on the radio?
    He sleeps out every year and publishes it heavily, i say give him a break, he's had a tough few years

That was a text he read out on his show yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

An awful croaky voice but he seems a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He seems like a nice man.

But he has not got a voice for radio.

he does have a face and head for one though

• Advertisement
Advertisement