Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

'The Nev' hasn't been spotted in a few weeks. Heard his car (Ford Orion 1988 - Chocolate Brown colour) has been parked outside the parochial house down in Kinvara. Must be 'cocooning' with Fr. Phelim 'Belter' Madden.

Or getting "Latin lessons" . Always a "giveaway" at the "Monastery" of Nenagh CBS. Thankfully the guards eventually caught up with "Brother Creepy Creevey"
    Google him.
    Are they the ones who say they’re “descended” from seals? Strange, dark, folk out that way. Think some of those Coneeleys took part in the Plantation of Meath.

Ask Blaithnaid O Coffey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Cod liver oil E, nothing bates it. The old man was a staunch beetroot man for the same reasons, never saw the evidence so couldn't comment.
    Mind you the ma would be up early the morning after serving such boiled beetroot, who says they don't know us best wha?

After that, no good advice, nowt worse than a dehydrated ****e.

Would but I had it, T. I’m actually a big “fan” of cod liver oil, Nana Spiceland would force a table soon of the stuff down you whenever we were over at her place. Hated it at the time but it grew on me.

If I ever have the capsules I make sure to pop two in and bite down on them straight away. You know it’s working when you get a whiff after a “slick” release on the pot.

Andrew’s Liver Salts would be another “go to”, settles the tum tum and gets things moving if you throw in a few extra scoops.

The tide is turning…

Would but I had it, T. I’m actually a big “fan” of cod liver oil, Nana Spiceland would force a table soon of the stuff down you whenever we were over at her place. Hated it at the time but it grew on me.

If I ever have the capsules I make sure to pop two in and bite down on them straight away. You know it’s working when you get a whiff after a “slick” release on the pot.

Andrew’s Liver Salts would be another “go to”, settles the tum tum and gets things moving if you throw in a few extra scoops.

This. As they say.

Had a German mate over 10 years ago. He'd never heard of Andrews before then. I send him over a can every few months.

Great stuff to "clear the system" . His words. Not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

sligojoek wrote: »

This. As they say.

Had a German mate over 10 years ago. He'd never heard of Andrews before then. I send him over a can every few months.

Great stuff to "clear the system" . His words. Not mine.

There was the story of two lads in my hometown. Skipped school and snuck back into one of their houses when the old pair went to work.

Anyway, before the age of internet and PlayStation 4 they got bored and were foostering around and found a can of andrews. One of the pair had seen someone drinkin this fizzy concoction so gave it a go. They thought it was great and between the pair of them polished off the can. By the time it came for them to sneak back out of the house and make their way back to the school gate they were pisśing brown water out of their arse like a goose with the trots

The parents found them in great distress, huddled in the bath if the rumours are to be believed with the cold tap running to sluice away the remnants of their insides. Mammy decided to tell all who would listen to punish them rightly.

One of them is now a county councillor in Sligo. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Slideways wrote: »
    There was the story of two lads in my hometown. Skipped school and snuck back into one of their houses when the old pair went to work.

Anyway, before the age of internet and PlayStation 4 they got bored and were foostering around and found a can of andrews. One of the pair had seen someone drinkin this fizzy concoction so gave it a go. They thought it was great and between the pair of them polished off the can. By the time it came for them to sneak back out of the house and make their way back to the school gate they were pisśing brown water out of their arse like a goose with the trots

The parents found them in great distress, huddled in the bath if the rumours are to be believed with the cold tap running to sluice away the remnants of their insides. Mammy decided to tell all who would listen to punish them rightly.

Hmm. You know, teenage boys with political aspirations tend to perform humiliating scatological or seminal rituals, I wonder if that's related. Look at David Cameron's "Porkgate," for example.

My husband is a prominent member of Fine Gael and he said nary a single trip for a rugby game went by without someone pulling out a packet of cream crackers on the back of the bus with a nod and a wink. To this day he says he doesn't know how they taste when they're dry.

• Advertisement

Give us a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

'The Nev' hasn't been spotted in a few weeks. Heard his car (Ford Orion 1988 - Chocolate Brown colour) has been parked outside the parochial house down in Kinvara. Must be 'cocooning' with Fr. Phelim 'Belter' Madden.

I heard Fr Paudgie Downey (also known as Fister) from Ballyhaunis paid a visit too.... Poor nev.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arthur Fent

Been taking cod liver oil capsules for the aul creaky knees. Have to say they're working wonders for the engine room. Just shunted out a large thick log. Nice smooth action. No struggling. Like a shipwreck in the pan, with its bow protruding proudly above the waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A "shítberg", 90% below the surface.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It wasn't Shítey Arse McKeown was it?

• Advertisement

I just busted out a gallon of pure velvet there. Phenomenal stuff, really. I’m not happy with all the wipeage though: it’s a very large blast zone. A lot of collateral damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I just busted out a gallon of pure velvet there. Phenomenal stuff, really. I’m not happy with all the wipeage though: it’s a very large blast zone. A lot of collateral damage.

Like a shot blast from a musket?
    Aka musket sh1te..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An Ri rua wrote: »
    #PlasticExplosives

Jay's*s, the Borderfox just thanked me post. He's supposed to be dead but, worse still, he's a f*ckin nutter!!!
    As Nana oft would say to Barbara, I think I've got a bit of movement. A dose of the scuts, a dirty protest beckons.

I'd get that checked out. There should be no gas leakage, nor condensation forming as it's not an internal combustion chamber typically. Now, granted, some are like an overfull boiling kettle, others like a pot of pasta you forgot to watch and man does it make a hames of the cookertop (you'll know what I'm talking about as if you ever got caught short while cooking, it's far easier to clean **** from the cooker top than burnt in pasta. Unlikely, but said I'd put it out there as I'm an inclusive chap).
    You sort of need to gauge what sort of projectiles you're expecting to fire and then apply appropriate pressure. But I wouldn't be expecting leakage if you build the pressure correctly before you pull the sphincter pin.
    Fire in the hole!!

Been taking cod liver oil capsules for the aul creaky knees. Have to say they're working wonders for the engine room. Just shunted out a large thick log. Nice smooth action. No struggling. Like a shipwreck in the pan, with its bow protruding proudly above the waves.

Anything in it worth salvaging? A pea maybe? Hopefully no seamen. Dear Lord, this Stella's a hoor.

I heard Fr Paudgie Downey (also known as Fister) from Ballyhaunis paid a visit too.... Poor nev.

Fister Downey's big into the re-enactment and roleplaying.
    Probably a Bond(age) themed weekend: -
    Nevin say Never Again
    Or
    Never stay Nevin Again.

Poor Nev, hard station on d'aul parsnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Just released a very easy going slithery scutther, barely felt it on the way out, very pleasent.
    But jaysus the size of it, and the smell.... It would knock out a horse....

Very frothy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

It's been officially renamed "non-consensual seed" E. Just so you know.

Plenty posters on the Motors forum who are into "claying" their cars, maybe you can help them out.

"Claying their cars" ?

What's that ? Taking a sh1te in the back seat ??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

Textbook evacuation.
    Everything went smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

hurikane wrote: »
    Good thread getting ruined here.

Mod:

Indeed. I've deleted a number of posts that are way over the line. Leave the bedroom talk out of it, focus on your evacuations and this thread can continue.

If not, it's running the risk of being closed for being absolutely vile and something we don't want in After Hours.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

"Claying their cars" ?

What's that ? Taking a sh1te in the back seat ??

Was about to ‘clay’ my hoop after a ‘cloudburst’ evacuation Parsnipp

Good clean out and a ‘dry hand’ buff to bring up the ‘snas’

Shift the ‘bet in ‘chandlers and clackers too.

You should try it, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Oh here we go.. The newish animals have attracted the mods attention..
    Ffs, hope they won't cling to this like flies do to sh1te.

And I came here for a moment of reflection whilst on the potty..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Oh here we go.. The newish animals have attracted the mods attention..
    Ffs, hope they won't cling to this like flies do to sh1te.

And I came here for a moment of reflection whilst on the potty..

Let’s hope not.....not welcome.

Was wondering how long it would be before some bound up spotty faced geek would be in here pronouncing that the most natural of human activities, an essential daily human bodily function, was somehow vile. Ignorant comment. Very ignorant.

Anyway, they don't pop by here too often so let's hope they piss orf out of here back to their Doritos and anime.

Dropped a very unpleasant bolus off this evening. Was very sticky. Sort of the consistency of peanut butter but a much darker richer colour. Like a dark burnt gravy colour but as I said, smooth peanut butter consistency.

Had bought cheap bogroll which ended up gettinh all torn up in the cleanup.

Never get stingy when it comes to the bog roll Paddy. Cushelle is the TP of choice at the moment in my gaff. Fairly robust, and deals with all consistencies with aplomb. No fear of tearing and "smudged" fingers afterwards.
    I'm surprised we haven't got a survey going of the best TP on the thread yet to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

On and off the pot all day, extractor fan earning its crust.
    Have to say, I'm beginning to understand Jimmy de Frenne's reasons for bailing out, blood supply does get cut below the knees quite easily on prolonged visits.

Pressure on the gasket finally abated for the night hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Does anybody every require a digital evacuation?

I never bough toilet paper. I help myself to a freesupply when in public toilets. I learned this trick from my beloved mother who was great at saving money even though she was loaded.lord rest her soul.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »

I never bough toilet paper. I help myself to a freesupply when in public toilets. I learned this trick from my beloved mother who was great at saving money even though she was loaded.lord rest her soul.

My own mother took issue with "Mansize" tissues back in the 80s. Thought they were a gimmick. The ould lad had a head cold shortly after and "evacuated" a good wad of snot into the new "feminine" brand she bought instead. "There's more snot in the palm of me hand than there is in the tissue. Don't ever buy them fcukin things again".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

You couldn’t sell man sized tissues now, the feminists with hairy armpits would be all foaming at the meat purse if they saw them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Yyhhuuu wrote: »

I reckon we've all dug in with a finger to remove some debris once or twice.

Advertisement