Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn

• 15-10-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

What a season.

I love everything about it: the crunching of the leaves as you brave the elements to go for a ramble on these crisp evenings, your own air hovering above you with every exhale, disappearing into the night sky. Exhaling up against the dimmed light of the moon is particularly beautiful on these cold nights, nights where you can't wait to get home, but nights that you also want to last as long as possible. Mother Nature makes you mindful, makes you present. She makes you appreciate being alive.

Yep, I love everything about autumn, but I especially love that the makers of yoga pants made them warm, meaning us lads, us men, us alphas, us bros, get to look at perfectly-shaped arses all year-round.

Thank you Mother Nature.

Thank you Adidas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Tough crowd.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Yep, I love everything about autumn, but I especially love that the makers of yoga pants made them warm, meaning us lads, us men, us alphas, us bros, get to look at perfectly-shaped arses all year-round.

Unfortunately, there’s a fair number around that could most kindly be described as “work in progress”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,796 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't like going outside...

/searches Google images for "Autumn yoga pants behind"

I can see why you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Getting up in the dark, be coming home in the dark soon, 2 weeks holidays left to take thanks to all that lockdown messing.

Wondering why I just dont take all the days in winter in future.

What a season.

I love everything about it: the crunching of the leaves as you brave the elements to go for a ramble on these crisp evenings, your own air hovering above you with every exhale, disappearing into the night sky. Exhaling up against the dimmed light of the moon is particularly beautiful on these cold nights, nights where you can't wait to get home, but nights that you also want to last as long as possible. Mother Nature makes you mindful, makes you present. She makes you appreciate being alive.

Thank you Mother Nature.

Thank you Adidas.

Eloquence meet the cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I love the changing of the seasons and then just as I'm sick to death of that season the new one comes. Least favourite month is August, there's a kind of heavy rottenness to everything by the end of it.

Most favourite is possibly may because it can be roasting but still springlike or October because it's crispy and still get sun but it's cold but not too grey.
    Hard to beat the first smell of spring also..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ah see what you mean81393414.jpg

21/25

That was the joke.

I don't give a toss about crunching leaves or autumn walks, but I thought it'd be funny if I pretended to be at one with nature and then got to the point, which is how great some arses look in lyrca.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

That was the joke.

I don't give a toss about crunching leaves or autumn walks, but I thought it'd be funny if I pretended to be at one with nature and then got to the point, which is how great some arses look in lyrca.

Welcome to the pervo club. Them arses are going at it all summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I like arses.

I do not like heading into another long ****e winter.

But nice arses are always welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

That was the joke.

Thanks for explaining it, the best jokes always need an explanation........

Aw, but I love autumn arses or no arses. Well, I do know a few arses, mostly on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I love Autumn. I know most people complain about the dark evenings but I much prefer when it - gives the evening a lovely cosy feel to it and you can really switch into "relax" mode. Can't say I be checking out many lads in yoga pants though....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The early dark nights is where its at

I love Autumn. I know most people complain about the dark evenings but I much prefer when it - gives the evening a lovely cosy feel to it and you can really switch into "relax" mode. Can't say I be checking out many lads in yoga pants though....

Tracksuits on the other hand.. ;)

gogo wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining it, the best jokes always need an explanation........

Well it's important to state Gogo. I don't want the good folks at Boards.ie to think I'm a lunatic who goes from poetic to crass without noticing. I want them, you, to know that I go from poetic to crass on purpose for the sake of trying to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Autumn is just a crappy mini winter but then again we have crappy weather all year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The slippery leaves are an, unwelcome, “pitfall” but, aside from that, it’s a pretty cool part of the year.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

You should PM him for lessons on writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This autumn is unusual in that you can actually experience it for lack of wind and rain.

And by the way, has anyone noticed the worse the virus gets the better the weather gets! I don't recall an October in my life like this for sunshine except abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Greyfox wrote: »
    Autumn is just a crappy mini winter but then again we have crappy weather all year anyway

Ha, come to Winnipeg from October to March and you'll change your tune pretty darn quick. You don't know anything about extended periods of sh1te weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's nice until the clocks go back

Another thing I love about autumn is the squirrels, how they bounce from one place to the next, foraging food for their family. They don't know what the future holds in the short term; they just know winter is coming and their family need to eat.

I knelt down near one in my driveway this morning and realised we aren't that different, man and squirrel.

As he tentatively moved closer to me, I noticed that his beady eyes had hope in them. He knew he could trust me, that I would never hurt him. I shuffled the remnants of a popcorn bag on to my hand, the scent of the corn and the kernels drawing him closer again. When he got within arms reached, I grabbed him and threw him at least 50 feet away and shouted NEVER come back here.

Thank you Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

zanador wrote: »
    I love the changing of the seasons and then just as I'm sick to death of that season the new one comes. Least favourite month is August, there's a kind of heavy rottenness to everything by the end of it.

Most favourite is possibly may because it can be roasting but still springlike or October because it's crispy and still get sun but it's cold but not too grey.
    Hard to beat the first smell of spring also..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

That was the joke.

Aussie, South American, and African girls look delectable in lycra at this time of year (actually year round) and they're heading into Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Another thing I love about autumn is the squirrels, how they bounce from one place to the next, foraging food for their family. They don't know what the future holds in the short term; they just know winter is coming and their family need to eat.

I knelt down near one in my driveway this morning and realised we aren't that different, man and squirrel.

As he tentatively moved closer to me, I noticed that his beady eyes had hope in them. He knew he could trust me, that I would never hurt him. I shuffled the remnants of a popcorn bag on to my hand, the scent of the corn and the kernels drawing him closer again. When he got within arms reached, I grabbed him and threw him at least 50 feet away and shouted NEVER come back here.

Thank you Manhattan.

Your story telling is improving, am looking forward to the next one. I think for the ending if when you reached for him, you could have walloped him with hammer, and yell hammer 89 just became hammer 90.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If this is not instant recognisable and you have any interest in SciFi then stop what you are doing right now and check out Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds

Forever Autumn

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
    And darker days are drawing near
    The winter winds will be much colder
    Now you're not here
    I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
    And one by one they disappear
    I wish that I was flying with them
    Now you're not here

Like the sun through the trees you came to love me
    Like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
    You always loved this time of year
    Loose fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here

A gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
    As if to hide a lonely tear
    My life will be forever autumn
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

More time for patie particularly the dawn shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If this is not instant recognisable and you have any interest in SciFi then stop what you are doing right now and check out Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds

Forever Autumn

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
    And darker days are drawing near
    The winter winds will be much colder
    Now you're not here
    I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
    And one by one they disappear
    I wish that I was flying with them
    Now you're not here

Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
    You always loved this time of year
    Loose fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here

A gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
    As if to hide a lonely tear
    My life will be forever autumn
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here
    Cos you're not here

Class Album .

• Advertisement

Aussie, South American, and African girls look delectable in lycra at this time of year (actually year round) and they're heading into Summer.

All arses matter is what you're trying to say. And I agree.

Advertisement