Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The teeny tiny things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

The great and powerful Oz - great disney style/feeling movie without being too sacherinne and makes you want to watch the wizard of oz to see the connection as soon as youve seen it!

Cooking my first steak :D, and the special day its to do with, and plans for the female equivelant day next month :)

Luigi Malones - nicely cheap enough for what you get, which is lots, and yummy nummy!

X - Men movies, first time finally seeing X - Men Origins Wolverine, awesome stuff!

The Hill of Tara.

Springcleaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

Got told at my last clinic appointment that my unborn baby might have kidney problem but had fetal assessment and got the all clear totally healthy so every scan I see makes me smile. See my baby for real in 3 weeks! Been smiling non stop all weekend

That's fantastic news, congratulations. Hope everything else goes well for you.

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    X - Men movies, first time finally seeing X - Men Origins Wolverine, awesome stuff!
    I think the new one is due out near the end of July. Can't wait! I'll probably be at the opening night with nerd like enthusiasm, haha :D

Those new chocolate eggs, with the spoon and fluffy inside :) nummy!

oh and banshee bones!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Homemade chicken soup and fresh bread made for me. I was sick the past two days and it was the only thing I wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 candy69

coming home and my 4 pugs tucked up on my lap keeping me warm. also heading up to bed and my electric blanket has the bed lovely and toasty :P

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Homemade chicken soup and fresh bread made for me. I was sick the past two days and it was the only thing I wanted
    Warm, creamy soups are great, as long as you're getting plenty of rest and drinks really. Get well soon. Hope you're feeling better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Got home after lovely four hours walking in the woods to a lovely surprise roast chicken dinner wih yummy veg &gravy cooked for me by wonderful housemate.
    feeling so happy& grateful im jumping on my bike back out into the cold to get him a nice tasty treat for dessert

Being able to actually watch a certain boxset of mine again just yesterday, after not being able to at all without feeling sad since the start of 2011 because of personal reasons from past stuff! Seems like I could be on the way to being 100% me again, just better me hopes, but we shall see! :)

Being able to actually watch a certain boxset of mine again just yesterday, after not being able to at all without feeling sad since the start of 2011 because of personal reasons from past stuff! Seems like I could be on the way to being 100% me again, just better me hopes, but we shall see! :)
    You showed the character to get this far so keep going and don't look back.

Hold on to the good people and things in your life and take one day at a time. Family and friends are my rock. That, and going out to sea with my uncle on his boat or caring for animals. The dog always brightens my day when he runs to the car and jumps up on me to welcome me home!!!

Stay being the best version of you, you can be. The little things we do can make the world of difference to everyone around us. So keep going. No giving up now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I had a lovely few days. It really is the little things that make me thankful.

My hair dryer blew up this morning and my OH brought me on a spontaneous trip to get breakfast and a new hair dryer. The weather was beautiful, we were all in good form and instead of getting annoyed at silly things, we laughed instead

Having a really cute and lovely Easter basket made up for me specially and homemade with all things I like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I went to a Novena this evening with my Mother and surprised myself at how over-whelming it felt; just felt vulnerable :o

Looking around at everyone else there; the Church seems to be the one place; the one safe haven for everyone; everyone was welcome.

People looked worried and stressed while the younger generations appeared bored and restless while the adults tried to amuse them into silence.

It was surreal but it brought home some home truths that I needed to think about and everyone seemed to have their own problem that they needed assistance from St. Anthony and more.

Teeny Tiny Things! Everyone is fighting their own battle in this world. If you can make life just somewhat easier or happier for someone / anyone around you; I would urge you to. You never know the difference it could make to their life right now . Don't wait for tomorrow if you can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

I spied two fox cubs with their Mama in the garden the other day. She saw me too and stopped to gaze right back at me for a moment before scarpering with her little ones. Smile every time I think of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The two ducks that hang out in the green area outside my office building.... a boy duck and a girl....watching them waddle their way up to the door looking to be fed makes my day...they are hilarious..

Having a free house almost all day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Those little purple flowers that burst joyously out of walls at this time of the year.

They're beautiful.

Walking through your favourite place whilst hearing a song that reminds you of that place, good timing and all that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Walking through your favourite place whilst hearing a song that reminds you of that place, good timing and all that! :)

Walking into a sock and just throwing it across the room carefree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

This might seem like a weird one, but during the downright glorious spell of weather we enjoyed a couple of weeks back I got the mad idea to jump into an outdoor pool with all my clothes on! And you know what - it was really enjoyable! It was as if I was completely stress-free and just went for it. Will be doing the same again if it's ever so pleasantly warm! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Got to hold (and cuddle) a colleagues 5week old baby boy at lunch today.
    I thought I'd missed them, but he came back in after just so I could have a little hold. Just something soothing about an innocent little creature in your arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

Sitting on the sofa, watching a film with my boyfriend, snuggled together. I ask him something. He doesn't answer. I ask again. No answer. I look at him. He's asleep with his head resting on my shoulder.

Coming home from work to get a big hug. No matter how stressful my day or how bad my mood after work, this just brightens my day up so much.

Driving on the motorway, sunglasses on, windows open and Metallica blaring from the speakers. F*ck yeah. :cool:

My little nephew and godson. He's nearly 5 weeks old now (time's only flying!) and I love him so much. Everyone else can be the bad guy. I'm going to be the one who spoils him absolutely rotten! :D

That first cigarette in the morning. With a good cup of coffee and a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and a glass of orange juice. Simple, but so, so good!

Mars Bars and Dr. Pepper!

Trips out of dublin!

fairies!

Steak!

Pub lunches!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

I got the place to myself. Spain v. Italy on the box. Chicken kiev and chips. Bottle of Dr. Pepper. Door to balcony open letting a slight breeze in.

Bliss. :o

A glee marathon from the very start in memorium of the late great Cory Monteith
    :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Smelling the lilac in the garden through my open bedroom window while going to sleep :)

Sunshine and spending lots of time in the park etc, free fun! :D

1euro breakfasts in Ikea today! :D

Icecream!

Big big waves in the sea! :)

Having a flask of coffee and buns sitting by the sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Flowers blooming at last, way hey!!

Oh and lasagna, yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

a rare day of not getting out of my pyjammies :)

Advertisement