Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All very quiet around here

Options
  • 19-11-2016 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

So to jump-start the chat can anyone indulge me on changes for an EMT in the upcoming 2016 CPGs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

So to jump-start the chat can anyone indulge me on changes for an EMT in the upcoming 2016 CPGs

Naloxone will change anyway to IM for now. I wonder if NEB might be explored as another route for it down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

pentrox (green whistle) be to be fancy methoxyflurane
    Also A antihistamine of some sort
    Naloxone IM
    epinephrine vials instead of auto injector I heard aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

With the current recall of the MAD devices IM might not be a bad call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

With the current recall of the MAD devices IM might not be a bad call

Possibly but that MAD issue will be sorted I'm sure IN is a handy route no sharps and anytime iv used it it works well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You should know better than to use the Q word around the Emergency services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

sjb25 wrote: »
    pentrox (green whistle) be to be fancy methoxyflurane
    Also A antihistamine of some sort
    Naloxone IM
    epinephrine vials instead of auto injector I heard aswell

The EPI vials makes so much sense, trained to use IM as it stands and an absolute fraction of the cost of the fast expiring auto injectors!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Doyler1234

Yes, it will be epi vials from EMTs and they will drop the epipen down to EFR, so the cost will still be there for most organisations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Naloxone will still be IN for EMT. I know because I have read over the 2016 formulary

Ibuprophen will have a 600mg dose for moderate pain.

Also as I read it the Epi is still auto injector for EMT and assist for efr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

blackmark wrote:
    Naloxone will still be IN for EMT. I know because I have read over the 2016 formulary

Naloxone has just become IM as the manufacturer of the IN / Mad device has recalled all the products. Not sure if this will be included in the new CPGs. Should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Naloxone has just become IM as the manufacturer of the IN / Mad device has recalled all the products. Not sure if this will be included in the new CPGs. Should be.

The CPG states IN. there seems to be confusion over this but im sure PHECC will clarify.

• Advertisement
Advertisement