Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need details of car transport firm UK to Ireland

• 10-07-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Probably was answered before somewhere but I cannot see....
    I am looking for a car transport firm to pick up a car for me in Birmingham and deliver to Limerick. I was in touch with NVD who will do it at a good price, but the car needs to start and drive onto the transporter and they will only deliver it to one of their yards in Ireland.
    But the car, an MG was in storage for 8 years and although rolling freely, will probably not start... so I need a company that will be happy/able to winch or push it onto the transporter and also nice if can deliver to my home in limerick, although I can get a loan of a trailer on this side of the pond to get it home if need be...
    Used to be lots of guys doing this service... but not anymore!
    can anyone help with names/numbers?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

john flynn <PM for number> he is based in carlow

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EdOMatic

thanks guys!

will call them...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭2yung2adm

There is a guy sitting on your doorstep on the Ennis road in Limerick. He does a weekly service. His name is Richard and his number is <PM for number>. Give him a try

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

John Flynn Transport Carlow ,collected a Jag from me last Thursday and deleivered it to Chelmsford ,then collected a gaz 69 near Luton and dropped it off to me today ,great service ,would throughly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I have also used John Flynn and found his service very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi guys

Im looking to get a car transported From Essex to Dublin.
    I will try the above guys, but has anyone anymore thoughts/ ideas.
    Maybe some one Dublin area.
    Another option would be to have delivered to Kollyhead or Fishguard, and I can go as a passenger this end.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

John Flynn spot on, door to door. I think he is in the UK twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

keving wrote: »
    Hi guys

Im looking to get a car transported From Essex to Dublin.
    I will try the above guys, but has anyone anymore thoughts/ ideas.
    Maybe some one Dublin area.
    Another option would be to have delivered to Kollyhead or Fishguard, and I can go as a passenger this end.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

Kevin, that is a option. Go on as foot passenger meet them their and come back on ferry with the car. Or call the ferry line and see if they will load the car at UK end and off load it here and then collect. I know they do this for containers !! but what they charge I have no idea. John Flynn can do door to door deoending on where you want it delived too. Often I have met him in route and collected, specially if his truck is coming in on the late ferry as then car can land up a day or in his yard. Even at that one could go collect in Carlow if you cant wait the day or two :)

What is it ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Tks okistag ;)

Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Looking at a TR6 soon, sounds like what I'm after, condition, spec, and price. You never know though, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Another carrier that covers the UK and will collect from any area and deliver to any part of Ireland, Val McKenna 087 <PM for number>

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

P & O in Liverpool will load and unload a vehicle in Dublin Docks for you to collect, as far as I know they are the only company to do this....but the vehicle MUST be a runner, I've used this service this for HGV's and a few old classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

i just priced them both, and val seems to be a good bit cheaper door to door

will write back if i use the service and let you guys know how it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

www.wemovecars.co.uk

Very good. Needs car to run too

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭superfly35

you can try shiply.com, don't accept the first offer.

I don't know how much this other lads paid but a couple of year ago I paid €400 from hollyhead to Dublin.

I think you can get something cheaper, if you shop arround.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Resurrecting; any guidelines on price? I haven't committed to doing it this way, and I would like a ballpark figure to haul a Ford Focus from Wales or west england to Dublin. €200? €300?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I doubt if you will get it that cheaply. I am using a fellow this week , non runner from Peterboro to Dundalk 500 euro. his price is 500, anywhere to anywhere
    but in reality its not , had to pay 100 stg to get it to Peterboro from Norwich.

regards ,rugbyman.

from where you are talking about , go sail rail from dublin 40 euro and drive it home, guessing prob 100 on the boat

cheers; it really comes down to whether its cheaper to have it shipped or to drive it. Factoring in ferry, petrol, and the real hassle, getting short term insurance, which Irish companies don't seem interested in providing.
    One way Holyhead - Dublin is £99, probably fly/foot passenger/train to sellers location, if transport is > €350 that'd be the way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 REDVECYRA

looking for someone in CO DONEGAL to pick up a car in uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

JD Recovery Services.
    Kilmacrennan, Co. Donegal Phone: 074-9139303

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/uk-to-ireland-transport/5408119

NVD look to be now doing a door to door service. for €300 + VAT

Seems great value.

Copany website: http://www.nvd.ie/

Has anyone here used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭mountain

shineon23 wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/uk-to-ireland-transport/5408119

NVD look to be now doing a door to door service. for €300 + VAT

Seems great value.

Copany website: http://www.nvd.ie/

Has anyone here used them?

I used them last year, took about 5 working days, good service, picked from the seller and delivered to my door,

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭68deville

i have used NVD recently and it was door to door and was spot on,will use
    them again

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I use N.V.T. on a regular basis, just a few points to remember, the cars MUST be driving, quotes are from general areas of U.K. Wales & a lot of Scotland. However if you have a pick-up in Devon or Cornwall, I believe they charge a good bit more, as it is out of the way for them. By and large their service is excellent at E299, + V.A.T. door to door. Cheaper if you collect it in Dublin or Cork. I have also used John Flynn, who also gives a very good service. He will take non-runners, but does charge a good bit more.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I can recommend Liam Costello of Costello Auto Trans. Based in Leitrim. see www.cat.ie for contact details. Very reasonable price and takes great care too. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars.

Resurrecting; any guidelines on price? I haven't committed to doing it this way, and I would like a ballpark figure to haul a Ford Focus from Wales or west england to Dublin. €200? €300?

NVD pulled my Focus (~1400Kg) from Liverpool to Dublin for €308, car was in perfect nick, whole thing took 3 days I think. I'll definitely use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

NVD don't do the UK anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

NVD have taken quite a few cars for me from the U.K. but they informed me they do not do it any more. To-day I saw a transporter in Shannon with a load of U.K. Reg. cars. I spoke to the driver, who I think is also the owner. He quoted E 350 + VAT from middle U.K. and a additional E 100 from London, or Scotland. His name is Brendan Cribbin, the company is EIRTRANS Autologistics, and there are based in Meath. His No. is 086 603 4802. Vehicles MUST be Running. I hope this information may be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dewhurst

I had used a company based in Preston, Lancashire. They have picked up in Ireland and deliver to me in England and vice versa.

I think they where called Auto Link in Preston. Prices where cheaper than the larger carriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 sirivor

Anyone ship a car from France back to Ireland who they would recommend?

Advertisement