Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Showering?

• 09-10-2018 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭

How often do you shower?

I never shower in the morning, just the evening after work? Usually daily too.

I'm sure this has been done to death!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It has been done to death, but it's a nice change from American politics, gender politics, race politics, UK politics, traveller bashing, dole bashing, boards bashing and unfortunately not seen as much these days Public service bashing (probably just don't have the time).

Edit: Sorry OP, forgot to answer. I tend to have baths unless it's after work, in which case shower.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Depending on training & work but for sure twice a day, some days three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I shower about as often as this thread pops up to remind me. Keep up the good work, guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Always in the evening depending on the days activitys. Never in the morning, I will never understand them freaks who will go to bed dirty and shower in the morning.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been done to death!

Just done a quick search, granted boards.ie has the worst search engine in the entire world, but it hasn't been done to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Qrt

Morning. Feel groggy if I don't shower in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Always in the evening depending on the days activitys. Never in the morning, I will never understand them freaks who will go to bed dirty and shower in the morning.

I never understand those freaks who go to bed clean and wake up dirty.

You are going to accumulate oil on your skin during the night, that's just a fact.

I couldn't imagine going to work having not showered for 12 hours, so weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

As one of nature's secreters, I need to shower every day or I start to smell pretty bad. Lots of people are fine showering less often though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shower once if not twice a day but always in the morning. Couldn't function without a morning shower. Plus you're simply not clean in the morning no matter what state you went to bed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

lawred2 wrote: »
    Shower once if not twice a day but always in the morning. Couldn't function without a morning shower. Plus you're simply not clean in the morning no matter what state you went to bed in.

Exactly. Shower in the morning and change the bedclothes often. That's the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Once a week whether I need it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

This was done literally a couple of weeks ago.

I missed it.. I was probably in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Did anyone ever tell you you're a fucking psycho?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Did anyone ever tell you you're a fucking psycho?

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Do you go to work after that?

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

Whats your opinion on Huey Lewis?.. Personally I thought their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You can't wash away the feeling of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,736 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Excessive showering damages your skin and is unhealthy.

Its advised by a lot of health professionals 2-3 times a week roughly is best.

Three times a day is too much. Once per day can be bad if the water is too hot and if you spend a long time in it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Every night before bed, then I just jump in again in the morning and give myself a quick rinse as soon as I get out of bed, no gel or shampoo in the morning.

Once a day, usually in the morning. I don't think it really matters if you shower in the morning or evening as long as you wash once a day and wear clean clothes, change bedsheets regularly, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Excessive showering damages your skin and is unhealthy.

Its advised by a lot of health professionals 2-3 times a week roughly is best.

Three times a day is too much. Once per day can be bad if the water is too hot and if you spend a long time in it.

Personally, I do a good bit of what you might call dirty work, general home maintenance and building, I get dusty and dirty most days, I need a shower I think.

Edward M wrote: »
    Personally, I do a good bit of what you might call dirty work, general home maintenance and building, I get dusty and dirty most days, I need a shower I think.

I'm the same, plus I'm training a lot then coaching Judo/BJJ. I wouldn't be overly popular if I was only showering 2 or 3 times per week.

Yuk

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

And by the time you finished, it's time for bed again, right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I have to shower in the morning because I sweat through the night. I'll also have a shower most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The thread or the last time you showered?
    Be honest now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I've exactly the same routine, except that I do none of that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I shower when I need to shower.

If I'm after a lot of physical exercise then it will be after that.

If I've sat in the office all day and done nothing, then it may be 2/3 times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

every morning, maybe when I get home in the evening too depending on what sort of day it's been.

Advertisement