Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status [No Names] - Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

A comment under a story about the nurse who got spat on:

"I think it's time to get the likes of Kodaline to publicly put it out there that this is not right. Perhaps the people that do this would listen and learn, worth a try"

Because I'm sure the scumbag who spat on the nurse would have really thought twice if Kodaline told him not to...

Kodaline :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If a bunch of middle class guys from Swords can't get through to the scummers in our society, I don't know who can..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As if this lockdown wasn't depressing enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Lockheed

"Was talking to an elderly lady at the bus stop a few mins ago and she said she remembers the emergency in Ireland back in the Early 1940s and she compared the whole situation to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is basically a war. We aren't fighting eachother we are fighting for our own lives and hearing these words inspired me today. We are all facing some of the same things people did during the 2nd world war and we don't even know it yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Omg dis is amazon reely makes u tink I say its deffo tru d fu*kers xXxXx

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2921206384594748&id=100001162458997

The amount of gimps dying to believe it. That level of stupid in and of itself is quite concerning.
    The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...

*facepalm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I think there would have to be nuks getting dropped on us for me to stay in... I am too nosey for this ****, havnt seen anybody in about a week when I do be standing at me window in the mornings, I don't know what's Goin on in the world(my much smaller world) anymore, everyones hiding and for what because of the flu, I Wana know who's doing what and why and where, , But what I do know is.... where the builders are everyday of the week still playing ****ing jenga at the side of my house its not fair on them at all whos letting them come in to work poor things 7 and 8 they do be there at GOD BLESS THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

El Weirdo wrote: »
    *facepalm*

There are actually so many people who believe this stuff, a few people sent this to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2921206384594748&id=100001162458997

The amount of gimps dying to believe it. That level of stupid in and of itself is quite concerning.

I would imagine that's pretty much word for word what Fox News is saying these days...

St Michael

I call upon you to protect my family from all forms of evil Sorcery Cross Curses Spells Witchcraft of any kind. If anyone has ever given my family anything with ill heart or badness or placed anything in my home with the intent of wishing harm or hurt to my family I ask that you take all these and leave it at the foot of our Lord Jesus Christ where I know that he will deal with it justly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Let me guess.

The Ford Transit appreciation society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The patron saint of knickers :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

I know someone on FB, who is self isolating/quarantined and is posting her daily thoughts on FB. All about how much of a struggle it is, how she misses her family and just wants to touch them

She had a headache one day a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

3ua4mc.jpg
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Let me guess.

The Ford Transit appreciation society.

Brilliant! :D Or should I say, amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Maybe not allowed as positive but I reckon we all need a pick-me-up every now and then. Posted on FB (with a pic):

This is me with my mum she has survived Hitler, open heart surgery, 2 replacement knees and 2 replacement hips. Few weeks ago, she fell fractured her hip, 2 ribs and her spine. Last week she was diagnosed with Covid 19 and spent a week in intensive care she is 86.......
    Today she has been given the all clear this is the sort of thing the media should be concentrating on there is hope people but it's positive and cheerful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

2km limit for shopping abit rediculous I live 28km from nearest shop how does that work>?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Like me posting on the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

2km limit for shopping abit rediculous I live 28km from nearest shop how does that work>?
    There's people in the main Covid-19 thread here asking the same question.

Frankly, if people are too fucking stupid to understand how simple instructions work, then i think we're probably better off as a society if they actually starved to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Please share this green candle in aid of the health workers"

yea nice touch, even the flame is green!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We are doing a chain of 1 million Hail Mary's for those who are suffering from the corona virus and the whole world at risk. Say one Hail Mary and pass on to 10 people. Let me know if you can't do this so we don't break the chain
    "Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

sligojoek wrote: »
    We are doing a chain of 1 million Hail Mary's for those who are suffering from the corona virus and the whole world at risk. Say one Hail Mary and pass on to 10 people. Let me know if you can't do this so we don't break the chain
    "Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

For me that leads to tapping the unfollow button

• Advertisement

For Tha 1s Tha Ar On My Page Lyk Nosey Ppl Tha Lyks Or Comments On Nottin Cud Ye Kindly Remove Yere Smelly Arses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

drake70 wrote: »
    For me that leads to tapping the unfollow button

Yep me too, sick of this ****e. Can’t people just stay indoors and mind their own business - all these Holy Joes have probably not stepped inside a church in years. Hypocrites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

For Tha 1s Tha Ar On My Page Lyk Nosey Ppl Tha Lyks Or Comments On Nottin Cud Ye Kindly Remove Yere Smelly Arses

I hope you are liking and commenting on all the posts Foweva Awone or else she might be talking to you - Smelly Arse! LOL

Oh! Or maybe that makes all of us "Smelly Arses Once Removed" for reading them!

Edit: you know my tongue is firmly in cheek there, right?!

In all the giving out we do about the thicko's that have stockpiled...I actually want to hand on heart applaud you all.....I did my NORMAL weekly shop today in lidl and not a bit of the oul reliable cheap bog roll to be got....So instead I found a garage that had "ANDREX"..My Fanny will be so pleasurable to wipe with that for a change...Maybe €5.00 more but I actually look forward to doing my wee wee now knowing that I won't have a stinging minge from cheap bog roll!!!Stay safe girlies!!

Stay da **** indoors ye horrible horrible scum ppl loosing their lives over teenagers ,&& adults and other selfish slimly smellbags #Worse it's Getting so Cop on Tah Fck ye pea brains awl spreading yer fleas then wit yer cement faces The Storm is only beginning && I promise god above ppl Wana back away and a bure in dis place den pickin up old fag buts making rollies you selfish cross contamination of a ting if u even try talk to me I'll spray u from a 2 meter distance with soap and bleach awl Rob my daughters Capri sun u must need it more than her . **** you #Nosey & deleted dah rest of the nosey rams bubyeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A FB friend of mine posted an old story about the CMO, Tony Holohan.

Underneath he and his brother had the following conversation:

Poster 1 (his brother): In the space of a day funerals of covid victims have gone from immediate family to none. This guy is holding back the truth

Poster 2 : it's gonna get a lot worse I think..

Poster 1: it can't be viral it has to be biological

Poster 2: is it airborne now?

Poster 1: as to be

There you are guys. The Bros have it sussed: it's biological, not viral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Seems to be a few dingers doing the rounds lately.

I've been nominated by XXX to post pictures of my dog and flood Facebook with positive pictures. I nominate you to post pictures of your dog no caption and keep the positively going ðŸ¶ðŸ•

Until tomorrow XXX

Followed by I think a picture of the person as a child. :confused:

Seems to be a few dingers doing the rounds lately.

I've been nominated by XXX to post pictures of my dog and flood Facebook with positive pictures. I nominate you to post pictures of your dog no caption and keep the positively going ðŸ¶ðŸ•

Until tomorrow XXX

Followed by I think a picture of the person as a child. :confused:

Same one going around about beaches with the "You okay hun" crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I've been nominated by XXX to post pictures of my dog and flood Facebook with positive pictures. I nominate you to post pictures of your dog no caption and keep the positively going ...

:

I got one of these but the person put up a picture of her dog .... that died a few years ago - yeah looking at a dog that is dead really lightened the mood

• Advertisement

Hello All,
    Hoping to hear from the silent majority. All this is so exhausting! What's the point of having friends if you can't see one another's posts - it's nuts.
    Fixed my blocked posts I wondered where everybody had been! This is good to know: It's ridiculous to have 1000 friends and only 25 are allowed to see my post. I ignored this post earlier, because I didn’t think it worked.
    It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
    Here’s how to bypass the system FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed. Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts.
    Therefore,
    Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
    This will bypass the system.
    If you are reading this message, do me a favor and leave me a quick comment...a "hello," a sticker, whatever you want, so you will appear in my newsfeed.

Advertisement