Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

cocoman wrote: »
    €300 now for 500 literss!!! Another €20 off with code Connacht1. Hasn't been this low in years.

I paid €210 for 500L in Feb 2016 by the time of my next fill it was approaching €300.

Petrol 138.8
    Diesel 128.8

The lowest I've seen in Cork the last day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

€279 in Galway - ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Amora Raspy Addict

fAzI wrote: »
    Coronavirus?

No... Heating oil ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd wait another 10 days. This week's oil price drops won't feed into kero until then. I expect under €500 for 1000 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Cape Clear wrote: »
    I paid €210 for 500L in Feb 2016 by the time of my next fill it was approaching €300.

Petrol 138.8
    Diesel 128.8

The lowest I've seen in Cork the last day or so.
    Diesel 123.9 The Rower, between Graiguenamanagh and New Ross, yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tomslick

Passed the prepay petrol place on the Waterford side of Dungarvan that has diesel at 117.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Bawnmore wrote: »
    €279 in Galway - ordered.

Now €300 for 500L in Galway when using code Winter20, gone up by €21 in less than a week, as the price of oil has dropped further. Is this Corona gouging?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭NTC

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Now €300 for 500L in Galway when using code Winter20, gone up by €21 in less than a week, as the price of oil has dropped further. Is this Corona gouging?

It has that feeling, it was €299 for 500L this morning (before Winter20), I was in the process of ordering, got distracted. It is €309 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah €319 in Wexford, €309 with code, gone up, so much for waiting until it gets cheaper, wonder if the only way is up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Yeah €319 in Wexford, €309 with code, gone up, so much for waiting until it gets cheaper, wonder if the only way is up now?

It should not be. A barrel of oil was just 30 Dollars this morning.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    It should not be. A barrel of oil was just 30 Dollars this morning.

In Europe it's Brent price you look at.

Last weeks drop to av $36 feeds in end of this week / early next week.

Today's drop to just over $30 if sustained, feeds in the week after.

You’ll see sub €500 for 1000l in the next 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭obi604

Darc19 wrote: »
    In Europe it's Brent price you look at.

Last weeks drop to av $36 feeds in end of this week / early next week.

Today's drop to just over $30 if sustained, feeds in the week after.

You’ll see sub €500 for 1000l in the next 10 days.

Will this also reflect at the pumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

obi604 wrote: »

Should do but it just takes the petrol stations weeks to reduce prices.
    Strange that they can increase prices immediately when it suits them though :(.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Should do but it just takes the petrol stations weeks to reduce prices.
    Strange that they can increase prices immediately when it suits them though :(.

This gets repeated adnauseum. But whenever checked, is proven wrong.

Consumer association did a survey in 2013 and pumps.ie did a very comprehensive survey throughout 2014 (I assisted)
    The pace of rise and fall was near identical.

However, the media almost always reported the price rises after they were implemented and 2-3 weeks after oil prices rose, but reported the lack of price falls within a couple of days.

You can also go onto cheapest oil and see the price graph - place it beside an oil price graph and the rises and falls are in perfect tandem.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

I pulled the trigger and purchased from Currans oil €300 for 500ltr works out 60c per litre, untill it gets delivered I filled two 20 liter drums, its 72.9c in my local circle k.

obi604 wrote: »

Yep, this week prices will be around €1.22 for diesel and 1.32 for petrol (difference in duty rates) This is based on the average €45 oil prices from week before last.

A further 7-8c drop will feed in next week reflecting last week's drop on oil markets.

If this week's $30 price is sustained, another 3-4 cent will come off and most stations will be under €1.10 for diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Darc19 wrote: »
    This gets repeated adnauseum. But whenever checked, is proven wrong.

Consumer association did a survey in 2013 and pumps.ie did a very comprehensive survey throughout 2014 (I assisted)
    The pace of rise and fall was near identical.

However, the media almost always reported the price rises after they were implemented and 2-3 weeks after oil prices rose, but reported the lack of price falls within a couple of days.

You can also go onto cheapest oil and see the price graph - place it beside an oil price graph and the rises and falls are in perfect tandem.

Why did the price of kerosene increase yesterday with Topoil and some other companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

km79 wrote: »
    Why did the price of kerosene increase yesterday with Topoil and some other companies?

I tried a few others just now & Top are the only one to have increased prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

I tried a few others just now & Top are the only one to have increased prices.

I tweeted them this morning no reply
    Probably off today though !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The price of a barrel of oil was below 30 Dollars today. It 29 Dollars.51 cent I think when I seen it last. Its not going to go up anytime soon so oil prices should keep falling and 1000 litres should be doable for 450 Euro maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭legrand

AMKC wrote: »
    The price of a barrel of oil was below 30 Dollars today. It 29 Dollars.51 cent I think when I seen it last. Its not going to go up anytime soon so oil prices should keep falling and 1000 litres should be doable for 450 Euro maybe.

motor fules down significantly, but Kerosene still unchanged at around 610 per 1000L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Vic_08

legrand wrote: »
    motor fules down significantly, but Kerosene still unchanged at around 610 per 1000L

The lowest price currently listed on https://www.cheapestoil.ie/ is €520 with several others at €550.

It depends on the region, border areas are cheapest, no doubt due to competition from NI suppliers.

South East is particularly bad with 6 suppliers in Wexford all quoting the same high €609 rate, hard not to conclude the suppliers in this area are engaging in price fixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭ Chana Shy Rifle

Down to just under 290 euro now. Can't get any of the discount codes to work to get it down a further 10 euro :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Down to just under 290 euro now. Can't get any of the discount codes to work to get it down a further 10 euro :-(

Have you tried Connacht1 or gaa20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭ Chana Shy Rifle

gerard2210 wrote:
    Have you tried Connacht1 or gaa20.

Cheers for that gaa20 worked

• Registered Users Posts: 23 La la lopsy

Connacht1 worked for me €20 off

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Got a quote of 280 for 500L on Monday, it is up to 289.99 now in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Top oil currently charging €535 for 1000 l. This includes the €20 discount. Liffey Oil in Meath are charging €440. Huge difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cocoman wrote: »
    Top oil currently charging €535 for 1000 l. This includes the €20 discount. Liffey Oil in Meath are charging €440. Huge difference!

Top are one of the most expensive around at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

New carbon tax on home heating oil comes in on May 1st

I've ordered 600 litres of kerosene and with promo code it came to €252.

Advertisement