Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

• 03-01-2018 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

GARDAI are investigating a string of stabbing attacks this morning that has left one man dead and two others injured.

The incidents took place in Dundalk, Co Louth. One man has died after he was attacked and stabbed on Avenue Road. He is understood to be of Asian descent. His age is as yet unknown. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is understood that two other men - both understood to be Irish - were subsequently injured in separate attacks.

Gardaí who were called to the scene confronted and disarmed the attacker.

He has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being detained at Dundalk Garda Station. He can be questioned for up to 24 hours. It is understood that the attacker is originally from Syria.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/one-man-killed-two-others-injured-in-series-of-stabbings-in-louth-36455136.html

Gardai are investigating whether this attack was planned, or was random in nature.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0103/930792-dundalk-death/

1 dead, 2 injured, 3 crime scenes, Middle Eastern suspect...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I thought they are all well qualified doctors etc coming over from Syria ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

It would be best not to simply speculate on motives just yet. Nationality is incidental until more is known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

it was only a matter of time before this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Pretty sure the attacker was just after leaving the cinema before he started his rampage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

2smiggy wrote: »

Before this descends into a muslim bashing thread, I see no relevance to your sarcastic post regarding the immigrants that have/are coming over.
    It is understood he is from Syria but not confirmed.
    And even if it is confirmed he is from Syria then what difference does it make?
    Is it somewhat worse that a Syrian would murder someone than if it were a French/British/Irish national?
    Murder is murder regardless of your nationality.

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Pretty sure the attacker was just after leaving the cinema before he started his rampage.

At 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Someone is murdered and this is your response? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I think by now after so many of these type of events turned out to be nothing but coincidence we should know not to speculate or imply anything until further information comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

bear1 wrote: »
    Before this descends into a muslim bashing thread, I see no relevance to your sarcastic post regarding the immigrants that have/are coming over.
    It is understood he is from Syria but not confirmed.
    And even if it is confirmed he is from Syria then what difference does it make?
    Is it somewhat worse that a Syrian would murder someone than if it were a French/British/Irish national?
    Murder is murder regardless of your nationality.

Middle Eastern cowardly murderous bastards are infinitely worse than white European ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Anybody using a tragic event, where people have lost their lives, to score cheap political points needs to take a long hard look at themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Fernando Flat Silkworm

Well every cloud has a silver lining. Innocent people dead and injured but at least we can make gloaty little posts!

Although I'd imagine some people are still actually rubbing one out in vindictive glee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    At 9am?

They're just struggling to hide their considerable glee at the needless loss of life, pay no notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Middle Eastern cowardly murderous bastards are infinitely worse than white European ones.

Well that didn't take long

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well every cloud has a silver lining. Innocent people dead and injured but at least we can make gloaty little posts!

Although I'd imagine some people are still actually rubbing one out in vindictive glee.

More people making this kind of post than the kind of post you're condemning

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can we wait until we have concrete facts at least before losing the run of ourselves?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Why take the risk and let them in? They are obviously not compatible with social norms in the west and would be more at ease among their own kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

R.I.P. to the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Fernando Flat Silkworm

More people making this kind of post than the kind of post you're condemning

And I wouldn't have had any cause to make the post if the OP, first response and several other posts weren't so cunty. Obviously people are going to respond to such low nastiness, and the fact they outnumber the low nasties is heartening at least.

Anyone got any actual updates or is this gone meta already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    A lot of these folk seem deranged. Why take the risk and let them in? They are obviously not compatible with social norms in the west and would be more at ease among their own kind.

Irish people murder people too
    How many syrians have we had murder anybody in ireland? This is the first Ive ever heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭twinytwo

A lot of these folk seem deranged. Why take the risk and let them in? They are obviously not compatible with social norms in the west and would be more at ease among their own kind.

Because Germany has said so ..thus must obey. To logically question automatically makes you racist/islamophobic etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

wakka12 wrote: »
    How many syrians have we had murder anybody in ireland? This is the first Ive ever heard of

One is too many

wakka12 wrote: »
    And how many Syrians do we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Quite similar to re-regs and people with multiple accounts trying to push an agenda on this forum, don't you think?

They're just struggling to hide their considerable glee at the needless loss of life, pay no notice.

I still dont really get the eh meaning, relevence, attempted sarcasm, humour, whatever. I obviously dont pass that much attention to AH postings so!

Where it has happened would have been very busy at 9am, heavy and slow moving traffic. Would almost be at a stand still if schools were open. Plenty of people will have witnessed a horrible incident!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Too early to speculate but RIP to the victim, it scares the ****e out of me that life can be taking so cheaply.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    I still dont really get the eh meaning, relevence, attempted sarcasm, humour, whatever. I obviously dont pass that much attention to AH postings so!

Where it has happened would have been very busy at 9am, heavy and slow moving traffic. Would almost be at a stand still if schools were open. Plenty of people will have witnessed a horrible incident!!

It's a reference to the case of an Irish citizen who may or may not have been wrongly imprisoned in an Egyptian prison. Edgy stuff.

Fcuk all to do with this incident, but hey, they're brown and possibly Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Most Syrian people are fine people.

It doesn’t change the fact that even Interpol said that the migrant crisis was used by terrorists to gain access to Europe, and thousands of terrorists were believed to have arrived in that period of the crisis.

It does appear to be a terrorist attack in Dundalk. Some people will downplay it as to normalise it. Others will overplay it for others reasons.
    It doesn’t change the fact 1 person is dead and more injured in an attack where it was said the man responsible who is from the Middle East was intent on stabbing as many people as possible.

Well done to the Gardai. Who did a professional and efficient job with disarming and arresting the culprit.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Most Syrian people are fine people.

It doesn’t change the fact that even Interpol said that the migrant crisis was used by terrorists to gain access to Europe, and thousands of terrorists were believed to have arrived in that period of the crisis.

It does appear to be a terrorist attack in Dundalk. Some people will downplay it as to normalise it. Others will overplay it for others reasons.
    It doesn’t change the fact 1 person is dead and more injured in an attack where it was said the man responsible who is from the Middle East was intent on stabbing as many people as possible.

Well done to the Gardai. Who did a professional and efficient job with disarming and arresting the culprit.
    If this had happened in London it would be getting more reactions on here.
    Also if the 3 places being mentioned are where the stabbings happened then the Gardai were not very efficient in tracking him down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement