Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

My second time buying from bigmickey lately and again brilliant customer service from Mick, Fiona and Michael on delivery. You just don't get this level of service anywhere else, a pleasure to do business with.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

ChewyLuey wrote: »
    My second time buying from bigmickey lately and again brilliant customer service from Mick, Fiona and Michael on delivery. You just don't get this level of service anywhere else, a pleasure to do business with.

Hi ChewyLuey

Great to hear you are happy with the service. Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Dear Mr Mickey. :)

Looking for a single bed and mattress of decent quality for a daughter in early teens. Whatcha got? (We're Dublin 16).

fat bloke wrote: »
    Dear Mr Mickey. :)

Looking for a single bed and mattress of decent quality for a daughter in early teens. Whatcha got? (We're Dublin 16).

Hi fat bloke

One of our biggest sellers is The Vogue Ortho. We have sold thousands of these without any issues. 299 euro for base and mattress. Have sinle beds from 149 euro but The Vogue would be very good quality for that price.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi fat bloke

One of our biggest sellers is The Vogue Ortho. We have sold thousands of these without any issues. 299 euro for base and mattress. Have sinle beds from 149 euro but The Vogue would be very good quality for that price.

Thanks

Bigmickey

That would be mighty for that price, the poor thing has been years on a poxy cheap bottom bunk bed setup, so we'd like to buy a nice one. Would you have a link to it or something similar?

• Advertisement

That would be mighty for that price, the poor thing has been years on a poxy cheap bottom bunk bed setup, so we'd like to buy a nice one. Would you have a link to it or something similar?

Here it is :

https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-orthopaedic-mattress/

Thanks. - Is that model available with drawer storage in the base?

Thanks. - Is that model available with drawer storage in the base?

Hi, Yes 40 euro each per drawer so 80 euro extra.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Sorry for all the questions now, but do you by any chance take away thr old mattresses when delivering the new?

Sorry for all the questions now, but do you by any chance take away thr old mattresses when delivering the new?

Hi, yes we take the old ones to a licenced recycler. It costs :

10 euro single

15 euro double

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Hi I 'm looking for super king mattress, medium to firm preferably pocket sprung.
    I'm 6 Ft 2 and 17 st so need good support,looking at the Diamond Natural or something similar , is there anything else you would recommend, I would need the old mattress removed also

vasch_ro wrote: »
    Hi I 'm looking for super king mattress, medium to firm preferably pocket sprung.
    I'm 6 Ft 2 and 17 st so need good support,looking at the Diamond Natural or something similar , is there anything else you would recommend, I would need the old mattress removed also

Hi there

The Diamond 2000 is still our biggest seller. It's classed med/firm . Next to that is the Platunum 2000. This one had a memory top on it and is a little firmer. Both are nice mattresses. They both have the same spring unit in them, just different fillings. Give a call to discuss 043 3341895 / 086 8356888 or pm us your number and we will call you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you do zip and link mattresses? We're thinking of getting a superking bed soon and think we'll have problems getting the mattress up the stairs.

Is there a topper to go on top so you don't notice the zip?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Wheety wrote: »
    Do you do zip and link mattresses? We're thinking of getting a superking bed soon and think we'll have problems getting the mattress up the stairs.

Is there a topper to go on top so you don't notice the zip?

Hi Wheety

WE have them in stock in many models and in King and Superking. You dont really feel the zip so you may not need a topper.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

[HTML][/HTML]

Hi Wheety

WE have them in stock in many models and in King and Superking. You dont really feel the zip so you may not need a topper.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

That's good to know. I will come back with more details at some stage. We need to do up the room first.

Hi there

The Diamond 2000 is still our biggest seller. It's classed med/firm . Next to that is the Platunum 2000. This one had a memory top on it and is a little firmer. Both are nice mattresses. They both have the same spring unit in them, just different fillings. Give a call to discuss 043 3341895 / 086 8356888 or pm us your number and we will call you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks for your help on the phone order placed!

vasch_ro wrote: »
    Thanks for your help on the phone order placed!

Hi vasch-ro

Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Hey Mick,

Looking for a superking bed + mattress (on the firm side). Will need sheets, headboard and duvet also.

We're based in Galway. budget is circa 1000e all in.

Can you look after us?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ch1co

Just want to thank the Big Mickey team for sorting us out, great to deal with...will definitely be ordering again.

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Hey Mick,

Looking for a superking bed + mattress (on the firm side). Will need sheets, headboard and duvet also.

Can you look after us?

Cheers

Hi there

Without a doubt. Hundreds of superking beds in stock. I’m in UK tonight but will be back Wednesday morning if you want to bell me

Mick

• Advertisement

Hi vasch-ro

Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Just a thank you for very fast service and assistance, The Diamond 2000 is very comfortable we are very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi Mick. Looking to get a new mattress. Have a lovely memory foam one from the Natural Sleep Company but unfortunately find it too hot. So basically looking for a mattress with the level of comfort of a memory foam but not memory foam. What would you advise? Thanks.

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Hey Mick,

Can you look after us?

Cheers

Hi B Rabbit

Tried to call you just now. Left a voice mail.

Thanks

bigmickey

angeline wrote: »
    Hi Mick. Looking to get a new mattress. Have a lovely memory foam one from the Natural Sleep Company but unfortunately find it too hot. So basically looking for a mattress with the level of comfort of a memory foam but not memory foam. What would you advise? Thanks.

Hi angeline

Natural latex would be worth having a look at. It will keep you cool and feels like memory foam. We have a few different one in stock

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hi Mick,

Looking for a superking sized mattress, memory foam as thick as possible (the current one we have is 12" thick and served us well for 8 years on the old bed frame).

I move a lot when asleep so looking for something with minimal movement also.

Recommend anything?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Looking for a superking sized mattress, memory foam as thick as possible (the current one we have is 12" thick and served us well for 8 years on the old bed frame).

I move a lot when asleep so looking for something with minimal movement also.

Recommend anything?

Our Irish Beds Platinum 2000 model has a full 2000 pocket spring unit in it with 50mm of Kaymed memory foam. It's 12 inch deep and now twin sided so you can turn it. There is a 5 year warranty on them . We have a customer that is a chiropractor that has this mattress for around 3 years and swears by it. It comes in both quilted and tufted also. Superking is 899 euro with us but close to 2000 in some big name shops.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Our Irish Beds Platinum 2000 model has a full 2000 pocket spring unit in it with 50mm of Kaymed memory foam. It's 12 inch deep and now twin sided so you can turn it. There is a 5 year warranty on them . We have a customer that is a chiropractor that has this mattress for around 3 years and swears by it. It comes in both quilted and tufted also. Superking is 899 euro with us but close to 2000 in some big name shops.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Thanks for the response, was looking at the bed below in the mean time, any thoughts?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/cool-70-mattress-2/

Do you have a direct link to the one you were talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Hi Mick,

I am looking for firm double mattress, similar to https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/hidrasund-pocket-sprung-mattress-firm-natural-20372711/ . Could you recommend something from your range? It should be very good quality, as my partner has hip and back issues.
    Unfortunately, we don't drive, do you still have mobile company, so he can try some of the mattresses closer to home? Based in south Dublin.

Thank you so much in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭philboy

Hi BigMickey,
    We have a 14 month old Kaymed instant response gel 2500 5ft mattress which is a rotatable memory foam mattress. This is actually a replacement as the first one sagged so much, so it's actually less than a year old. The sagging is happening again with this one although to a lesser extent. The mattress itself is just far too soft.

We are looking for a medium/firm or firm king size mattress. We don't want memory foam but would like a good quality mattress with good support. The mattress will need to go on a bed frame and not a divan.

What would recommend? Many thanks.

• Advertisement

sandra_b wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

I am looking for firm double mattress, similar to https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/hidrasund-pocket-sprung-mattress-firm-natural-20372711/ . Could you recommend something from your range? It should be very good quality, as my partner has hip and back issues.
    Unfortunately, we don't drive, do you still have mobile company, so he can try some of the mattresses closer to home? Based in south Dublin.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi sandra_b

We can arrange the mobile display for you . pm me your details.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Advertisement