Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

ozmo wrote: »
    Those who are reporting frother issues..

Are you waiting for the orange light to come on steady?

Also whats the best place in Dub city to get some strong beans anyone know?

Thanks.
    Yes. Waiting for the light to come on. Still takes forever to froth a bit of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Those who are reporting frother issues..

Are you waiting for the orange light to come on steady?

Also whats the best place in Dub city to get some strong beans anyone know?

Thanks.

Nicks in Ranelagh have some nice beans. Think they're 4.50 for 250g, and they'll always give you a free coffee while you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Nicks in Ranelagh have some nice beans. Think they're 4.50 for 250g, and they'll always give you a free coffee while you're there.

Thanks - but far out - was in the city today and thought while there Id get some coffee - ended up with a selection of 3 types from Bewleys on Grafton Street. Kinda pricey at €6.80 each (250g).

Going try it soon as I use the last beans out of the grinder (a small fault I think - its not so easy to try a different coffee without wasting a cup of coffee beans in the hopper)

ps. frother works flawless for me - enough milk for 1 large lattee frothed in about 20 seconds. Just keep the Plastic Head only very slightly below or even on the surface of the milk - not at the bottom - that way it sucks down air into the milk with the steam.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks - but far out - was in the city today and thought while there Id get some coffee - ended up with a selection of 3 types from Bewleys on Grafton Street. Kinda pricey at €6.80 each (250g).

For future note, you'd get much better and likely fresher beans around the corner in Coffee Angel on South Anne St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Greenbean roast there own coffee in Dundalk. Thats where I buy mine form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Sub430 wrote: »
    Back down again to now

Annnnnnd again @€;324 if you buy from Amazon not the 1st seller etc :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

very very tempted!

anyone who purchased it previously have any feedback?
    Some of the reviews are mixed on amazon, saying its very VERY loud and apparently not very reliable after just 2 years of use.
    Ofcourse you get negative reviews on any product and it does have 583 5 star out of 786 reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 64,699 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    very very tempted!

Some of the reviews are mixed on amazon, saying its very VERY loud and apparently not very reliable after just 2 years of use.
    Ofcourse you get negative reviews on any product and it does have 583 5 star out of 786 reviews

I did buy it based on this thread :)

That was 19 months ago and about 2,000 coffees made with this machine. Go for it. Buy one. You will not be disappointed. It is an absolute steal for this kinda money!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Bought it as well from this thread , use it every day , get the right beans and you wont look back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

loopymum wrote:
    I have a Tassimo, seriously considering one of these

loopymum wrote:
    An Americano is just a black coffee isn't it? I don't see why it wouldn't?

Americano is a espresso topped up with hot water - no hot water dispenser on this I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

I thought there was a newer model out that replaced this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

unkel wrote: »
    I did buy it based on this thread :)

That was 19 months ago and about 2,000 coffees made with this machine. Go for it. Buy one. You will not be disappointed. It is an absolute steal for this kinda money!
    convinced me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    very very tempted!

Yep,t is very loud, no doubt about that.
    Makes great coffe, in my opinion, but I am not a very serious coffe geek, nerd or whatever youre having yourself. It is easy to maitain and clean. Had since Oct 14 and made at least 2000 espresso and its right as rain. I tend to go for the mid to high price range at Discount coffee and usually get through befor it gets too stale.

If you look at the CamelCamel stats and currency rates, we really got an amazing deal at the start of this thread

I paid £199 (the lowest price this ever sold anywhere according to CamelCamel) including shipping, which was €250 at the time incl Irish VAT
    Now it is £229 so with GBP at around 1.39 this will work out at about €335

Still very cheap for what essentially makes the exact same coffee as a €1000+ higher end (but internally identical) De'Longhi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I've been watching this with a few weeks. I have an alert on camelcamelcamel to email me if it goes below £200. Probably unlikely to happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Americano is a espresso topped up with hot water - no hot water dispenser on this I think

A barista should tell you its hot water topped up with espresso - this preserves the créme better

A barista should tell you if you want an Americano, just use bloody instant coffee and a kettle. Waste of decent coffee beans and a decent espresso machine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

I use the steamer to half fill cup with hot water then add a double espresso to make an Americano. Don't press any buttons just turn steamer all the way on.

Don't use the steamer much for milk but only issue I've had is after steaming milk
    it takes an age to make an espresso (not sure why, maybe needs to cool down).
    Easy work around is to make all espressos required before heating the milk.

Have had for couple of years now without any major issues, I descale regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The Fool wrote: »
    I use the steamer to half fill cup with hot water then add a double espresso to make an Americano. Don't press any buttons just turn steamer all the way on.

Don't use the steamer much for milk but only issue I've had is after steaming milk

After steaming ... put it back to regular mode ... Leave the steamer open and it will stop. Lights all go green again and you can make espresso again!

Defo descale regularly

Also be careful of the steamer knob ... it's plastic and breaks
    DeLonghi will send you out a new knob (under warranty) but may fleece you out of warranty

I have seen them on ebay also

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

keith_d99 wrote: »

Also be careful of the steamer knob ...

I. Must. Resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

The Fool wrote: »

Out of curiousity - have you ever tried the steamer after the espresso ?
    The purest would probably say the warm water should be added after rather than before the espresso shot.
    Depending on the beans I have I find espressos or americanos can sometimes taste nicer - but that's just a preference/impression - with coffee imo it should be about whatever way you enjoy it - not what is the perceived correct way.

I'm not comparing like with like - however another option people could weigh up is that there are really good warehouse deals on delonghi nespresso machines at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00T4GWD7E/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi all,

I just got this machine delivered (only took 2 days from Amazon super saver).

I like to have a 100ml cup of espresso style coffee, and I used to set the water amount on my nespresso machine to get this!

Whats the best way to set this machine to replicate this?

I am currently using grind about 4, coffee pointing at 2 o clock, and water set at whatever gets the crema to the top of my 100ml cup.

It's not bad, but I'm wondering could it be done better, maybe with a finer grind and less coffee so it flows?

Thanks,

Ken

It's really trial & error. It will take you a good few cups that go down the sink :)

Or give to your missus or anyone else who likes Americanos and won't notice the difference :pac:

I'm similar to you, I like a double espresso, about 60ml in total. Have the grinder set to the finest I could get away with (so that the coffee still flows rather than just trickles), coffee strength to about 75% (3 o'clock) and water to about 25% (9 o'clock)

Good luck trying! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

This is in the amazon 4 for 3 offer if anyone was interested.
    Would be c. £170 each if three others wanted to group together.

This is in the amazon 4 for 3 offer if anyone was interested.
    Would be c. £170 each if three others wanted to group together.

Works out at €238 each on the 4 for 3 including shipping and Irish VAT. That's amazing value. Go for it folks, you will not be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

How would the 4 x 3 work? I'd be interested but not sure on the practicality of it. Does one person need to cough up the costs for the 4 of them? Seems a bit high risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

i'm game. i'll stake my 10+ years membership and good adverts feedback on completing the deal. presume others have similar bona fides.

Offer ends at 23:59 BST on Sunday, December 20, 2015.

first 3 ppl to pm me and ill front the purchse. collect from me in dublin5 or i can send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

i'm game. i'll stake my 10+ years membership and good adverts feedback on completing the deal. presume others have similar bona fides.

Offer ends at 23:59 BST on Sunday, December 20, 2015.

first 3 ppl to pm me and ill front the purchse. collect from me in dublin5 or i can send it on

I'd be happy to front it too, I'm in Dublin 14, or collect from you in Dublin 5.
    It's £691 upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I'd be happy to front it too, I'm in Dublin 14, or collect from you in Dublin 5.
    It's £691 upfront.

cotton, im gonna post in tea/coffee forum that we need two more

*edit* 3/4 places filled. need one more to initiate order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

just sent pm if there is still space

Advertisement