Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra - Exynos chip a no buy?

• 20-01-2020 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭

I've been looking forward to the S20 (S11) for quite some time now. Major advancement in camera technology and 5G expected.

However they just had to undermine us European users again with their underwhelming Exynos chip. This is a no buy for me now. I'll be looking towards the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Realme equivalent.

Anyone else going to avoid buying as no Snapdragon chip in Europe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

biebiebie wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to the S20 (S11) for quite some time now. Major advancement in camera technology and 5G expected.

However they just had to undermine us European users again with their underwhelming Exynos chip. This is a no buy for me now. I'll be looking towards the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Realme equivalent.

Anyone else going to avoid buying as no Snapdragon chip in Europe?

i think i know the differences ..or main differences....but give me your opinion on exynos chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

OP where are you getting this information? I thought it wasn't going to be announced until later on in February

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

In sure there's a way to get the Snapdragon chip online or something. It does appear us Europeans are being shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 35,609 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Samsmug camera's are so poor. I hope the have finally got a decent camera and video. I expect it will be the same, I'm waiting to be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Samsmug camera's are so poor. I hope the have finally got a decent camera and video. I expect it will be the same, I'm waiting to be surprised.

Reports of a 108MP main camera on the Ultra model would suggest that yes they've got a 'decent' system in place. Haven't used a Samsung since the S7 but I'd have thought their camera tech was pretty much top tier in the S models anyway before this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

This comes up every now and again ,that Samsung cameras are poor.

I rarely take photos on any of my phones but are the cameras in Samsung's phones poor or is it hearsay ?

Wouldn't anyone with a keen interest in photography or take pictures regularly use a proper camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

yabadabado wrote: »
    This comes up every now and again ,that Samsung cameras are poor.

I rarely take photos on any of my phones but are the cameras in Samsung's phones poor or is it hearsay ?

Wouldn't anyone with a keen interest in photography or take pictures regularly use a proper camera?

theres some superb photography taken with phones.
    as for samsungs, i always loved the samsungs i had and loved the cameras...especially note 4 and s8....but last year i fell for the hype of the p30pro and changed, and i'm far less suited to the camera on it...can never seem to get a decent photo on it...bad in lower evening light, light not dark enough for night mode and i can never get a panorama photos perfect (my s8 was always spot on with them)....i'm looking now at this new upcoming samsung note 10 lite and wondering if i can get my p30 pro unlcoked somehow and sell it for somewhere near price of a note 10 lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Whenever I take photos with my S10+ and people look at them they always comment on how good they are. Aside from an iPhone or Pixel, I don't think you get much better photos on a phone, really.

The main downside of the Exynos vs Snapdragon is usually battery life. performance wise I don't think there's anything noticeable. It is a bit annoying, though, seeing as the Snapdragon's are widely available here on other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Cina wrote: »
    Whenever I take photos with my S10+ and people look at them they always comment on how good they are. Aside from an iPhone or Pixel, I don't think you get much better photos on a phone, really.

The main downside of the Exynos vs Snapdragon is usually battery life. performance wise I don't think there's anything noticeable. It is a bit annoying, though, seeing as the Snapdragon's are widely available here on other devices.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm not bothered about the CPU. I'm more interested in the new camera tech, bigger battery, the fingerprint sensor that's apparently 17 times bigger and can accept using 2 fingers for extra security. I'm also happy about getting rid of the camera hole punch in the top right, which I feel was an awful design mistake in the 10 series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement